The Official Tire Thread

Discussion in 'DIY Instructables' started by Scuba Steve, Mar 5, 2008.

1. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Breaking? Not so much. But they are typically very heavy and also prone to small cracks and bending. I used to run Rota's on my last Saabaru though without issues.

2. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

Lots of people run rotas, I have a set or 2 still

3. 1_sic_rex

1_sic_rex Well-Known Member

I agree with Tash, ROTA wheels are just fine for what this person needs and wants. If you are looking for a straight up track set up then I would recomend something in the higher quality. I will not disagree that ROTAs are low end wheels but they will work just fine for what the OP needs.

4. Dark Wagon

Dark Wagon Member

PM'd.

5. 02_Rexxxy

02_Rexxxy Active Member

You can use all seasons for rally x...pending track conditions. I've ran with I-Pikes, Winterforces, DWS, and KDWs. For the most part the handling characteristics aren't too much different and you can compensate for those differences easily...unless the track is a mud pit from rain ...then you will want winter tires haha.

6. Dark Wagon

Dark Wagon Member

Thanks for the info. I think what I may have heard is that it was up to the track coordinators as far as if you can use AS on the specific track. Something about not wanting to have to pull someone off the track cause they are getting stuck on each run in the mud holes.

7. 007

007 Active Member

Winter Tires ready to go for 2018 WRX. The car came with 18” wheels. I went with 17” Sparco Drifts and a 245/45R17 Michelin X-Ice XI3. Same width more sidewall. They are also one of the only winter tires with an actual mileage rating. It’s 40,000 miles which is a lot of winters.

D235FB5E-5E49-42EB-8C4E-7181E6950F71.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018