The Official Watches Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ctracey218, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Jason C

Jason C Well-Known Member

Yeah. Like that. I don't know the brand of the one I saw, but the tourbillion was in the 6 o'clock position and the case was silver, probably platinum or something expensive. $500k for a watch... I'd sure love to be rich enough to be able to blow that kind of money on a watch.

I never cared for Rolex or Omega all that much. I've long felt they didn't offer that much for the money other than the status symbol. (Although, I do really like the Omega Moonwatch for the classic look and history). This is why I really like Seiko. Everything from crystal to movement and even the oils are produced in-house, not to mention the diverse offerings - from an inexpensive quartz to a high end SpringDrive Grand Seiko. As a watch company, I feel Seiko has the Swiss companies beat.

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I could add another Subaru to the fleet...or buy a watch! Hmmm....watch would probably last longer and not start on fire.

pillboy and Ctracey218 like this.
  3. derp

derp Well-Known Member

where there's a will, there's a way.

Ctracey218 likes this.
  4. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

tangledupinblu likes this.
  5. Ctracey218

Ctracey218 Playpen Wrangler Staff Member

http://forums.watchuseek.com/ is probably the hottest spot to sell.
    I've sold plenty on there and also have had some luck on the r/watchexchange over at Reddit

A little digging will help you price accordingly.

Good luck!

6. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

New watch arrived today :) I've been wanting a nice flieger/pilot watch ever since I learned about automatic watches. I recently got a new job, so I figured it was time to pull the trigger.

Stowa Fliger Klassik 40 logo and date, with Fl23883 engraving on the side.

[​IMG]

The blued hands are gorgeous in person (you can just barely see the engraving on the left in this photo):

[​IMG]

And the lume:

[​IMG]

If you want a quick history lesson on pilot watches: http://www.justwatchme.net/history-of-the-german-b-uhr-watch-observation-watch-LACO-Stowa-IWC/
    And meaning of the Fl 23883: "All the watches were marked FL23883, FL meaning fliegnummer (flying number), 23 designated it as a device for flight monitoring and the 883 was assigned by the Deutsche Versuchsanstalt für Luftfahrt (German Testing Office for Aeronautics)."