Theres a New Kid in town, and hes bringing heat

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Se7enrex, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Se7enrex

Se7enrex Well-Known Member

new kid -16 years old with an 05 sti and wants to be the "ive got all th epower in the world kid"- so after only a month of owning, he just bought larger injectors and an FP green turbo and project MU brakes full Cobb exhaust and accessport. He says he is gonna rally race, track race and street race!-.::remember he has barely had a license let alone the car:: so he says hes an amazing driver and is going to be the "best" in town, he rents bought him EVERY single part,EVERY part. So while yes, i am jealous, i am also sad because the car will be wrecked by his in-experience and over confidence and soon enough a good sti will be junked-he also says, "my sti is bullet proof so i can run a little over 400 whp(which is his goal) with theturbo,injectors,exhaust--please go let this kid not kill anybody on the road

2. PRA4SNO

PRA4SNO Well-Known Member

victors friend right?

He seems cool but WAY too gungho with that car.

Wasnt it like 2 weeks ago we heard him drive off down your street and mentioned to eachother we should teach him how to drive a stick?

Geeze. going from an 04 civic a/t to a sti 6spd? dear lord. dont race him, hell, dont get close to him. Like I believe will mentioned, hes in the minnetonka area, its a wrb sti, the thing is an 05 right?

thats an accident waiting to happen. good idea mentioning this to everybody will.

Drivetrain dibs commence....;)

3. Iroc-Z

Iroc-Z Well-Known Member

Nice wish I could get a $24,000 car when I was 16.

4. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

Shoot! I wish I HAD a car at 16... Any car would have worked!!!

5. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

yah i'm sure he'll be a regular at local track, autocross and other motorsports events, especially if he has the attitude he's the best driver around. So many lessons are going to be taught to him...

[​IMG]

6. Se7enrex

yeah victors friend, this kids a real treat-the thing about his situation is the higher he the harder he will fall:biggrin:

7. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

tell him he wil need more than a green to keep up with about 10 other people on this forum. pat him on the head and say..... good try..

8. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

if only i had rich parents when i was 16. heck i wouldn't even want a STi. mmMm....lotus....

9. Macx

Macx New Member

Dang. I thought my $3400 dollar '76 Fiat Spyder was High Rolling back when I was 16 (probably dang straight for my 'hood) back in . . . '89 or so.

Kid with 24K car, just sounds like STUPID fricken parents. I have this friend out in AZ, Dad said you can have "X" amount of dollars right now OR you can invest it with my help & work for 10 years (18 to 28). My friend did the smart thing . . . he has a nice house out in the hills of Tucson AZ, over 100K wrapped up in less than 5 bikes and probably 30 of the top “want to have” bikes on the planet . . . a few other toys and a garage unlike anything I have ever seen. He will never work another day in his life unless he chooses too (and he does, goes around fricken helping people that need help all the time, cause he is a good dude & got nothing else to do).

What I am saying is that parents that don’t turn out people like my friend, yet have stupidly huge amounts of money are more lucky than smart . . . and contemptibly short-sighted.

I’d give an eye-tooth for the opportunity to sit down with your home-boy’s folks for an hour. There are street people I met after 10:00p tonight that I respect more than this kid’s parents.

10. slowrex

slowrex Active Member

i got my first car when i was sixteen which was my 05 wrx and i can honestly say that i dont think that i was resposible enough to handle it at the time, i thought i was so tight driving it around town and to school and now that im 18 i wish i would have handled some things differently but im still young and still learning.

11. PRA4SNO

^^heh. Yeah lue, I'm with you on that one.

and esperunit, thats the biggest damn smiley I have ever seen before.

I guarantee that wont be the look on this kids face within...what...a month?

That gives me an idea. We should start a thread so we can place bets on when he crashes.

12. shineynitelite

shineynitelite Well-Known Member

frickin sad, i'm 20 quite possibly give my left testi for a sti and some twat gets one handed to him..........

13. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I say; feed a punk brat a fish and he'll eat for a night. Teach a punk brat how to fish, and he'll eat for a lifeti... aah screw it, i've got $20 says he crashes it by thanksgiving!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

14. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

i dont get it...lets get the kids parents on the forum, I would love to hear their rationale first hand.
    Is it?
    1. Its pocket change he found in between the seats of the Benz?
    2. We let him spend his trust fund any way he sees fit?
    3. He has saved his whole life for this car?
    4. Isnt an STI made by Daewoo?
    5. We dont give him much attention, so hopefully this will be a nice substitute?
    6. "Hes really good at Gran Turismo'!
    7. "He says everybody else has one".
    8. "This is nothing comparted to the 911 Turbo we are getting him for his 17th birthday.

i say have the kids parents talk to SLOWREX, this guy is wise beyond his years, seriously.

15. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

WTF.... the only highschooler that MAYBE should have cars that are capable of what an STi can do IMO are the ones that have the blood, sweat, and tears invested in building said car. Then at least they have an active investment in the car and MAYBE they will not kill the car... oh and themselves I guess.

OK so yea I am jealous and wish the cars that I worked on and built in highschool were as nice as an STi. The nicest car that was mine that I worked on in highschool was a 72 Opel GT... and it was rusting out bad. Still NO ONE just getting their licience should be driving anything more powerful than something like a Ford Taurus or say a 95 Buick Regal (could not resist that one, sorry Alex) or something like that.

16. Se7enrex

wow, good response everyone, my 95 buick centery v6 with 160hp was too much fun for me at 16(crashed it twice and fixed it in my garage) then sold it for the same amount I bought it for, I was dumb and courageous and this kid is gona run out of luck fast, I got 10 bucks on christmas(let the snow fly;)

17. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I'm Victor... but he's no friend of mine. LMAO

18. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Sure sure, NOW he's not your friend :)... LOL.

19. webcrawlr

webcrawlr Well-Known Member

A lot of hate around these parts.:hsugh:

20. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Shhh... looks like the secret is out, ok I confess... :)

21. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

If i was the parents, I would take out a big Life insurance.

22. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

th ereal problem isnt HIS fall its the innocent family he kills during his fall...

23. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

good investment
    lol
    spend 24k on your kid and get 50-100k back?

Sweet deal =D

24. TSTRBOY2004

why is it hate when people are concerned... first for their own lives and family's life, 2 that the kids gonan hurt himself, 3 parents are *******es

oh.. are you the kid we are talking about??:eek3:

25. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

A 16 year old with a really fast car can have what he wants as long as he paid for it legally. There's nothing we can do about this. His parent's' actions and his new STi won't reflect anything on the majority of us, but unfortunately, he could create some damage to the younger STi community in the twin cities if he were to wreck his STi and get it paid off by his insurance company. That's why it's so expensive to own insurance on STis, Evos and SRT4s for the general public. Younger people tend to be much less responsible.

Many of us will get jealous about how well-off this kid and his family is, but it happens way too often from the upper-class families and there's really nothing we could do to change their ways. They would probably just tell us to f off and say... "it's not our fault your parents made bad investment decisions". Then some of those rich parents aren't very smart and think that satisfying all their kid's 'wants' is a way of showing their love; but really it's just a way to shut them up because they don't know how or have the time to parent. I hope they don't learn their lesson the hard way because they are people just like us but with much more on their plates.

26. wings_23

wings_23 New Member

I dont understand why everybody is ripping on this kid. I have a STi and i love it but you guys are talking like its a ferrari or something. I had two friends in highschool who both had corvettes, one was his that his parents bought him and one was his Dads that he had full acess to, we were 16,17 years old and the only thing that happened was a couple minor speeding tickets. Maybe this kid is responsible, maybe he is a honor student and his parents rewarded him. The thing is if his parents are really rich 24,000 for them is probally like when my parents gave me a 2400 dollar car. The point is there is a lot of people judging others on here. What if people that want to be members of this Subaru club read these forums and decide not ot join because of the stuff some of us say, we could be losing some pretty cool new members. I think the right thing to do is, someone take this kid aside and share some knowledge

27. TSTRBOY2004

if they dont join cause of that then they are pretty thin skinned... this is the most user accepting, member encouraging subaru board I am on and I have accounts with about 12 of them I would say.... so what some peopel say things... big friggin deal... I hope he proves everyone wrong!!! who cares if his parents are rich... its the way they raise their kids that counts... I odnt give a crap if my kid is the president of teh honor role... he aint getting no $20G + car.. the fact that he strived and achieved greatness is reward enough for him... hopefully if my kid is that driven then he will be smart with his money, a hard worker and make great investments... Mummy and Daddy aint the bank...

28. hofit

hofit Well-Known Member

I'm really lucky I couldn't get a car like that when I was 16. I'd be dead along with whomever I would have smashed into at 140 mph. It took me years to learn the responsibility of a car.

29. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

wait did you miss it before? you deserve it again...

[​IMG]

form the op's post, the kid sounds like tool. you sound like another tool defending a tool.

like i give crap if some trash talking wet behind the ears punk joins the forums or not. Maybe daddy can buy him an account. If he was a mature kid he would have joined the forums never mentioned his age and been accepted from the merits of his own intelligence/humanity/ability to relate to people, but oh noes if we are scaring people off from posting "my car is more uber than yours and i am the best most experience race car driver who has had a license for 6 months in the world."

i hope he does hit a tree. as a lesson to the world that these cars were not meant for inexperienced first time drivers. I don't care if his insurance goes through the damn roof, its there to prevent idiot parents from buying these things for their kids in the first place. the sad thing is he might not hit a tree tryong to show off his uber leet ultra racer skillz, he might actually hit a car full of innocent people and this is wh the kids a menace.

let me guess, your less than 20 and had parents that bought you a WRX or STi too right? just be humble about it, thankful and get on with your life. don't try to talk trash or defend it, just humble and mover on...

30. TSTRBOY2004

diplomatically spoken... ha ha ha ha

31. w_o_t_boy

w_o_t_boy Well-Known Member

I was an honor-role student in HS and I drove my GMC Safari van as fast as it would go at all times. Thankfully, that wasn't too fast.

32. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

dibs on the brakes. lol.

33. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

I call dibs on teh 6spd.

seriously though. the kid has every right to own an STi, his parents have every right to buy him that car or any other car they see fit. i personally dont agree with it. back a few years ago when i got me liscence i was drolling over the WRXs and STis. but now that i can look back, i am GLAD i didnt get one. why? becuase i would be dead. i would beware this guy just becuase of his attitude. its gonna get him killed. IMO new drivers houldnt have more than 160hp. (135hp can still get you into plenty of trouble, and you can get away from it either!)

34. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

OMG! that was what I used to learn how to drive back in HS! You sat up high and it was like a mini-bus. :)

35. Macx

Macx New Member

Man, just cause I had a PUI over in off topic last night I hope I am not getting ignored in this one.

It isn't hate and it isn't jealousy. I have a friend from that kind of money and his parents did it right, dude is set up and a really good person. I have seen rich kids that weren't brought up right (handed stuff when they were too young) that I respect less than some of the homeless folks I know . . . yup, I put "those kids" below street people respect-wise.

36. TSTRBOY2004

^^ I heard ya and agree

37. PRA4SNO

That line right there scares me. We arent talking about run ins with the cops and getting "caught" for doing something. I also would be willing to make a bet that there were a LOT of things done with those vettes that could have cost those kids their lives, and possibly involved others as well.

I'm sorry but here are the facts.

16 years old. Never driven a m/t. Previously owned a non-turbo 145hp vehicle. Has owned the car for almost a month and STILL cant shift right.

A rally car on the road in the hands of a 16 year old is like dropping a shark into a swimming pool at the local ymca. Eventually SOMEONE is going to get bitten. At that age, (and we've all been there) its about finding the limits of your vehicle. Until you crash one, you will probably not have learned the lesson of the consequences involved.

I too would like the parents rationale when they walked past right past the practical cars, and picked up a 300hp/300tq 0-60 in 4.5sec car.

38. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

well atleast he got a reliable car ;-)

39. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

what is up with the age discrimination, holy crap... many of you have met me in person and i would be willing to bet you couldn't guess my age. going on 17 i can honestly say i have learned a lot so far but have a long ways to go... i know more about myself on the road and the car than ever before...i mean honestly, i put in the wrench time on my car, i bought my car, and i do it all by myself...if he is doing the work himself(kind of doubt he is) i think he deserves some respect, i WISH i could afford a newer, faster, more powerfull car but i cant, i have my SVX and i am more than happy with it. I just cant believe how some of you are reacting to this post, sure he is a little punk but even still, he wants to somewhat join the car community, and afterall isnt that whats the goal of the clubs in the first place, a place for car guys to gather and support one another? end of rant

40. TSTRBOY2004

its not so much the age too me its his claims that he is gonna be the next best thing to Colin McCrae (sp?) or whomever he thinks he can be better then with no skill driving an MT...

41. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

I'm not going to judge this mystery kid until I have seen or heard something from him. I hope he joins so we can have another potentially cool member/car in the club. And if he is as big of a douche as he has been made out to be it will be fun to pick on him till he sells his car and buys a Cobra or something.

42. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

I grew up in Minnetonka, and this sort of thing is not uncommon. It's a regular occurrence to have parents tell their kid to pick out a car an then go buy it for them no questions asked (be it a BMW, STi, ect). I'd give it a 50-50 chance he wrecks the car within a year.

There is a reason car insurance decreases as you age. I had a Ford Taurus, and still did some stupid stuff while driving at that age, as I'm sure everyone on this forum can say for themselves.

43. Xcelor8

Xcelor8 Well-Known Member

Meh who cares... really.

Good for him, I just like every fricken one of you would've done the same thing he is doing, had I been given the chance and I'd give a flying **** less what other would have to think about it.

44. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Yup same here.

I didn't have my own car, but got to beat on my mom's Buick Skylark.

Can anyone say jumps? lol.

And tell that kid that I'll buy his vf39 for $100.

45. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

humm....I could have selected the INFAMOUS STi from Subaru when I my parents bought me my '99 L. But I really thought it over and choose the '99 L wagon. I needed a car that I can USE. A wagon is a nice platform for that. ALSO it can be swapped to be made faster, and suspension components....all that good stuff. Really the car is for college so I can have a car to go to school with. The car HAS transformed in many ways and have been through tough times. My parents bought my car for me a month after I was 18. It was my FIRST time ever driving a 5spd on road. It was scary! but I learned a lot through it.

Thing is I read a lot about vehicle dynamics and handling when I was 15-16 years old. www.turnfast.com was the site I read from. Now I'm at where I'm at. Never thought that I'd make it this far knowing what I know and the level of unerstanding. Now I just turned 21; since the 5th of thsi month. Still a ways to go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.