Theres a New Kid in town, and hes bringing heat

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Se7enrex, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimmigt

kimmigt Subie Godess

Do you talk to your mother with that mouth? :mad:

2. Sky58

Sky58 Well-Known Member

Well, quite honestly, I feel the same with most of the guys here about this kid. He seems to be thinking pretty big of himself given the fact he can't drive a stick well enough yet and still wants more power out of the car...Honestly, to me, he sounds like an accident waiting to happen, but hopefully he'll just cool his jets and easy up a bit. Maybe someone should just mention it to him that this thing isn't a toy and not everyone is a naturally talented racer...

3. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

maybe your mum... ha ha ha j/k

4. homang88

homang88 New Member

yeah that kid will prolly feel invincible with all that power and on top of that awd. but judging from when i first drove an sti, i am sooooo glad that i got stuck with my rs that i am driving right now. hahaha that thing is a freaking beast and i prolly would trashed a car like the sti in the winter...some close calls my first winter. but yeah my rs is my first car, and its a m/t and i learned to drive it when i was 16 but i had been a responsible driver back then and still am (but with some new tricks haha) but now 165 hp is starting to feel slow :) and i cant wait to earn that sti

5. webcrawlr

webcrawlr Well-Known Member

Concerned about what? That he's got a mouth? I didn't see anyone say he's got even as much as a speeding ticket yet. Sounds like a lot of over reacting at this point. The kids young and has a moderately fast car, so what.

6. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

hopefully i get to see him in the next F&F movie, if there is one whooo

7. TSTRBOY2004

read the frickin post... the first post stated the kid mouthing about how great his car will be and yada yada.. believe me I have owned faster cars then an STi and been in cars that would be at least a mid 10sec street car (non V8) and i have seen many stupid things, and done many stupid things...

I grew up on a farm, where you learn to drive a tractor before you drive a car,, so I learned to drive a car when I was 8yrs old... even drove on the main road.. My first motorcycle when I was 8yrs old was a 400cc Trail bike.. needless to say thinking I was invincible I broke my leg pretty badly...

people are concerned more about the statements he has made when he cant even drive a stick properly than that he got an STi.... I am happy as it is a safe car at least... I just hope the kid matures a little from his statements before someone is hurt (which can happen regardless)... I dont really car if he races it and crashes it... and I am NOT jealous that he got an STi and I dont.. I got a business he got a pay off from his parents... big deal... he crashes it and survives maybe he can get a viper next... if he doesnt crash i sweet...

the concern comes in for the typical accident that happens when young d1ckheads who think they are Gods gift to motorsport cause SOMEONE else paid for their car, race it to prove how small their P3nis really is and usually end up killing the nice young family returning home form a family dinner (the one where the parents just dont buy love but actually show it) and then they are the ones that are killed, or the parents are leaving the kids without the same chance to grow up with their parents... it is rarely the dumb focker racing the car that gets killed but totally innocent people.. thats the concern on here... if you dont understand it maybe you should grow the fock up too..

8. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

i was that age once...i had a v8 camaro, thought i was the hottest Sh*t around, then, while screwing around, i crashed and totalled the car, thank god none of my passengers were injured, but since then i havent had an accident, maybe the kid needs to get a wakeup call like that.

9. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

yeah i wouldnt want a car that fast at that age.. im almost 20 now and my rs sometimes feels to powerfull for me ....lol i know sad... i just dont think im responsible enough to be driving it sometimes

10. TSTRBOY2004

^^^ I am 32 yrs old and I get sudden urges to push my car too hard off and on... when it rains my LSD loves to go sideways... I cant imagine a 17yr old with that sort of car not pushing it beyond his limits cause we all know they are less then the cars...

11. Xcelor8

Xcelor8 Well-Known Member

12. Sky58

Sky58 Well-Known Member

^Flaming an idiot isn't necessarily a bad thing if the idiot is going to put others in harms way...

13. shineynitelite

shineynitelite Well-Known Member

i dont like answering personal questions in front of the general public, makes me uncomfortable :hsugh:

14. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

+1...sometimes my RS feels like a bit much for me

15. homang88

homang88 New Member

what have you done with it? is it stock or few mods? mine is stock and its never really felt too much for meh i guess ive never really "unleashed" the power...im a real conservative driver then i guess, idk just wanna know why it feels a bit too much thats all :)

16. bikerwriter

bikerwriter Well-Known Member

Boy, there seems to be a lot of hate on this site as of late! :eek4:

I like how old geezers are ripping on sixteen year-old kids, forgetting that they were once sixteen year-old punks, too. Lighten up. Maturity comes with age, guys.

17. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

There was a kid i went to high school with. Parents won 19.7 million in the iowa lottery. He got an sti about a year ago,27 yrs. old or so, talking about how he was going to pimp it out with every mod he could get his hands on! Put it into a retaining wall trying to show off, totaled his ride:emo: Don't know what he's driving now but I am sure momma bought it. I think the real danger lies in the fact that since he didn't pay for it, it doesn't matter if he wrecks it or not because he can just get another one. Not trying to say that he's the same as the guy I know, but if there is truth in the comments he was quoted on, I would say he is exactly that kind of guy! We can only hope he's not!!

18. Se7enrex

Se7enrex Well-Known Member

ok so wow:eek3: , just for everyones sake I would like state the facts and things people have to remember, FIRST and foremost, I do not hate/dislike this kid, based off personal experience and many others, we can come to the conclusion that a 16 year old driven to conquer the world is dangerous.....

1. Its not JUST an STI but an STI with a FP GREEN TURBO....some more mods getting built right now and supposedly with a VERY agressive tune...

2. His first car was a Honda Civic(auto) that he wanted to pimp out cause his friend had a honda(victor) and victor knew a lot about cars so the kid kinda looked up to him, then after buying a mesh grille and konigs:laugh: , decided he needed a faster car cause victors del sol, his other friends maxima, and their friends SUV were faster----so he asks and recieves a STI

3. When victor goes to the parking lot to see his friends new car, The damn kid starts to try to do donuts in the parking lot to show off and almost creams another car and a lightpost

3. ONLY 1 MONTH aftre recieving STI he wants, asks, and recieves a turbo upgrade(and a pretty substantial one at that)

4. He never drove a stick, hes had less than a month with a stock sti(which he learned on) now hes upping the power and still cant drive!!!

Now yes, of course Im jealous, how couldn't anybody be, most of us at 16 would jump on that, but honestly, I grew up in tonka on the Lake and I never got the chance to just get a car, I saved up from 8th grade untill I was half way through my 16 year and bought a buick for $1500, I ****ed up that car and jumped it and loved the E-pedal, but I LOVED it, and I've learned(now being 20 and still not smart;) ) that I appreciate my parents not buying me cars. I know kids(16) with a 350z, Jeep SRT-8, New M3, IS 300 with fully built supra stuff and 4 other cars

Its not the age(im sure he cares for his car) like we do
    Its not the car(cause we love them)
    Its not the parents(we have/had them)
    Its not the personality(had them too!)

Its when you combine all of those with what sounds like (he said he wants 400 hp and hell do what he has to) which is faster than an aston,vette,m3, I mean Thats a FAST ****ING CAR. I am not just flaming this kid, ive met him, talked to him, He doesnt know anything about cars, only about what he wants to buy and the description it tells him on the website. I am scared for my life and others.....My neighbor came down the street and yelled at me cause HE ripps out of the neighborhood at 60 mph, the guy thought it was me(blue cars,old guy, same thing)....There are kids in the STREET!

19. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

As one of the "old geezers" on the site...thank you! There is alot at my age you pick up and see along lifes road. I don't really think this a "blame the kid" thread. Your'e right about remembering when we were 16, 99% of us would have been all over that car, with or without the trash talk. I see this as a thread chastising the parents and realizing the very real potential danger thats out on our roads now, and will in a short time with some upgrades, become more dangerous to him and us. Is this "lightened" enough for you?;)

20. Se7enrex

Se7enrex Well-Known Member

and with this all, while mainly caring for the safety of others, I worry about the reputation that this kind of thing will give us, people are in awe of subaru community and their presence, I just hope this kid does not leave a sour taste in peoples mouth like that of my neighbors.

21. TSTRBOY2004

lets just lock this stupid thread and start a HE CRASHED AN D KILLED A FAMILY thread when it happens....?!?!? I joke... or do I... and bikerwriter maybe when you get older / grow up whichever comes first you will realise things too....

I did some extremely stupid things in my early years.. everytime I came home I would do a couple of donuts in the end of our street... was there kids around.. surely... did I think I was invincible... surely... untill I pushed it a little hard and lost it.. no damage or injury to me or anyone else... I woke up... am I still stupid.. on occasions... do I race on the street... havent in 7+yrs... its amazing to me cause many on here give crap to those who love straight line performance then are the ones that skreet race.... oh wells.. it is America and I would love to be making love inside of your women... but I gets freedom of speech and so I say what I want... dont like it tough doo doo.. move to IRAQ or somewhere where you cant have freedom of speech...

22. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Six years ago when I was a freshman up here at UMD, I got a phone call from my sister. A friend of mine, who was a senior at shakopee, was heading somewhere with a friend. He was a junior (16-17ish) and had a new Cadillac STS. He thought he was hot sh!t. He went sideways into a tree. She (my friend) died on the spot, and he walked away.

It pains me to see young kids with these cars. They probably won't kill themselves. THere's a higher chance of someone else dying in the process. I'm glad my first car was a '66 Impala. Yeah, the 283 V8 had about 200 HP, but it was moving a 4-5klb car.

23. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Personally, I'm all for it. Give him a Ferrari with JATO units strapped to the back, or throw in a couple more NOS bottles in the trunk. I haven't had a really spectacular extrication in a couple weeks. Our Hurst tool just got worked on, so I'd like to see if we can get through that Scooby B pillar now. When I hear stories like this, all I can think of is two words....

"Job Security"

I just hope he doesn't take anyone else with him when he does ball it up.

24. 1fastwagon

1fastwagon New Member

The only hope is that this kid is responsible. Not likely, but I can hope can't I.

I too am having a hard time imagining a parent buying a 300hp car for a kid and then agreeing to a massive overhaul. I'm sorry, where is the responsibility in that, and why is it ok. If he is going to learn to race (autocross, track, whatever), why isn't he learning on his stock car before adding in a bunch of other variables. Hell, put the money into some suspension mods and a nice tire/wheel setup...that'll get him around the track a lot faster, and safer. Might learn something too. If his first thought to get into tracking a car is more power...there is, I fear, little hope.

Oh, I too am from the Minnetonka area (although I was in HS 13 years ago). I saw some silly things, but rarely an irresponsible purchase like this for a kid. I had to go it on my own and bought an 84 supra. Beat the everloving piss out of it (went through a number of rear tires and new clutches). At 17 I did get my hands on a corvette...and I have to say that if it was my car, it would be in a wall or tree by 18 for sure.

In the end, I don't really care what this kids parents buy him...but I don't want to see a backlash on subarus from it or someone getting hurt or killed on the road or track because of it. Give me a seat in the stands at his first track event:)

25. ScandiaWRX

ScandiaWRX <font color="#f8467d">Rally Demi-goddess</font>

It's a shame that his parents are willing to put a large sum of money into making a very fast car into a scary fast car for an inexperienced teen driver. What I would really like to see is a large part of that money going into behind the wheel driver training, Bondurant or something like it. Good instructors would show kids, not just a kid with a 300+ hp Subaru but all kids, what it is they "don't" know and how much they need to learn.

Driving to work last month, in the rain, I was doing 70 mph, 5 over, in a capable car with newer tires, when I see in my rear view mirror a teenage girl in a neon was coming up on me fast. Hwy 10 did a bit of a jog for an overpass and I then see head lights flash across my rear view mirror. I watch in my mirror as the neon goes sideways from left lane to right, off the road sideways into the ditch, where the car hits the marsh weeds and goes on its drivers side and stays there. Thank goodness she was still behind me when all this happened or she would've taken me out! I stopped, called 911, and went back with my umbrella. She was o.k. and very lucky.

Barring "real" drivers training and common sense, which isnt' that common, I'm not sure there is anything we can do but be there to help if/when it happens.

26. TSTRBOY2004

^^^ well stated

27. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Somebody post a pic of this kid and his car. I want to make sure that when I see him on the road, I get the hell out of the way.

<--- mtka resident

28. wall of tvs

Ummm.....bikerwriter is an attorney. Don't be so quick to judge others, lol.

29. TSTRBOY2004

that goes for him too... I am 32 but I could still grow up... maturity isnt age... and yeah you are correct I shouldnt have joked without knowing him... though most who know me know I just give crap for fun....

30. wall of tvs

I would have never known that.

And all this time I thought you owed Fong an apology. :p :laugh: :biggrin: ;)

edit: I forgot to mention that I can vouch for bikerwriter....he's a giant jackass, hehehehe.

31. TSTRBOY2004

h ah ha.. good to know he fits in around here then.... ha ha

32. shorty5198

shorty5198 New Member

dang guys. I wasnt tryin to be a show off or anything. I know its kinda rediculous that i got this car, and yea my parents did pay for alot of it but i dont think i deserved that.

33. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

From the dead? Someone grab the defibulator!

34. shorty5198

shorty5198 New Member

its cool. I just hope that i didnt come off as a jerk to anyone, someone just showed this to me and was kinda wowed by it.

35. snbrd4evr

snbrd4evr Well-Known Member

I just read this for the first time and didn't realize the date until I got to the second page. Then I jumped to the last and saw that you posted. I have no bad comments whatsoever but I just think it's funny that everyone posted like they thought you would never see the thread :laugh:

36. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Everyone posted comments from the first post which indicated that he was a jackass (no offense shorty!)from the actions and comments he made about being the best driver and almost taking out a light pole and another car! People get a little edgy about teenagers with dangerous cars and the chaos that ensues for all other drivers on the road. As long as he's safe around other motorists then it's all good. Not all teenagers are idiots. But the Ice Race event is a great event to get crazy and do 50 mph corners with the e-brake!! Btw shorty...I'm glad I lost my bet of you crashing it by Thanksgiving!:laugh: Good to see you joined the forum.:biggrin:

37. nightracerwrx

nightracerwrx New Member

Wow when I turned 16 my parents gave my the insurance bill. I am not hating though, I am just jealous >_<

38. bummpy

bummpy New Member

It's really nothing personal, and there really shouldn't be any hard feelings.

There's just some things you need to know. You will crash this car, it's not a matter of if, but when. Because frankly, it's too flipping fun to drive around in a fast car and not do something stupid. I certainly did in my first car. Fortunately for me it was a 100+ hp crx and didn't involve anyone but me and one poorly placed light post :ugh:

You, on the other hand, are in a 300+ hp car. Keep that in mind.

39. sidebrake

sidebrake New Member

Hey now... don't be jinxing him! I'm 23 and I've not once been in an accident. (knock on wood!)

My first car was a 240SX. By the time I was 18 it was turbo charged with 220 WHP and I never once so much as scuffed a curb. Yes, I definitely had a few close calls, but I always stayed calm and did what I could to avoid damage to myself and others. I bought the car in the middle of the winter, so I think I had to learn my limits really fast... it taught me a lot about myself and car control. Oh, and in case you're wondering... Yes, I worked my ass off and paid for the car and my $8,000 worth of mods myself. (Also did all my own wrench work with help from my dad, who is also a big car nut.) On the other hand, I had a friend who's parents bought him a Talon TSI and dropped about $15,000 in mods for him. Did it make him a bad person? No. Was he less safe on the roads than me? No. He just didn't appreciate what he had as much as I did. It's all in the attitude. Shorty (Andy, right?) didn't come off as cocky to me when I met him... but maybe he gave a different impression to some others. It's frustrating to see someone be handed something that you have worked really hard to get yourself, trust me, I've been there... but you shouldn't hold it against a person.

Andy, my advice to you: Be humble and appreciate what you have. There are people on this board almost twice your age that would love to drive an STi. You seemed like a really nice kid when I met you at the Minnetonka meet... try to keep making good impressions like that and hopefully people won't peg you as a cocky punk. :) Learn everything you can about your car and how to drive it. Read up on autocross, road racing, rally... what ever you are into. Gain as much knowledge as you can on car control and put it into practice in a safe environment (ie the track). Check out MNautox.com and try to make it to some events. Lastly, flat out refuse to street race. I know it's temping to get on the gas when an Integra with a fart can zips by you (we all know!), but be the bigger man. Don't be dumb on the streets, and you will gain a lot of respect.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant. Just my two cents!

Oh, and for the record... If I were a parent, I wouldn't buy my kid an STi. :biggrin:

-Tom

40. TSTRBOY2004

good post...... ^^^^

thankfully like Josh said we are all glad you didnt prove him right... stay safe, be smart... and be humble... hope to see you out sometime....

41. Sogonerg

Sogonerg Anteater

Andrew is a good guy...haven't met him yet, but he helped me out on my tires...respond quick. Lets not be quick to judge the situation even though it can look that way...You have a nice ride Andrew for your age, just don't act stoopid or reckless, be humble as sidebrake said and you'll be fine...Let me know if you need any parts and ask all the questions u have in this forum...Everyone here is very helpful...

42. TSTRBOY2004

or arseholes... ha hah a but it is a fun site

43. T-REX5000

T-REX5000 Well-Known Member

Having Rich Parents Is Good, I Am Prabably Going To Spoil My Kids Like That When I Have Them, But It Really Teaches Them Nothing About The Value Of A Dollar And Hard Work. I Bought Every Vehicle I Own Myself With Hard Work (flipping Burgers) And I Am A Better Person Because Of It.

In My Opinion Kids Should Learn How To Work For What They Have. Ep+chan+chaska = A Lot Of Spoiled Brats. dont get me wrong there are a lot of good kids with rich parents, but there are a lot that brag about stuff they didnt work for or deserve. They dont appreciate how good they have it.

i mean common there are hundreds of thousands of kids that dont have food let alone STIs with 400+ WHP

44. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Woah. Thread necrophilia. haha

45. T-REX5000

T-REX5000 Well-Known Member

Dang this thread was about you? Yea everyone should know your a good guy and they shouldn't hate.

I thought you and will were friends so why did he start this thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.