Thin Ice rallycross Smack talk!!!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Kevin, Feb 23, 2009.

1. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

We should talk. It's an auto trans. for now but I know you fit in the seat. It used to be yours. (the rib crusher) Dave will be codriving for the first event I think the codriver position is free for the season after that.(sheen?) I also have a choice of winterforces or Km6's for tires.

2. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

Dan, I would gladly step aside if Mark is willing to co-drive your car. I can find something else for the 1st event. :)

3. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

I don't think that will be needed Dave. I already offered you the spot at the first rallyx. I wouldn't go back on that, especially this close to the event.

4. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

get a room you two.... kick his ass to the curb and learn from someone who can drive ;)

5. Scuba Steve

We've already been there done that...Dan + eggs + sheen + beer = Dave crying himself to sleep. stinky bastards:laugh:

6. Matchbx

Matchbx Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.......Mark (mayhem), I do have a RWD that I might want to take you up on your offer. Stock seats will be in it this year with harnesses. I need all the help I can get in this thing. Haven't quite mastered the RWD-corner-gofast thing yet.

7. mayhem83

mayhem83 Well-Known Member

It is not my wish to boot anyone out of something that has been prearranged. I am not even sure I want to give up the RS this year. Thanks to those that have made offers. I will try to make up my mind next week.

Back to the trash talk. Hey Kevin, no snappy comeback yet? Did that last comment from me hit bone or what?

I'm the boss, apple sauce.

8. mayhem83

Going fast in RWD at a RX is all about know when NOT to use the throttle. I'm not sure I can fit comfortably into your little roller skate. I would like to test fit at the event at the very least.

9. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

you seem to forget, i came how close to beating you in your own car? and then i annihilated you in a 2WD car at the last event.

make all the excuses you want for me beating you, cuz i know you will. but i still beat you!

oh and there is this thing called experience, i have probably 80% less than you do, thats cuz you are so OLD! you are as OLD as my mom!

10. Matchbx

Matchbx Well-Known Member

I'm working on getting the new heart transplanted into it so hopefully it will be ready for the first event. I have no problem with you doing a test fitting. If I don't have it ready for the first event, hopefully it will be before the next board meeting and you could try it out then. I think you'll fit just fine into it.

It is kind of a "donut-machine" if you use the throttle too much. I'm just used to flicking a car and nailing the gas to get around the corners. Now I have to figure out how to "finesse" it through the corners.

BTW Kevin, he's not OLD, He's SEASONED!!!!

11. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

So, how'd you do when you drove the same 2WD car he drove at the last event? Or have you repressed that memory?

12. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

yeah i dont remember that..... :)

13. carl

carl Well-Known Member

selective memory ftw!

14. ScandiaWRX

ScandiaWRX <font color="#f8467d">Rally Demi-goddess</font>

How about Brent share the Legacy with me and let the fun begin? He's a little hard on e-brakes though ;) I'm very comfortable with the not so rich, not so fast car owner role (see results at the National RallyCross Championship for reference) Well, I'm faster than the drivers ed peons (Carl, Dan, Dave) but not the fast crowd (Mark, Brent). Kevin tried the Leggy last year but couldn't beat me in it, so no threat there.

Amy

15. carl

carl Well-Known Member

hmm looking at the results from last year I see I beat you at two different events :hsugh:

not bad for a rookie

16. Scuba Steve

looks like this thread is full of people that are living in the past. :eek4:

17. rallywife

rallywife New Member

Sounds good to me. Then Mary and I can kick some arse in the Shedancer. I am excited to have the new door on the drivers side...that way we can actually get in to the car without climbing through the monkey bars :)

18. ScandiaWRX

And that was before I kept Dan and Dave up past midnight replacing 15 yr old marshallow suspension with the DMSs. Baby handles like a go kart now, a big one, but lightening fast compared to before. See results from last event with newer suspension :)

Is that something you learned in Vegas? :) I'll bribe Brent not to change the door and bring my dollars for the show!

Amy

19. carl

carl Well-Known Member

naw that was before I felt bad and decided not to drive so fast so dave would have a chance. didn't seem to help him though

20. carl

carl Well-Known Member

also, how embarrassing will it be when I stomp you all with north america's lowest hp STI? haha

ok, actually I'm not convinced I'll be all that fast this year until I learn how to actually drive lol

21. rallywife

rallywife New Member

It is quite amusing. Unfortunately, for the ice race this weekend, we have to change to door to be legal. If Kevin wouldn't block people and get the door bashed in, then I would never have had to climb through from the trunk in the first place.

Carrie

22. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

At least they have that! You, my friend, have no bragging rights past, present, or future... unless you count destroying courses and making a slow car look even slower.
    :biggrin: :ducks:

23. Boss STi

Boss STi Moderator

*poke poke* so when sheen owns you all driving my car, does that mean i get vicarious bragging rights? :hsugh: oh well at least i'll beat josh :laugh:

24. mayhem83

Oh SNAP!

25. carl

carl Well-Known Member

sheen won't be owning anyone in your car because I hear you won't let him drive it harder than 50% ;)

also, LOL at joshette

26. mayhem83

Actually, when Sheen fails to beat us all, come talk to me.

Running and hiding.

27. idget

Oh noes, what are you getting me into! :mad: :laugh:

So long as I don't break anything expensive on your car, I'll be happy. I'm a total n00b to this dirt/gravel thing, so don't expect much outta me... you will beat Josh, that's for sure. I think even Dave beat him, so it doesn't take much!

28. carl

carl Well-Known Member

the real question...Josh or Emily? :laugh:

29. Scuba Steve

I'd knock you on your butt if I didn't think you'd break a hip upon impact.
    :eek3:

:laugh:
    to set the record straight. I know I held my own last year considering I was a newbie. I do expect to improve this year, but i will not make claim to be the best or be able to compete with the more "seasoned" drivers. Unless of course they mess up....

30. idget

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Emily will be fast(er) this year. Mark my words. Josh on the other hand... I hear the guy working on his car may sabotage him if Josh figures out how to get the slow out.

For once, I gotta agree with you, Dave. :biggrin:

31. Scuba Steve

all that aside sheen you better pray you're faster than me...otherwise payback will be painful and slow....:naughty::biggrin:

32. idget

Judging by your driving, that's exactly what I expect from you.

33. Scuba Steve

:laugh: I was wondering if you'd pick that up. considering the car I'll be in you are correct

34. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

Wow Dave, bagging on the Leggy before you have a chance to drive it. We'll see how slow you really are since we'll be driving the same car. No excuses this time around, it will be the driver that counts. Even though your car last year should have been faster anyway, but that's the past, let's see how it plays out this year.

35. Scuba Steve

I ain't baggin on it...just sayin.;)

we need to go practice with it this weekend. I needz seat time Dan. I buy you food...then we go drive??

36. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

You just lost your practice time buddy.

37. Scuba Steve

that's fine...1/2 way through the event I might get a case of "F'it, it ain't my car!";)

38. idget

Whoa whoa whoa... careful there Dan. If Dave breaks it, he fixes it... and if he fixes it, you're looking at a 6hour install for a 30min job and a couple parts installed backwards!

39. carl

carl Well-Known Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

40. Scuba Steve

I'll never live that one down will I? I should've just declined from helping that night knowing I was too tired to do anything useful :hsugh:

41. ScandiaWRX

What, Dave forgot how to drive an automatic? weak...

Watch your high speed turn in Dave. The Legacy Sport Sedan has a quicker rack ratio than all but the STi. I got a big turn in surprise on my first on ramp with the Legacy. Don't think the soft suspension helped that problem much

Amy

42. sniper1rfa

sniper1rfa New Member

Yeah, it's only 5.8 billion turns lock to lock, not 6.0 like the WRX. :eek:

EDIT: Also, if you get to nullify previous scores due to soft suspension, so can I. You guys are gunna get left in the dust (and hopefully i can not cave my gas tank in any more).

43. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

...and the 14 billion on the 04. :laugh:

44. sniper1rfa

sniper1rfa New Member

God, carl's car...

It's like those doors you see in films about submarines. Crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank...

...crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank crank

creek.

45. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

Dave can't drive anything with wheels. What would make you think the trans. would matter?:laugh: