Time for another road trip!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by tangledupinblu, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

It says no drifting. Sad.

pillboy and tangledupinblu like this.
  2. ikpthegame

ikpthegame Well-Known Member

So curious what's the story now, figure anything out?

3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Weeeeeellllll. I took it to victory auto and they gave it the once over. Allegedly, my guess at the “new battery clearing a lot of stuff up” was “potentially accurate” because we cannot get the lights to come on again. So I am just driving it for now and waiting.

There is still a shimmy/shake between 40 and 50mph. They(victory) said that everything looked sound and in tact. They said the u-joints had minimal play. And everything else looked good.*shrugs*

We shall see!

ikpthegame likes this.
  4. tangledupinblu

Update day! Lol

So, little to update. Car still does the same thing. But it still drives completely fine 98% of the time with the occasional shudder. The dash lights will be off for a week, then pop on and be on for a few days or a week. Then magically will be gone again for a few days.

So far I am still grateful that we were able to add this one to the stable for the winter trips back and forth for the kids. Still hoping that @Chux will go for a ride with me sometime to share his opinions with me.:)

5. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Call this guy: https://cardoctorshow.com/

He is a freaking diagnostic savant. I've been listening to his podcast for months now just hoping some of his logic rubs off on me. A lot of his discussions about caller's cars and their problems contain sound diagnostic trouble shooting versus throwing parts at a problem. If you're looking for yet another podcast to suck up time, I highly recommend this one. New shows drop on Saturdays as two ~45 minute segments - recorded from his local radio show (I forget the eastern station, but his shop is in New Jersey).

Another automotive podcast I find entertaining: https://www.everydaydriver.com/

Last edited: Feb 26, 2024
    pinjasaur and Nhibbs like this.
  6. tangledupinblu

I like everyday driver. I have also listened to the car dr show and he is really good!

pillboy likes this.
  7. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Well, I'm semi-local now. So it's certainly possible

8. tangledupinblu

Meh, you are local! I can drive it to you.:)