Time to Say Hi/coil over question

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by STIGilly, Apr 19, 2017.

1. STIGilly

STIGilly Member

Hi my name is Chris I drive an 05 sti and love scoobies. Anyone in the Fargo area doing any events or get togethers?? I put 18 inch gramm lights on and they are rubbing in the back a bit and no one wants to do fender rolling for me. I have wanted to put coil overs on for a while and now is the time as I should replace struts. A local shop suggests teins and I want a street/light track set up that allows me to run my 18 inch wheels. Any suggestions or reviews on the tein street advance coil overs??
    Thanks in advance!!

2. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

Feal 441 or Fortune Auto 500

3. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

I had feal revalved struts with RCE yellow springs on my 02 wrx that had a 05 sti drive line in it. Worked well. The yellows are very very stiff though.

4. derp

derp Well-Known Member

I love the Fortune Autos on my Supra.

5. STIGilly

STIGilly Member

Fortune auto seems to be well liked I may go that route, but I would like to know if anyone has any thoughts the teins??

6. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Japanese companies usually have stuff designed for Japanese roads and circuits, which are typically far nicer than those in the US, MN in particular.

Stuff like BC, Fortune Auto, etc are more suited for US roads. Sheen liked his BCs, I like my Fortunes, other people do recommend something like the Street Flex. If you really want the BEST coilovers, be ready to pony up a few grand...per corner.

I personally wouldn't buy the base entry Teins, unless you only care about getting on the ground. If you want some semblance of a quality ride, spend a little more.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    joebush44 likes this.