Tims Shop!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Ej22TIM, Oct 21, 2008.

1. carl

carl Well-Known Member

price on clutch install 04sti

2. Ej22TIM

Ej22TIM Well-Known Member

^ pm'd

3. Reidy

Reidy New Member

So when I said, "You should turn this place into a shop." - Did you really think about it or did you shrug it off and now you realize the opportunity for success?

I take it you were picking up the oil and coolant for qstarin? Let me know if you need anything that would make your shop a little better. Whether it be tools, beer, or a little cleaning( i know that place is pretty ****ing dirty ). Maybe a little BUSINESS CARDS!?! lol.

4. subytek

subytek Well-Known Member

Tim, don't take this the wrong way, but I hope you know what your getting your self into.

5. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

haters, The way i fix my own car is different then the way i fix others cars, I know this is the same case for my brother, let this be known

6. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

well when you work out of a garage with NO insurance, NO overhead and NO payroll.... then anyone can beat a known Business...

nothing against Tim... just saying.. I used to do side stuff for the club out of hours out of my OWN business.. 1 for cash for me, 2 cause through the shop I would have had to charge to cover, heating, electricity, laundry, cleaning supplies, shop supplies, TAX, payroll, Franchise Fees, Accounting fees, LLC business stuff, and the list goes on...

FYI Tim, if you are gonna try to come off as a legit business then you may wanna watch what you say and do.. ie.. any IRS peeps around you could be in a world of hurt etc ;)

7. scoobypwnz201

scoobypwnz201 Well-Known Member

dont worry about tim dude..he knows someone that owns a business and shes helpin him out with the stuff it's all good

8. qstarin

qstarin Well-Known Member

True, he'll have to be careful. I will say this, though. There are VERY few people I feel comfortable having work on my car in any aspect without me present, and even with a critical job like HG I feel comfortable leaving it in his hands despite having just met him. Regardless of any plans he has for the future of this enterprise, right now it saves me a lot of money and helps him make a good chunk for some decent work. I am confident he will attend to every detail.

Oh, and with other people's vehicles out there it may be prudent to invest in some closed circuit video or other additional security. I'm sure my car will be locked inside, but that won't be possible if there end up being several vehicles out there.

9. Ej22TIM

as far as making this a legit business, it will take time to see what kind of business I actually bring in, if things go well and I get steady work, I have a person lined up to make things legal.

and erik, im glad you understand after looking at my car that things are MUCH different when working on a 'customer' car.

it feels so good to fire up a car after some hard work and have everything be perfect and have no extra bolts.

keep the pms coming guys, I am ready for the next repair.

Tim

10. Ej22TIM

pms replied to!

thanks guys!

11. qstarin

Just picked my car up from Tim (well, a few hours ago).

He replaced my headgaskets, timing belt, oil, coolant, thermostat.

Everything looks good. He even stuck a coat of paint on my belt cover since it was a bit rusty and will be fabricating me a couple small brackets - one for the exhaust and one for the intake.

He took photos of the inside of the engine, cleaned off my heads, even got himself soaked in coolant changing my thermostat tonight since it got missed in my parts pickup yesterday.

There was a loose back plate on one of the alternator bolts (looked like it was misaligned) and we got ourselves distracted in conversation and started the engine up for a few seconds without oil in it :eek3: Tim realized pretty quickly and said to shut it off.

This afternoon he called to make sure it was okay for him to give it a drive. He heat cycled the engine a couple times rechecking for leaks. Must've been muddy out there, eh! :roll:

He also adjusted my clutch and zip-stripped my under-dash computers that kept falling out right in front of the clutch pedal. :eek3:

Oh, and he gave me a nice knob to use after my Checker clearance rack $2 flashing blue LED vTec y0!! shift knob more or less fell apart.

If I find myself in a situation again where I have car work that I simply need someone else to do for me Tim will be the first person I call. Good service, great guy, trustworthy, easy to work with, and a super deal.

I had scheduled an alignment with Jeff the Alignment Guy for Saturday. Yesterday I had to e-mail him and let him know I might not be able to make it because of the head gasket. This morning I e-mailed him and said it was done and I'd still be there. He replied, "Fasted head gasket in the (Mid) West?".

Thanks tim!

12. Impreza 2.2 T AWD

Impreza 2.2 T AWD New Member

come on,

what do mean by that. The man is a G knee S

13. Impreza 2.2 T AWD

I got my Timming Belt checked today, he said it looked great. And now I know how to do a TB check myself. Great shop cus, you can watch everything happen, joke around, and ask questions. Other shops tend to leave me with a seat, old coffee, and lame magazines/ childrens books. The shop is a REAL treat for anyone who actually wants to hang out while work is in progress.

14. Ej22TIM

thanks for the input guys, were ready for the next project!

pm me!

15. wrexinator03

wrexinator03 Banana Cream

timm helped me out a bunch today great guy and knows his stuff....bump for a good guy!

16. Ej22TIM

thanks man! feel free to swing in sometime if you wanna pull your intercooler off and see where that leak is coming from!

17. Reidy

Reidy New Member

Anything going on tonight Tim?

18. Ej22TIM

bump, ready for business tomorrow everyone!

pm or call

thanks!

Tim

19. qstarin

Just let me know when that MAPP gas is ready.

That leak hasn't shown back up beyond a couple of drops, so we can just take a look at it when I come back for those brackets.

Thanks again, man! Car's been driving wonderfully! (Got the interior all put back together and cleaned up, too)

20. Ej22TIM

good to hear! feel free to stop in any time, ive got gas! lol

21. mosc

mosc New Member

Tim, I sent you a PM about install yesterday...

22. mosc

mosc New Member

Tim, you're really letting me down here with your lack of response. I thought you would be able to put the part on tomorrow...

23. AWDimprezaL

i think he has his phone number posted somewhere. give him a call? I know tomorrow hes gonna be on the SEMN cruse, maybe thats why he hasnt gotten back to you.

24. Impreza 2.2 T AWD

yep, he was talkin about that. I need to fix my car too. Boost doesnt work or some thing pushing like 20 psi when i floor it. Kinda really scary

25. mosc

mosc New Member

It sucks because I already bought the part expecting him to install so now I'm kind of stuck.

26. 9blackmax6

9blackmax6 Well-Known Member

he DOES have a phone you know....

27. qstarin

^^ Yeah, but he doesn't answer it all the time, I've noticed. Also, his days seem to start around 2pm.

What has worked for me is to text between 2-3 and then call around 6 if I haven't heard back on the text.

28. Impreza 2.2 T AWD

This

yea I have to admit this is true. Called him twice. 2 and 3 o'clock and texted him yesterda. I jus hope he isn't in trouble.:ugh:

29. Ej22TIM

hahahaha! my phone seems to elude me at times. not only that, when I am at the shop I get all time worst service ever. this is the same when im at home.

pff verizon can suck my WHA?????

30. Snowbum

Snowbum Well-Known Member

Tim has been a busy boy.

31. Impreza 2.2 T AWD

YAY your not in trouble.

32. mosc

mosc New Member

Well, he still didn't actually reply to me.

Sorry to post something negative here Tim but when you're this hard to get a hold of when I'm trying to pay you money, I hate to imagine what it would be like if I needed you to fix something you broke. I'll take my business elsewhere.

33. AWDimprezaL

I dont remember you saying you called him?

34. Snowbum

Snowbum Well-Known Member

:???: Wats this.....? It was my understanding that you were to pick up parts and arrange a date?? I dont like seeing a customer backing out because of this.

35. AWDimprezaL

n00bs, I tell ya.

36. Ej22TIM

I am sorry to hear you are less than satisfied without even coming out for work done, I dont live on the internet, sorry for not getting back to you.

now, in case you didnt see my number in the first post its:

952-857-9475

thanks!

Tim

37. mosc

mosc New Member

I called you. You didn't pick up. Your message said "don't bother leaving a message, I don't return phone calls"

38. Ej22TIM

when did you call me and get that voicemail? I changed that the day after I put this thread up.......

39. Gridlocked

Gridlocked Well-Known Member

I just want to step in here and ask people to do your best to communicate effectively. I can understand frustration on both sides, so it might be best to get ahold of eachother on the phone now or take it to PM's to figure it out. Apparently Tim has changed his voice mail.

40. mosc

mosc New Member

Tim's obviously a very well liked guy around here. I'm not going to attack the guy, just wanted to post my experience. I think I have the right to defend myself though.

I called him more recently and he did not pick up. I did not bother to listen to see if his voicemail had changed, I thought he had made it clear that a PM was a more effective means of getting a hold of him. After a week of waiting for a PM response, I gave up. Nuf said. I'll let this drop when y'all do.

41. manochromatic

manochromatic Member

wether hes liked or not we at mnsubaru will not tollerate any flaming or bashing, not that you are but we do appreciate that people keep complaints or badmouthing to pm's and if they decide not to answer them like some people i even talk to then its their loss and they obviously lose a very good ammount of buisness. you can consider the issue dropped and everyone can complain through pm's or deal with the consequences.

42. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

i would like to just point out how ironic mosc's post is... he sold that screen set up to Jackstand and when it was FUBAR he didn't ever answer or return calls.

43. manochromatic

manochromatic Member

its borderline:cool:

44. Impreza 2.2 T AWD

Bump for Great Work. Tim PINK UP your yellular smella tone.

45. mosc

mosc New Member

Had to do some digging because I had NO IDEA he had run into any problems. I think what happened was the day we met up I was carrying a work cell so I gave him that number (It's a Pennsylvania area code, I obviously don't live there currently). I often leave the phone at work and when somebody is covering for me on call, they carry it. I just checked and there is a saved voicemail from him from a WHILE back. Apparently he called on a weekend and the mail got listened to but I was not told.

I do kinda feel like a hypocrite but it is a work phone... He should have PMed me here or replied to the old thread. Anyway, sucks he had trouble with it, worked fine for me. I wouldn't have been any help, I didn't install it and I told him all I knew. He get it fixed?