TINT What is yours?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by jackbauer, Aug 12, 2007.

?

What is your tint?

1. 0%

14 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. 50% Entire Car

15 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. 50% Front 35% Rear

10 vote(s)
    11.9%
  4. DARK

45 vote(s)
    53.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

35 ftw!

2. Daveo

Daveo Well-Known Member

I've wanted to get 35% for a long time but I'm worried about getting hassled...

3. wrexinator03

wrexinator03 Banana Cream

i got 35 with no issues it is pointless to get 50 it looks like your normal windows pretty much

4. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

Not true.
    There's a difference if you put a car with no tint next to one with 50% tint.

5. wrexinator03

yeah but its not worth the money IMO

6. Taras

Taras BANNED

got 35% and have not been pulled over yet. Got a ticket with my old wrx for tint however got pulled over for bluish lights in license plates.

7. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Yes. Many states have different percentages for the front windows and the back. Wisconsin, for example, is 50% on the front, and 35% for the back and rear windshield. Some states allow a front windshield brow strip, some don't. This is for cars. Trucks and SUVs have different rules allowing for much darker tint since most SUVs come factory tinted pretty dark.

Film vs Net % reading varies by state as well. Some have a net light transmission minimum, some measure it by the film (giving you more leeway and likely getting away with darker film).

8. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

Do you guys ever have a group buy on tinting windows? TSTRBOY2004's 50% looks way different than Bullwinkle, but I guess it has a lot to do with the lighting. Anyway, I think they only way I'm going to get 50% is if there's an awesome deal...which would most likely come from a gb.

9. SubieDave

SubieDave Well-Known Member

32% on all

10. wrexinator03

go to zeibarts in fridley he hooks up mnsubaru people...my car cost me 150.. just my .02

11. WeAre138

WeAre138 Well-Known Member

22% on mine and I haven't been pulled over :)

It helps that I have a black car...so the tint doesn't look so dark.

12. Rusty

Rusty Member

i've been thinking about that, (my cars black as well) its my biggest reason for doing more then 50%, if zeibart can do it i'll just do 40%, so at least i have something to argue if ever pulled over. but wount be pulled over in the city because of it.

13. sjwelna

sjwelna Well-Known Member

35% on the front two windows on the Forester, and 15% on the rear doors and other 3 rear glass. I still have my NC tags on the car though so the 5-0 can't do anything about it for now....

-Steve

14. devildevil

devildevil Well-Known Member

dont forget stock windows have tint on them already, even if it doesnt seem like it... highway patrol in d town has been crackin down like crazy on tint. my friends "20 percent" came up as 11 on the meter.

15. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

That would explain the single digit I recieved the last time I got a ticket for it with the meter.

16. RichWRX

RichWRX Well-Known Member

I have 5% all around and the Orr cops dont care.

17. Scooby

Scooby Member

I have 35% all around. I've been pulled over once, but the cop didn't say anything about my tint. I've been told to roll your windows all the way down when police come up to talk to you (kind of a no-brainer).

I think he was just surprised that a girl was driving the car. He asked who's car it was when he got to my window. He let me off with a warning after he ran my license.

18. sgrtits

sgrtits Well-Known Member

^yeah the cops up here don't care, and btw that was so funny when we got pulled over that night, how the cop was like " is this your car" :laugh:
    fun times

oh, and i has 35% in the front and 20% in the back

19. Rusty

Rusty Member

seems like you guys would recommend 35% for my black 2.5RS, i think i'll have to do that then, even though when i sell the car in like 3 years i'll have to remove it or just let the next guy know, is this worth only doing the 50% and staying legal?

20. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

On a black car...50% will look darker. I would go with 50%...why give the cops a reason to pull you over?

21. Rusty

Rusty Member

thats my delima, plus i live in the middle of the city where cops per capita is high, as cool as 35% would look i have the feeling i'd get hassled often. and when i resell the car i dont want to have to worry about having something illegal on it. thanks for your opinion, more are welcome

22. Michael48

Michael48 Member

50% for me, the less reasons for a ticket the better in my book :biggrin:

23. sjwelna

sjwelna Well-Known Member

So apparently in MN you have to have some kind of sticker put in the tint when they do it telling what % it is at? My tint was done in NC and they don't do that there, are they seriously (if I get pulled) going to tell me that I have to have it all pulled and redone with the stickers just to abide by MN law? If so that is totally lame.

-Steve

24. Rusty

Rusty Member

i've heard about that whole sticker thing as well, it sounds really lame, expeshialy for someone in your position, but i bet if you can prove where you got the car you can get off the hook. what tint do you have? if your at or above 50% you dont need worrys, also how does your tint look on you black forester, from you pic it looks ballen

25. Rusty

Rusty Member

i got the 50% done and love it!! ziebart ftw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.