Tire shop recommendation

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by REGNARTS, Mar 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. REGNARTS

REGNARTS Active Member

Any tire shops in the east metro that you guys have used and recommend? I need to mount and balance new summer tires. My alloy wheels were damaged last time around and I don’t appreciate that. :(. TIA.

2. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I would inclined to try a Discount Tire. When the Eden Prairie location damaged one of my wheels they manned up and got me a new one...$450. They are a major retailer of aftermarket wheels so its in their best interest to have the equipment and the experienced techs to do the work right. I have also never been afraid to mention upfront that I am fussy and I hope they can give my job to their best guy...and I'll wait extra if need be for that.

3. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

I've had consistently good service from the Discount Tire in Stillwater. Last fall, they paid to have a stud replaced that broke. They've also haggled on pricing every time I've bought tires there.

REGNARTS likes this.
  4. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

Discount Tire in Rogers has been my go to for years. They scuffed one of my wheels and had it repaired.

REGNARTS likes this.
  5. euro

euro Well-Known Member

Samaritan tire in Minnetonka is great, that's the go to location for a lot of the euro guys with ungodly expensive wheels.

REGNARTS likes this.
  6. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

If you have a manual I have had trouble with Discount Tire not knowing how to get my car into reverse with the reverse lockout, that being said they ended up paying for the damage through insurance.

I take all my work to Samaritan as well, I use the Edina location but have had no issues with them.

REGNARTS and euro like this.
  7. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

I do Discount Tire in Brooklyn Park. Never had any issues there.

8. MN_XV_712

MN_XV_712 Well-Known Member

Norm's Tire in Roseville is where I normally go, haven't had any issues there.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  9. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Samaritan is where I go also. I did not know they opened a shop in Edina. I know where they are located (by Mc Donalds), but I can't remember the automotive shop that was in that building before.

10. Legacy25GT

Legacy25GT Active Member

I also recommend Norm’s. The owner Joy is extremely nice and took good care of me when I had an issue with tires I bought there (not their fault).

MN_XV_712 likes this.