Top Gear America

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Ctracey218, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Lowrider

Lowrider Well-Known Member

Tonight...:banana::banana::banana:

2. redprzdent311

redprzdent311 Well-Known Member

mehh......i would be awestruck if US Top Gear, or any car enthusiast show topped BBC series 15 ep 1.. especially this..

in my eyes the standards set will never meet.

3. p0mg

p0mg Member

I don't think it's impossible for another show to top the original, but the 1st episode of this years US version really isn't doing it. They ended last season on a high note, but seem to have gone back to square one.

Although the original also sometimes suffers from "skits" that really aren't all that funny and go on for way too long.

4. Lowrider

Only if they come up with ideas that TGUK has not explored. but it seems like they are repeating what TGUK has done in the past. Basically like the OP said, standards set will hardly be met. Jeremy really knows how to give you indepth analysis of cars...

That video was hilarious....(thanks for sharing)

[YOUTUBE]QQh56geU0X8[/YOUTUBE]

5. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

I've given up on tgusa and moved on to The Car Show. Still not great, but better than watching reality shows.

6. Lowrider

Car show is on tonight, right?...I haven't caught any episode yet.

7. p0mg

p0mg Member

it would help if "speed" was grouped w/other channels on directTV rather than 3290489023804923890 channels past adult PPV and spanish music channels

8. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

yeah at 9.

The first episode was meh but the second was much better. I grew up listening to Dr. Drew/Adam (and Riki Rachtman) so I'm used to Adam's annoying voice. Still have a knee-jerk reaction to Salley for being a Piston, but he's mostly likable... his role on this show is similar to what he did on Best Damn.

9. Lowrider

lol...does your tv have a favorites function were you can store your fave channels...rather than having to go past spanish music?...at least you can treat yourself to some salsa dance or do the cha-cha...lol

10. redprzdent311

redprzdent311 Well-Known Member

you should see the full segment ;)

11. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Haven't seen Carolla's show yet. Hoping for a some remnants of The Man Show...beer, boobs and cars...doesn't get much better than that. I can't believe Top Gear (and me) wasted a whole hour on that lame pick-up replacement bit. I'd rather watch Wheeler Dealers.

12. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

^Felt the same. The dialog is soo forced most of the time. And they really need to get rid of Ferrara. He's extremely annoying. Plus the "oops, I bumped your car" bit is way overdone. I'll still watch next week, because they'll be back in some hot cars, and seeing them destroy their "first" cars could be fun.

As for Carolla's show, we just cancelled the package that has Speed about two months ago. He does have a free podcast that talks about cars, along with one about random stuff. I grew up listening to Loveline on the radio as well (not the craptastic MTV show), and he's definitely entertaining.

13. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

I like TGUS, I think Rutledge Wood is very funny. I've enjoyed the majority of the shows. I agree that Adam is a goon, but I enjoy the show. I don't think you can compare it to the UK show, if anything I think they should have made the show different. The reason everything seems so forced is because they are trying to copy the UK show. I'll keep watching.

14. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Are you with Comcast? Speed used to be in a package with some other sports channels and I didn't want to pay the $7.95 per month extra just to get Speed. Ever since their conversion to all digital, I now get Speed HD with no additional package purchase.

15. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

unfortunately i don't get that channel :(

16. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

I ****ing hate Rutledge.

I have Comcast, but I can't figure out if I have Speed. :(

17. Lowrider

Channel guide or channel 28