transmission gears

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by imported_n/a, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imported_n/a

imported_n/a Guest

anybody out there knows where i can get good deals on performance transmission gears for subaru.

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Thanks for introducing yourself Yout Yang, Welcome :D

3. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

4. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Yo wassup UT, finally decide to join huh? Good luck w the tranny

5. kickin_81

What?!?! UT? Aren't you the one I talked to before I went home at Rock Falls earlier this year? You need to show up and talk about sh*t with us sometime. :D

6. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

What?!?! UT? Aren't you the one I talked to before I went home at Rock Falls earlier this year? You need to show up and talk about sh*t with us sometime. :D
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Aahhhheeeemmmm....Fong; he already did, you miss it last weekend at uni. He rolled up with his crv :p

7. kickin_81

Don't UT own a GC Impreza? :eek:)

8. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

who's ut? have i met him before?

9. imported_n/a

imported_n/a Guest

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Yang

Yo wassup UT, finally decide to join huh? Good luck w the tranny
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">yeah its alot of money for the gears. gotta save up huh.. haha

10. imported_n/a

imported_n/a Guest

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">yeah im the one you talked to at rockfalls. i came there once, but you wasnt there. i was talking to some guys there on friday about stuff. such as tranny gears. maybe i'll see you around. if you want to call me as your friend bee from invergrove heights for the number.

11. kickin_81

If you treat your tranny well, it won't break on you. Sometimes when the tranny breaks, other things in the tranny may need to be replaced as well. So don't wait until the tranny blows up to do the gear swap. Upgrading to sti gears before anything goes wrong is good investment. :)

12. imported_n/a

imported_n/a Guest

too late fong, its been blown since the last rockfall race. thats why you dont see me around midway. i need to fix it before the summer is over. me and my bro can fix it ourself, but getting the gears just the promblem..:D after i put my turbo in thats when **** happens.:cool:
    hey fong, if i go the cheaper way. will all the wrx gears fit my tranny? what about all the six gears sti? will i have to change my ecu also?

13. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by utwestyang

after i put my turbo in thats when **** happens.:cool:
    hey fong, if i go the cheaper way. will all the wrx gears fit my tranny? what about all the six gears sti? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

14. kickin_81

Ask me last when it comes to transmission failure/repair. But since you asked for it... those gears will fit both the RS and WRX transmission perfectly. Both the RS and WRX (I don't know if the newest Impreza trannies are the same as the old-skool Imprezas) use the same transmission case, but the WRX uses wider gearing. The ECU does not deal with the transmission, so there is no modification needed in a tranny swap/repair/internal upgrade.

If you do consider a WRX tranny (5-speed) or an Sti tranny (6 speed), you must change the front and rear differentials to their corresponding tranny. The pre-MY02 Imprezas have a rear LSD only. The current Imprezas don't have any. The WRX has a front and rear LSD. The Sti has the front, rear, and DCCD. Am I correct? :eek:)

15. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

Ask me last when it comes to transmission failure/repair. But since you asked for it... those gears will fit both the RS and WRX transmission perfectly. Both the RS and WRX (I don't know if the newest Impreza trannies are the same as the old-skool Imprezas) use the same transmission case, but the WRX uses wider gearing. The ECU does not deal with the transmission, so there is no modification needed in a tranny swap/repair/internal upgrade.

If you do consider a WRX tranny (5-speed) or an Sti tranny (6 speed), you must change the front and rear differentials to their corresponding tranny. The pre-MY02 Imprezas have a rear LSD only. The current Imprezas don't have any. The WRX has a front and rear LSD. The Sti has the front, rear, and DCCD. Am I correct? :eek:)

aren't the WRX open diff with no LSD?

16. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LVT
    aren't the WRX open diff with no LSD?
    You need to stop chatting so much and do more research. WRX has open front diff. Viscous center, and viscous rear LSD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.