turbo questions

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by rex04, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Some people like it without lube, apparently.

OP, good luck. You're going to need it.

2. blake

blake Well-Known Member

Damn, I shoulda checked this before. Blouch still does the 19t upgrade, you just have to call and ask them about pricing since it's not on their website. As for the 19t upgrade, it's probably the best upgrade for the 2.0L if throttle response and lag are a concern. From the dyno's/logs I've seen of it it doesn't hold all the way to redline, but neither does the vf39, and both are still a better option than the stock td04.

To OP, you really need a up, dp, injectors, and fuel pump to make any use of that turbo. Since you need a tune anyway, might as well get all that before you go get a tune.

3. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Yeah, we get one of these every year or so. "Hey give me advice on what to do with my car, I don't know much, so any advice would help, I'm planning on <insert dumbass idea here>." Everybody else on the forum: "dude, that's a terrible idea, here is the facts as to why, and here is what you SHOULD do instead." new guy: "Hey, everyone, I did exactly what you said I shouldn't...and I paid a whole lot more than what your plan would have cost. Wish me luck"

What comes next usually goes one of a few ways:

1) "I just finished my <insert stupid build idea> and I got smoked by an NA Honda Civic on <insert interstate number> What happened?"
    2) "I just finished my <insert stupid build idea> and now my engine is making this strange ticking sound, not sure what it is, probably just a belt."
    3) "I just finished my <insert stupid build idea> and I'm a little short on cash, so I'm not going to get the <insert supporting mods necessary for stupid build> that you said I need, and I'm going to wait on getting a tune. But I probably don't need it, since it pulls so hard now :)"
    4) "Subarus are so slow, I want to sell mine. I did 4000 dollars in mods to it on my <insert stupid build idea>, but it only made 250whp. There are guys with 1000 in mods making that much or more. These things can't be made fast, at least not without 10 grand or more."

phi11 likes this.
  4. rex04

rex04 Member

Went with deatshwerks 565 injectors. bigger fuel pump , up pipe, downpipe, still waiting on a catback,and the tune. Work is almost all done to the car, I work alot so not to much free time for the car but getting there. Hopefully this weeknd supporting mods will be all done. Ready for that fresh turbo.