Underground Photography

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Leonnosyt, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Leonnosyt

Leonnosyt Member

As it seems with everyone these days with a DSLR camera, i dabble in automotive photography and run a facebook page/instagram page with my two best friends back home in British Columbia.

Facebook

and
    Instagram

GO GIVE US A LIKE!

I'll use this thread to share some of our Subaru Related content and start discussion about the photos/cars/mods

Starting with today's Midwest Subaru Show (sorry to anyone with slow internet)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

masube81 likes this.
  2. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

That grey one with the flares is hideous.

Thank you for not adding eye-searing amounts of HDR like so many 'automotive photographers' seem to be doing these days.

joebush44 and Ctracey218 like this.
  3. Leonnosyt

Leonnosyt Member

Haha yea for some reason people LOVE the clarity slider these days

4. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I'm with sneefy on the gray WRX. While I can appreciate the effort put forth, that is one of the most tasteless Subarus I have seen on here in quite awhile. I was so fixated on the flares, I must have missed the airbrushed unicorn and rainbow or the nekked babe with fake teats.

Otherwise, nice pics...thanks for sharing.

5. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I wish that @masube81 could make it to LaXCruise again...like back in the day. :)

masube81 likes this.
  6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Also, nice pics!

What does it take to run that kind of setup(on the grey one)? Aftermarket axles? Looks dangerous...not to mention slow. "Wrecked", makes sense. lolol

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  7. housemusic1

housemusic1 Well-Known Member

That blobeye is a thing of beauty. Not over done (grey hatch), yet stands out from the crowd. @Leonnosyt, what is your camera setup? I got my first DSLR a few months ago, but I still haven't figured out the best settings for certain shooting conditions. Maybe I just need an expensive lens kit. Oh, and I think I came across your wagon online the other night, while researching older Subaru generations. I'd love to see that baby in person some day!

8. Leonnosyt

Leonnosyt Member

Yea I scoped out his Instagram and looks like he was having axles issues. The thing had pretty decent meats on it. For some reason I seem to think he is converted to rwd which from experience is not worth doing. My wagon was rwd for 2 months and in that time I went through 5 axles a rear diff and a set of tires... The tires were the fun part tho

tangledupinblu likes this.
  9. Leonnosyt

Leonnosyt Member

I run a Nikon d3200 camera and have a couple lenses for it. My favourite car show lens is my sigma 10-20mm as it's a decent wide angle without being too fisheye. I've been challenging myself to step away from that lens tho and have been shooting with my Nikkor 55-300 which is usually the complete opposite of a car show lens but that's what this set was shot with.
    I still need to pick up a cpl filter for that lens tho to reduce some of the reflections in the glass and paint

10. housemusic1

housemusic1 Well-Known Member

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T6, that came with 2 lenses, but so far, I'm not overly impressed with it. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. There so many damn filters, shutter speeds, etc. I was hoping for a good "point and shoot" DSLR, that would take high quality photos, without needing to spend 5 minutes just going through settings for each shot.

11. jmyhre05

jmyhre05 Well-Known Member

Yeah that grey one makes 517 corrected WHP. He's converted to RWD with the stock 5 speed. He blew his diff and sounds like a axle too I think I heard. 335 tires are a ton of meat for all that power to that small diff and axles. It's a unique car for sure, not everyone's cup of tea but definently a head turner whether you like it or not, lol.

Their little group is making some good power on their cars, younger guys but all really nice guys!

12. Leonnosyt

Leonnosyt Member

What kind of shooting are you hoping to do? Automotive i would invest in a good CPL filter. that is the filter that will take reflections out of surfaces like windows and water. it is adjustable to remove different reflections or used for multiple shots later edited together to remove all reflections. If you are a more nature, landscape photography I'd invest in a ND filter which will bring out colour and give more depth to the photo. I dont recommend DSLR cameras as a point and shoot, the quality in a Canons fixed lens cameras is night and day to what it used to be and much better suited for P&S

13. Leonnosyt

Leonnosyt Member

Little something I've been playing with getting into light painting so started with my forester
    [​IMG]

GrumbleRumble and tangledupinblu like this.
  14. derp

derp Well-Known Member

I just wanted to say that none of these pictures have been subterranean.

15. Leonnosyt

Leonnosyt Member

Couple of us checked out the Cars and Craft last night. Cool show with some nice cars. Very Fast and Furious feeling with the DJ beats and neon flashing. Grabbed a few shots of Mac and Jesse's cars. Didn't bother bringing camera into the actual show. Was too busy to try to get decent shots with how dark it was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bonus shot R35 from cars and coffee yesterday
    [​IMG]

MilkyDaddy likes this.
  16. MN_XV_712

MN_XV_712 Well-Known Member

MilkyDaddy likes this.