Vector's Big Tool(s for sale thread)

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by Vector, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Going to be posting a lot of tools for sale over probably weeks of time as I get through organizing and paring down my workshop.

Some wood working tools, some metal, some automotive, some general, some power, many hand tools.

$10 is a default price, basically, if it's $10, offer up what you feel is fair, I might just want it gone.

If it's more than that, I'm probably not going to pay attention to low-ball bids except to put you on my mental "would rather give to someone deserving that sell to that guy" list.

All tools will be for pickup in South Minneapolis. I work remotely except Wednesday, so I'm here nearly all the time and can take a few minutes to sell you a tool at pretty much any point. On Wednesday by prior arrangement I can have stuff available near Cedar/77 and Highway 42 in Apple Valley if that works better for you.

If you want something, PM me that you'll take it at the selling price or make an offer, and tell me when you will be willing to come pick up.

Photos will all be in an album at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pp2E2J23Uk3i8VZs7

I'll try to add individual photos in the thread as well, but no promises. It's a true PITA to links photos to this forum software, as we all know...

2. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

$10 Tools
    - Skil Jig Saw (corded)
    - B&D Jig Saw (corded)
    - Tool Shop 4-1/2" Angle Grinder (two available, with guards, wrenches and handles, slightly different styles)
    - Surebonder Pop Riveter (missing one of the tips)
    - Stanley Pop Riveter (yellow)
    - Tactix socket sets - 39 piece, SAE and Metric with 1/4" and 3/8" sockets, 1/4" drive handle, 3/8" ratchet ( two available, both are complete, but one has two different brand sockets to fill it out, case latches are broken)
    - Craftsman 1/4 sheet sander
    - Carpet installation knee kicker
    - 50' 3/8" Air Hose, PVC, new. (three available)
    - Craftsman Air Hammer
    - Central Pneumatic Air Scraper
    - Tool Shop Pneumatic Oscillating Mutli-tool
    - Craftsman 1/2" Pneumatic Impact Wrench
    - Northern Industrial Pneumatic 3/8" Butterfly Impact Wrench
    - Central Pneumatic Nibbler

3. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

OTC 5609 Cylinder Leakdown Kit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Used literally once. $40.

[​IMG]

4. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Performax 6" Bench Grinder, with upgraded fine Norton Aluminum Oxide wheel $30 (basically the cost of the wheel with a free grinder)

[​IMG]

Butthau5 likes this.
  5. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

6. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Messed up the image embed on the compression tester.
    [​IMG]

7. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

DeWalt DW734 12-12" Thickness Planer with new-in-packaging reversible replacement knives. $350.

Great benchtop-style planer, moderate hobbiest use. Blades installed are decently sharp on the current side, other side is used up. Includes magnetic handled tool to replace blades without slicing yourself up, 4" dust collector shroud with 2-1/2" reducer for use with a shop-vac. I'd keep using this for a long time, but I got a chance to pick up the even better DW735X at a price I couldn't pass up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Butthau5 likes this.
  8. Butthau5

Butthau5 Member

I'll take the bench grinder forsure and possibly compression tester depending on how much you want for it.

thomas franz likes this.
  9. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Oops, missed that one. $20 for the compression tester.

10. Butthau5

Butthau5 Member

Deal!

11. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

DeWalt Planer is sold.

Butthau5 likes this.
  12. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Bench Grinder and Compression tester are gone!

Butthau5 likes this.
  13. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Corded angle grinders are gone.

The rest of these are up for free, if you contact me today, otherwise they're going in the scrap metal bin or trash.
    - Skil Jig Saw (corded)
    - B&D Jig Saw (corded)
    - Surebonder Pop Riveter (missing one of the tips)
    - Stanley Pop Riveter (yellow)
    - Tactix socket sets - 39 piece, SAE and Metric with 1/4" and 3/8" sockets, 1/4" drive handle, 3/8" ratchet ( two available, both are complete, but one has two different brand sockets to fill it out, case latches are broken)
    - Craftsman 1/4 sheet sander
    - Carpet installation knee kicker
    - 50' 3/8" Air Hose, PVC, new. (three available)
    - Craftsman Air Hammer
    - Central Pneumatic Air Scraper
    - Tool Shop Pneumatic Oscillating Mutli-tool
    - Craftsman 1/2" Pneumatic Impact Wrench
    - Northern Industrial Pneumatic 3/8" Butterfly Impact Wrench
    - Central Pneumatic Nibbler

14. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Free stuff above is gone. Still available is the leakdown tester. More things to come in the days and weeks ahead as I get through it all.

15. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

This looks like Vector skipped town with a new ladyfriend and his wife got on here and decided to empty the garage of all his sh!t. I'm waiting for the $500 Porsche to make an appearance.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  16. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Just have a ridonkulous number of tools, and getting rid of stuff where I have better tools, or I just don't use them anymore.

Seriously, I probably have 10+ full sets of metric sockets in addition to the 2 full sets of standard and deep 6-point and full set of standard and deep 12-point sockets.

I've gotta have hundreds of screwdrivers floating around. Probably 20+ utility knives, etc, etc, etc.

And then I have all the stuff to build cages for race cars, air over hydraulic tube bender with multiple dies, tube notchers, metal chopsaw, plasma cutter, 185A MIG welder. Engine stands, engine lifts, hydraulic press. Two sets of vehicle ramps, etc, etc. None of which I ever use anymore.

Seriously, if you're looking to pick up a tool, ask me if I have one that I want to get rid of. The odds are pretty good. It might be a cheap version of the tool, but that mioght be all that's needed too...

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  17. Butthau5

Butthau5 Member

I should have come in and looked when I picked up that bench grinder. I want like all that stuff. Wife won't let me buy it all but I can look and dream right?

18. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Honestly right now:

1. You wouldn't be able to see 90% of it.
    2. I wouldn't let anyone else in the garage because it's pretty much piles of stuff waiting to stab or slice you.

It's very much in the state of "getting worse before it gets better" Much, much worse.

tangledupinblu and Butthau5 like this.
  19. Butthau5

Butthau5 Member

Well I can dream right