Vector's Big Tool(s for sale thread)

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by Vector, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Going to be posting a lot of tools for sale over probably weeks of time as I get through organizing and paring down my workshop.

Some wood working tools, some metal, some automotive, some general, some power, many hand tools.

$10 is a default price, basically, if it's $10, offer up what you feel is fair, I might just want it gone.

If it's more than that, I'm probably not going to pay attention to low-ball bids except to put you on my mental "would rather give to someone deserving that sell to that guy" list.

All tools will be for pickup in South Minneapolis. I work remotely except Wednesday, so I'm here nearly all the time and can take a few minutes to sell you a tool at pretty much any point. On Wednesday by prior arrangement I can have stuff available near Cedar/77 and Highway 42 in Apple Valley if that works better for you.

If you want something, PM me that you'll take it at the selling price or make an offer, and tell me when you will be willing to come pick up.

Photos will all be in an album at: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Pp2E2J23Uk3i8VZs7

I'll try to add individual photos in the thread as well, but no promises. It's a true PITA to links photos to this forum software, as we all know...

2. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

$10 Tools
    - Skil Jig Saw (corded)
    - B&D Jig Saw (corded)
    - Tool Shop 4-1/2" Angle Grinder (two available, with guards, wrenches and handles, slightly different styles)
    - Surebonder Pop Riveter (missing one of the tips)
    - Stanley Pop Riveter (yellow)
    - Tactix socket sets - 39 piece, SAE and Metric with 1/4" and 3/8" sockets, 1/4" drive handle, 3/8" ratchet ( two available, both are complete, but one has two different brand sockets to fill it out, case latches are broken)
    - Craftsman 1/4 sheet sander
    - Carpet installation knee kicker
    - 50' 3/8" Air Hose, PVC, new. (three available)
    - Craftsman Air Hammer
    - Central Pneumatic Air Scraper
    - Tool Shop Pneumatic Oscillating Mutli-tool
    - Craftsman 1/2" Pneumatic Impact Wrench
    - Northern Industrial Pneumatic 3/8" Butterfly Impact Wrench
    - Central Pneumatic Nibbler

3. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

OTC 5609 Cylinder Leakdown Kit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Used literally once. $40.

[​IMG]

4. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Performax 6" Bench Grinder, with upgraded fine Norton Aluminum Oxide wheel $30 (basically the cost of the wheel with a free grinder)

[​IMG]

Butthau5 likes this.
  5. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

6. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Messed up the image embed on the compression tester.
    [​IMG]

7. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

DeWalt DW734 12-12" Thickness Planer with new-in-packaging reversible replacement knives. $350.

Great benchtop-style planer, moderate hobbiest use. Blades installed are decently sharp on the current side, other side is used up. Includes magnetic handled tool to replace blades without slicing yourself up, 4" dust collector shroud with 2-1/2" reducer for use with a shop-vac. I'd keep using this for a long time, but I got a chance to pick up the even better DW735X at a price I couldn't pass up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Butthau5 likes this.
  8. Butthau5

Butthau5 Well-Known Member

I'll take the bench grinder forsure and possibly compression tester depending on how much you want for it.

thomas franz likes this.
  9. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Oops, missed that one. $20 for the compression tester.

10. Butthau5

Deal!

11. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

DeWalt Planer is sold.

Butthau5 likes this.
  12. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Bench Grinder and Compression tester are gone!

Butthau5 likes this.
  13. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Corded angle grinders are gone.

The rest of these are up for free, if you contact me today, otherwise they're going in the scrap metal bin or trash.
    - Skil Jig Saw (corded)
    - B&D Jig Saw (corded)
    - Surebonder Pop Riveter (missing one of the tips)
    - Stanley Pop Riveter (yellow)
    - Tactix socket sets - 39 piece, SAE and Metric with 1/4" and 3/8" sockets, 1/4" drive handle, 3/8" ratchet ( two available, both are complete, but one has two different brand sockets to fill it out, case latches are broken)
    - Craftsman 1/4 sheet sander
    - Carpet installation knee kicker
    - 50' 3/8" Air Hose, PVC, new. (three available)
    - Craftsman Air Hammer
    - Central Pneumatic Air Scraper
    - Tool Shop Pneumatic Oscillating Mutli-tool
    - Craftsman 1/2" Pneumatic Impact Wrench
    - Northern Industrial Pneumatic 3/8" Butterfly Impact Wrench
    - Central Pneumatic Nibbler

14. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Free stuff above is gone. Still available is the leakdown tester. More things to come in the days and weeks ahead as I get through it all.

15. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

This looks like Vector skipped town with a new ladyfriend and his wife got on here and decided to empty the garage of all his sh!t. I'm waiting for the $500 Porsche to make an appearance.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  16. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Just have a ridonkulous number of tools, and getting rid of stuff where I have better tools, or I just don't use them anymore.

Seriously, I probably have 10+ full sets of metric sockets in addition to the 2 full sets of standard and deep 6-point and full set of standard and deep 12-point sockets.

I've gotta have hundreds of screwdrivers floating around. Probably 20+ utility knives, etc, etc, etc.

And then I have all the stuff to build cages for race cars, air over hydraulic tube bender with multiple dies, tube notchers, metal chopsaw, plasma cutter, 185A MIG welder. Engine stands, engine lifts, hydraulic press. Two sets of vehicle ramps, etc, etc. None of which I ever use anymore.

Seriously, if you're looking to pick up a tool, ask me if I have one that I want to get rid of. The odds are pretty good. It might be a cheap version of the tool, but that mioght be all that's needed too...

Butthau5 and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  17. Butthau5

I should have come in and looked when I picked up that bench grinder. I want like all that stuff. Wife won't let me buy it all but I can look and dream right?

18. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Honestly right now:

1. You wouldn't be able to see 90% of it.
    2. I wouldn't let anyone else in the garage because it's pretty much piles of stuff waiting to stab or slice you.

It's very much in the state of "getting worse before it gets better" Much, much worse.

tangledupinblu and Butthau5 like this.
  19. Butthau5

Well I can dream right

20. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Finally at the point where I can sort of some more stuff to get rid of.

A few non-tool things:
    [​IMG]
    Unopened bottle of Rotella T6 5W-40 Syntentic. I know a lot of people (like me) used to run this in the EJ engines even though it's technically a diesel truck oil. $10.

[​IMG]
    Bosch 3310 Oil Filter. Box is trashed but filter is pristine. I think this fits pretty much any '90s 2.5L Subaru, but I'm sure it can be looked up. Free.

[​IMG]
    OEM Subaru Oil Filter P/N 15208 AA060, I know it fits the EJ20T from a bugeye WRX, and probably lots of other Subarus. Includes crush washer. Toss me a few $$ or free with anything else.

21. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

[​IMG]
    Need somewhere to store your Mortar rounds? Wooden crate is long enough for all kinds of tools, or whatever (from memory it's about 2-1/2 ft long) and super durable. Explosives not included. $5

[​IMG]
    Powerbuilt Strut Spring Comporessor Kit #648627. Well used, but super durable. $20

[​IMG]
    OEM Tools Single/Double Flaring Tool, SAE. P/N 27015 (set is complete, they use the same case for a few different sets) $15

[​IMG]
    Wall-mount air hose reel with 30' Heavy Duty 3/8" rubber hose. $15.

22. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

[​IMG]
    50' and 100' 3/8" heavy duty rubber air hoses. $10 for the 50' and $20 for the 100'

Oh hey, more non-tools:
    [​IMG]
    Buddy Club Plastic (Delrin?) and Stainless Steel shift knob, M10x1.25 thread. No shift pattern. Lightweight. $20
    BLOX Racing 6-speed billet shift knob. 450g. It's a heavy little bastard and great for short shifters. M10x1.25 thread. $20

[​IMG]
    Orion Cobalt Series 12" subwoofers. Both are dusty as hell but have never been used. One has a terminal broken free from the mounting tab and a pinhole in the foam surround. Neither will affect the function. $10 each, or $10 for the pair.

23. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

[​IMG]

24. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Above is an OTC Stinger 4504 Metric/ISO Bubble Flaring tool kit. It's missing the turning bar but any appropriately sized bolt or metal rod will do the job just as well. I may still find it as well. $15.

[​IMG]
    Autel MaxiCheck Pro ODB2 scan tool. Can do a huge range of vehicles and a bunch of functions beyond just ECU code scan/resets. Does Oil resets on many vehicles, SRS (airbag) scans and resets, Electronic braking systems, transmissions, etc. Definitions are a couple of years out of date, but it's still supported (by subscription) to the best of my knowledge. With hard case. $100.

25. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

[​IMG]
    Retracting flourescent trouble light. $5

26. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Greene" Horizions storage box. Large. Diet Pepsi for scale. $10.

[​IMG]
    1/2" drive metric Sockets. Black are impact rated, chrome aren't. Not pictured are two full sets of standard depth impact that I didn't take pictures of for some reason. $5/set or bag.

[​IMG]
    3/8" drive metric sockets. $5/set or bag.

27. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

[​IMG]

Sanford 60 Gallon 135PSI air compressor. Cast iron, oiled, single stage. 13.4 CFM@40PSI, 11.5CFM@90PSI. Has a AO Smith Century motor, 208-240volt, 15.0 Amps. I'm the original owner and it's never seen commercial use. $300. Needs to be transported upright (or crankcase drained). Delivery possible for additional cost depending on location and timing.

28. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Misc Screwdrivers, $5/bag.

29. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Definitely interested!

Any idea how long you've had it? Ever done an oil change? What's it sitting on (pallet, feet, etc.)? Also, doesn't totally matter as it's pretty easy to change, but what's the plug style?

Thanks!
    -Cody

30. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I think “tool hoarder” could be an appropriate screen name Mark.:D

Chux likes this.
  31. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Several years. It's on 3 urethane jack pads to keep the noise down (tuck-under garage). Has an extended drain vale to make that easier. Havew done a total oil change once, but like any oiled compressor it consumes some oil when running, I'd say I've gone through 2-3 total bottles of oil.

Right ATM it needs a new overpressure valve, as the old one has gotten weak and blows off sometimes at below 135PSI. I have a new one arriving Wed (well, had one arrive today but ordered the wrong thread size...).

It has a NEMA 6-20P on it right now, the same style you'd see on a big window A/C unit (not the plug you see in the background of the picture, that's for the welder). Super simple to change to a different cord or to hardwire though.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  32. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

This is the stack of stuff that still needs to be gone through. Well, moist of it anyhow....

In my defense a lot of stuff I inherited when my dad passed, but I openly admit that for many years I have compensated for a lack of any organization by just having mass quantities of stuff so I could find at least one of the several versions of a given tool I owned. I also used to have multiple sets of basic tools for the rally service truck.

[​IMG]

There's the Amazon package containing the wrong pressure releif valve too.

tangledupinblu and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  33. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Alright, you talked me into it... And I'll bring some extra money and see what else I can take off your hands. Haha. Will message ya!

34. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

So moist.

35. Butthau5

I'll take the hose reel the spring compressors and probably some sockets too. You can toss it all in that fine crate you have there.

36. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

Compressor and the oil/filters are gone. Rest is still available.

Butthau5 and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  37. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

I'll take the light. I'll be running errands friday and can pick it up then.