Vic and Kyle made me post this here.

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by kickin_81, Feb 23, 2004.

1. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

What's your opinion on Rock Falls Raceway?

I think Rock Falls raceway gets a lot of spectators and business because it's easy for people to spectate and participate in that motorsport. Anything that's easy and popular, people tend to follow. I've always liked to watch drag race events since I got my first car. It's nice to hang out, talk about cars/people, talk sh*t about cars/people, have a good time, and maybe even run once or twice to see how well my car is performing. I enjoy it. But that doesn't mean that I only like to drag race. :)

2. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

any kind of racing is fun. as long as you feel a rush. your so nervous that you began to sweat at the palms of your hands to see if you can beat the car next to you just to find out that he kicked your arse. **** 11'sec dodge stealth tt. i will block you in my mini van.

3. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I have nothing better to say about the whole Rockfall Track organization... I'm never said I'm against Drag Racing... I'm just against Rockfall Drag Queen's way, Nuff said!

4. kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm just against Rockfall Drag Queen's way, Nuff said!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Explain.:D

5. RallyNavvie

RallyNavvie Well-Known Member

Rock Falls is an OK venue, I've just never been into drag racing. I build up a car to be more than just fast in a straight line and it makes me sick to always hear people ask me what my times are. Besides I'd probably wreck a transmission trying to set a good time at a strip anyway.

And before anyone asks me: my 1/4 mile time is "i don't give a f***" :p

6. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Vic's shopping cart would beat my time anyways. I think dragging with a Subaru can be thought of in two ways:

1. Good launch w/AWD and broad torque range with the H4.

and

2. Waste of time because it's a better car for other things i.e. corner carving}:), backseat boogy :X, RALLY!:p etc...

In otherwords, <font color="blue">Save it for those domestic losers.</font id="blue">

7. juno

juno Guest

Allthough I have never been to rock falls, I will be heading out there this spring. We should all just head out there. since I am not really into drag racing, we could have strengh in numbers :D

8. kickin_81

Like I said, hold a BBQ or something.
    ...or maybe not.

9. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

i've never been to rock falls nor ever did wanted to go. but i wouldn't mind seeing it someday.

10. juno

juno Guest

A BBQ would be great! We could bring out a coleman and probally even charge for "non-forum" guys.

11. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I might be in for that. I amnot a big drag racer, but it would be nice to know what my car does in the 1/4 mile.

Russ

12. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm just against Rockfall Drag Queen's way, Nuff said!

Explain.:D

Fong, I don't see the point at wasting my time and money when they don't give me equal track treatment. Even if my car hit 1 minute or 9 second on the 1/4 mile... I should get the same treatment as any other car or crowd out there.

I've been to 2 Muscle car and 3 Import (Sport Compact) event and the track is treated differently for both vanue. The track were cleaned up on every pass for the domestic group, wheather they run 16's or 9. In the case of the Sport Compact crowd... if they (Rockfall Org) felt like sweeping the dirt or drying up the track from a little wet spot. They'll do it... but other than that, you're out there running your car and wondering what the hell just happen to my lunch.

My final decision is this... I've been there, done that. I'm moving on to bigger and better things. Not saying that Drag racing isn't fun... it is fun in it's own right... but just not my cup of tea.

Maybe Rockfall may have change for the better... but they've lost a customer and I've made up my mind on the whole ordeal. I'll let you guys enjoy the fun while I sit out :D