VOTE 2004!!! New President of USA 3page

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by tbone, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

At november 2nd we will found out who is gonne to be a president of the united states in america. Did you guys vote?
    John Kerry Democrate or George Bush Republican.:???:
    Which you vote for?

2. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

Today I drove by the target centre this morning and I it was hella busy as hell. But as I near the target centre, I approach George bush and Arnold Schwarzenegger from their limo heading to the target centre. Go Arnold or Bush!!! Nah forget them, Kerry is my homeboy PEACE

3. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

sent in my absentee, full ticket republican!

4. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

i'm voting for KERRY....for the low income family:D

5. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

hmmmm......both of them suck. Nader is useless. Maybe Iny Miny Moe at the last second IF I can't decide.:eek:)

6. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Vote Vic 4 Prez! You will have a dozen of new race track popping up near your home town and more off roading course for rallying.

I'll legalize da 420 so all can get on crunk! I'll include chix at every possible stop and shower you all with left over change from my spending.

No OLD TAXES... going forward, ONLY NEW TAXES, how's that eh? Come on, some ones gotta vote for ME!

I'll even throw in a free year of Ralling membership at my courses of course, they come with chix carrying your team logo as well.

:D

7. AWD 101

AWD 101 Well-Known Member

hell yeah, Vic 4 Prez! 'specially for the NEW taxes :D

8. EchoWrx

EchoWrx New Member

I heard that Prez EL would abolish all taxes on any purchase of any STi models!!! I think he might also steal a few of candidate Vics ideas as well. Gooo Prez EL!

9. yosmiley

Vic and El for Prez and VP... you can be my running mate since we think the same.

Great minds think alike... Birds of a feather flock together!

10. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

I work all night and have school all day. So, how do I vote then? Plus, it said I have to vote where my DL's address is. I don't live at that address anymore, so what's the deal?...

11. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by j0hnniz

I work all night and have school all day. So, how do I vote then? Plus, it said I have to vote where my DL's address is. I don't live at that address anymore, so what's the deal?...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You vote where your current address is... there should be a poll near by where you can register and vote.

12. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

ohh..really? my teacher's was saying like "you have to vote where your DL's address is." but i registered to my savage address though. oh well, im just going to try...Kerry!!

13. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

i think i'm voting for kerry. i saw the show 60 min. and it made me think twice whats happening in Iraq.

14. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kongzilla

i think i'm voting for kerry. i saw the show 60 min. and it made me think twice whats happening in Iraq.

not exactly a credible source, but not necessarily wrong either, regardless of the reasons we went to Iraq, Kerry's plan for reconstruction (or somewhat lack thereof) scares me

15. kongzilla

that is true. but it is time for something different. i dont like innocent lives being taken.

16. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kongzilla

i dont like innocent lives being taken.

THAT'S WHY WE'RE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE, sorry, but this kind of irritates me, Mr. Hussein was killing innocent people, with mustard gas, tear gas, and worse, Thousands upon thousands at a time, that's why we took him out, yea, the WMD did have alot to do with it, but this was a deeper, darker problem, and if we don't reconstruct a stable government there, someone else will just kill enough people to end up in the same place, if Bush Sr./Clinton had finished the dirtbag off the first time around, we wouldn't be in this boat at all. [/rant]

17. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

i am with chux. hussien is a monster. we would kill people every where he went. he would even kill his politicans at his meetings. i have heard that if kerry gets elected we are just gonna pull out of iraq, which we cant do. cuase it will just colapse, and be a huge mess ie somalia.

18. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dynapar

i have heard that if kerry gets elected we are just gonna pull out of iraq, which we cant do.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That is patently false, there is absolutely nothing on the record indicating this to be accurate. If John Kerry wins he will have just as hard of a time figuring out how to fix things in Iraq as George Bush is obviously having.

You need to apply some critical thinking and maybe reassess the quality of your news sources, or at a minimum not believe everything you hear and read.

19. Dynapar

then how come kerry has been voting against authorizing money to go to our troops / rebuilding in iraq. he has flopped from his original views that were post 911 but pre shock and awe. back then he was voting for war, and sending troops in. but after we went in he started to vote against our troops. the terrorist want kerry to win

20. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zola

That is patently false

I know that, but it's so hard to tell what his plans are, I would feel alot better if he would come out and say exactly what he has in mind, but he can't do that, because then people might not vote for him, so he'd rather be deceptive and noncommital, don't get me wrong, I don't think Bush is all that wonderful, but I know what he wants, and what his plans are, and for the most part, I agree, and I take comfort in that.

21. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

It's immature yet still accurate so I'll ask; Has anyone seen the new South Park episode with the Giant Douche vs. the Turd Sandwich? In reality, most politicians are liars to some degree and say just about anything to please a demographic and get into office. In the South Park episode, Stan's father said to Stan, (and I'm paraphrasing) "You see, it doesn't matter if you agree with the candidates views, because in every election, the only option is between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich." I have spoken to friends who have/are fighting in Iraq and of course no-one wants to be there, (if the war wasn't going on and they had a choice to be here with family) but, they say that the Iraqi civilians are glad that they are there and helping them out. Therefore, every American soldier I know that is here Stateside, is more than willing to go and fight with their fellow soldiers and serve their country. Regardless of how the "war" started, or why we occupied the country in the first place, we are there now and that's it. They are trying to establish a Democracy there vs. what Hussein had going on prior to our occupation. If Kerry gets elected, he cannot simply pull out our troops. It is not that easy. His advisors would advise against it and they will have to figure out a new plan of action/innaction. However, I do think that Bush went over there to finish what his daddy didn't and I think he's merely a puppet of Sr. Bush and the good ol' American greenback. I think he's a greedy person and I don't agree with alot of his values. However, I don't know where Kerry would take this country either. I voted today and I hope that the next four years will be a good four years.

22. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chux

23. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dynapar

then how come kerry has been voting against authorizing money to go to our troops / rebuilding in iraq. he has flopped from his original views that were post 911 but pre shock and awe. back then he was voting for war, and sending troops in. but after we went in he started to vote against our troops. the terrorist want kerry to win

Explain to me how any of this Fox News regurgitation supports your claim that a Kerry administration would pull us out of Iraq, and I'll give you $5.

24. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid New Member

It doesn't matter who you vote for just go vote. Plenty of people have died in order to preserve your right to vote.

I'm not relly sold on either candidate they are both pretty weak, but I'll take the lesser of two evils and vote Kerry. Bad economy, unjustified war, Haliburton, election fraud, and just being a dumb ass take bush out of the running in my book. I mean the guy did choke on a chip or something and almost died, didn't he also fall off segway? the things that you supposedly can't fall off...

25. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by KaliforniaKid

It doesn't matter who you vote for just go vote. Plenty of people have died in order to preserve your right to vote.
    That's BS.

I'd rather that people DIDN'T vote if they don't know anything about the candidates. That way, the people that actually put time into figuring out who to vote for get the right person.. not just the one with the most familiar name from the voters that don't care.

Of course, the best situation is where everyone puts time into researching candidates and votes. Do all or nothing.. no half ass stuff.

26. Grimm

Grimm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jprice

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by KaliforniaKid

That's BS.

I'd rather that people DIDN'T vote if they don't know anything about the candidates. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

/Bump

27. yosmiley

Can't we all just get along? [xx(]

I'm voting at 7 tonite so help me BRAIN and HEART!

28. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid New Member

Ok so what that means is not just vote for anyone, it means it does not matter if you side with republican or democrat politics, just go out and vote to support your candidates. Wow did I really need to spell it out. No need to be dicks

29. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Ok so what that means is not just vote for anyone, it means it does not matter if you side with republican or democrat politics, just go out and vote to support your candidates. Wow did I really need to spell it out. No need to be dicks

We're all a little jumpy on politics right now ;-)

Also, who cares what party people are with.. just vote for the best person, regardless of party. The whole party thing is BS anyway, and just yet another way that votes and potential candidates are being controlled.

30. kongzilla

i believe we should protect ourselves first before we go into other people's place and start trying to correct something that its too hard for us to do alone. U.N. didn't want U.S. to go in but Bush said the hell with it and went anyways. what good is it if we lose thousand of troops over seas and U.S. is still being targeted. Shouldnt the main goal be is to keep the economy up and keep terrorist out of the states. by going over seas to fix something with out the U.N.. help is like a dictator yourself. power hungry fool is what Bush is.

31. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

I knew once I saw this thread it would bring up some issues.

Right now

Bush:246
    Kerry:199

Kerry can still win it but, it doesn't look good. (in my opinion) ;)

32. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

I was watchin the race last night, did you notice; they were off the number every station. They were reporting states they aren't fully counted, like that jacka@$ Ohio. That basically we haded 4 years ago dealing with Florida over VP Al Gore race.

Woke up this morning to see who won the race. And still no result for that moment. Ohio was reported from last night that were still more poll from today this morning, still has no result for it. That's what I call some Bullsh!@.

Oh wait a minute a breaking news on Channel 9. Kerry has decieded to conceded over Bush. Re- Electing George W. Bush:mad: All the hard work to support Kerry...all for nothing:(! Mudaf@#ker!!! WHY!!!! I going to WAR!!!! Vietcong yeah!!!:(

33. Dynapar

RE: counted states that dont have all votes in

i had a discussion about this yesterday, and i decided that the counted status of a state depends on the amount lead a person has in that state compared to amount of expected votes left to be counted. so for instance when ohio was 89% done and they called it for bush. it was becuase kerry would need almost all of the remaining (uncounted) votes to be for him. which would be near impossible to have. notice i said near. another thing is that since they called alaska so early it brought up bushes count to the point where if he got another state it would put him over 270, so they waited till all the votes are in to count NM or Iowa ect....
    needless to say its an interesting system the news programs have for calling votes.

4 More Years!

34. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

I'm pissed I thought people would be smarter about this one(no offence to bush voters) but if I get drafted the first thing I'm doin is runnin to Canada!

35. Dynapar

dude there isnt going to be a draft. thats all hype. bush has said it hundreds of times. we have a volunteer army and its gonna stay that way.

36. austinpike

austinpike Well-Known Member

dude there isnt going to be a draft. thats all hype. bush has said it hundreds of times.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">People will say a lot of things to get elected.

37. zapman

zapman Well-Known Member

dude there isnt going to be a draft. thats all hype. bush has said it hundreds of times. we have a volunteer army and its gonna stay that way.

He also said in 2001 that saddam had no weapons of mass destruction.

38. zapman

zapman Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BlackDubRX

I'm pissed I thought people would be smarter about this one(no offence to bush voters) but if I get drafted the first thing I'm doin is runnin to Canada!

I can get there in an hour. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.