Want a job at Jimmy John's?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dcmn, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Dcmn

Dcmn Active Member

Hello all. I'm posting this to get the word out that I am looking for people that need a part time job. I am the general manager at the Jimmy John's in Golden Valley, and I currently have all positions and shifts available. Starting pay is $9 per hour. Please call the store (763)-544-3671 or stop by 8008 Olson memorial highway in golden valley to inquire. Thanks and I hope some of you are able to join my team!
    Dan

Sanjay raval likes this.
  2. tonyv

tonyv Well-Known Member

This $9 min. wage is a joke. Kids these days having it too good. lol

3. clajiness

clajiness Well-Known Member

$9 today has the same purchasing power as $6.50 in the year 2000 (roughly when I was working a job similarish to this). It's good money for a kid, but nothing to try to live on. Regardless, it's good to know there are jobs out there for folks who need them.

MinnesotaFTW and idget like this.
  4. Dcmn

Dcmn Active Member

Tell me about it. I was getting 5.15 back in the day

tangledupinblu likes this.
  5. MNRex07

MNRex07 Well-Known Member

right by where I live. Awesome. I'll have to stop in sometime and say hello!

Deathly likes this.
  6. Dcmn

Dcmn Active Member

Well if anyone knows of someone looking for something, please send them my way. Thanks in advance!

7. Dcmn

Dcmn Active Member

F
    for sure! My 08 hatch is usually in the back of the building. If you mention mnsubaru I'll hook ya up, not every time though ;)

8. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

I was wondering who's hatch that was, I'm right in that area as well.

Deathly likes this.
  9. Dcmn

Dcmn Active Member

Yes $9 an hour is hard to live on, but to start if you need a job, it's better than nothing.
    On that note I do have delivery positions available. My drivers usually average $40 in cash for 2.5-3 hours. Again I know it's tough as an adult with bills to live on $9, but if anyone knows of anyone that needs a job, it's a good foot in the door. Thanks again.

EricS and Deathly like this.
  10. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

If this is the store in the strip mall off of Winnetka and hway 55, I ate there just about once a week for almost 2 years. Clean, fast, friendly and never disappointed with my #9 and a pickle! Hope you find some good peeps.

EricS likes this.
  11. Dcmn

Dcmn Active Member

It is! Thanks for the complement! I'm hoping so too.

12. Joe seiter

Joe seiter Active Member

@Dcmn I will swing in on monday Dan. What is a good time? This is close to home and i know the area well grew up off lilac dr. Also have had food service experience in the past.

13. Dcmn

Dcmn Active Member

That'd be awesome! Any time before 11 or after 2 usually works. I'm usually there until 3 at the earliest and I get there around 6am. So up to you. Thanks for the response!

14. Joe seiter

Joe seiter Active Member

I will swing in around 9-9:30 on monday morning. Thank you for the opportunity.

15. Dcmn

Dcmn Active Member

Sounds good, see you then!

16. Joe seiter

Joe seiter Active Member

@Dcmn sorry I was not able to make it my motor blew last night and I'm looking for some housing currently. If the car gets running by some miracle I would love to give this a shot. If not I understand. Thanks for a chance but my luck never is good.

17. KevinK121

KevinK121 Member

Ive been debating getting a pt job like this on the side. It'd be kinda fun for extra money 2-3 nights a week.

I've even worked at Jimmy Johns before when I was 16-17 lol... I live in this area as well. If only it weren't impending winter Id come deliver with the BRZ lawl.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  18. Dcmn

Dcmn Active Member

Yeah winter is a pain to deliver in. We get a crap ton of deliveries during the winter.

19. Dcmn

Dcmn Active Member

Lame about the motor. Get it sorted out and swing back through. Thanks for letting me know.

20. Joe seiter

Joe seiter Active Member

Thanks Dan will do.

21. MinnesotaFTW

MinnesotaFTW Well-Known Member

If I become a delivery driver, do I get to drive your car ;)?

Jokes aside, is there any good time to meet up or something? I only get one day off from work (Tuesday) but I don't get out of school until 2:10. Or home until 2:30.

Current job is incredibly stressful, looking to go somewhere else. Just an inquiry, as I'm actively looking at other jobs in my area. It'd be nice to work with some "familiar" people.

Deathly likes this.
  22. LeSubieRêver

LeSubieRêver Member

If you are still looking for a job come summer time, I think I can talk with my boss and try to pull you in. Starting last year we started taking in paid intern from Wayzata High since we have a close relationship with the school. We are on our second intern starting this new school year since the last one was a senior. Our newest intern is also a senior this year so the position will most likely open up come summer time.

If our new intern was to leave half way through the year, I don't think your available hours will suffice since our door closes at 4:30pm.

23. MinnesotaFTW

I'd only be able to do it during June-August, as I enlist in the Navy in September.

If I may ask, what company do you work for?

24. LeSubieRêver

LeSubieRêver Member

Eh, pretty sure you won't need moolahs during that time. If you are enlisting, better to spend those time prepping your body and health and enjoy some down time before being thrust into what ever they might have you do.

Where do I work? Cheap plug but you can find out here https://www.facebook.com/LeeXiongDesign. Don't really want to put it out there in case **** comes back and hits the fan.

MinnesotaFTW likes this.
  25. MinnesotaFTW

Thank you :)

Most of my paychecks goes towards my savings, which will be used in the Navy. Hence why I'm working so much.

Deathly and EricS like this.
  26. Dcmn

Dcmn Active Member

Just come by anytime after you get out of school. I'm usually there until 4. We are having open interviews from 2-4 next week.
    Thanks

27. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

What are the hours? I have been toying with the idea of a second job to pay off some debt.

28. Dcmn

Dcmn Active Member

I have mornings like 11-2/4 and probably some nights and weekends. W close at 9 so if there is a closing shift the latest you'd be out would be 10. Swing by tomorrow and we can discuss it if you want. Thanks, Dan