We need to start this here

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by bikerboy, Nov 16, 2004.

1. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

2. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

It's all fun and games till Fuji tries to pass you on the inside of a corner. ;-)

3. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

4. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

is that lee driving thur?

5. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

some friends of mine are going to start a snow drifting club this winter just for all wheel drive. no details yet ,but i'll keep this site posted.

6. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I know the biggest hurdle is that you will have to knock down the snow banks after every event, unless the lake is private. We used to race bikes and wheelers on the ice every winter, and the bigger events and such we had to knock down the banks so some jackass didn't come flying through on a sled.

Russ

7. Grimm

Grimm New Member

http://icerace.shocauto.com/

Like I said for the most part we are invited, it is "invintational only" because they don't want people just showing up.

8. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

i believe they do that a lake phalen every year on the east side of saint paul.

9. AWD 101

AWD 101 Well-Known Member

http://www.angelfire.com/mn/icerace/
    ^this is the group at Lake Phalen (and elsewhere), I spectated one of the endurance races last winter... pretty fun stuff. I'm glad I wasn't out there though, those guys really bang up their cars The white new beetle even rolled on its side once. If I go on the ice with the new car it's not going to be wheel to wheel, that's all I know :)

10. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jprice

It's all fun and games till Fuji tries to pass you on the inside of a corner. ;-)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

ROFLMAO

11. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

yep..but about the lake phalen thing are they gonna have it agian this year?

12. AWD 101

AWD 101 Well-Known Member

lake phalen - it is up on their site calendar, so unless you've heard anything different i would guess so... it was advertised as part of the winter carnival events last year, so maybe that would be another place to look.
    i actually like the no contact rule in the original link on this thread... it seems to have worked for them. i'd still be hesitant about taking a new car out wheel to wheel... but it would be fun to do this without having to do a full IIRA-legal setup (roll cage etc.)