Weaksauce for locking the political thread.

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Front Office' started by wall of tvs, Feb 9, 2008.

1. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

2. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

yeah ... just when it was getting good too. perhaps it is because a thread like that was literally defining the reason why people don't like politics threads. If given more time it would have ended up incredibly stupid.

Why do people act like this? It boggles my mind sometimes.

3. WRXEcho

WRXEcho Well-Known Member

I agree...can't it be in off topic? But, it's kind of like religion in a way. Where people have to be able to agree to disagree, otherwise people can get pissed off for some stupid reason, and then you have int3rn3tz dr4m4. People have very strong personal beliefs, and these discussion can end up in arguments. But if we aren't allowed to talk about it...it never gets talked about. And that's a big FAIL.

4. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

sorry it was an unofficial rule from last election cycle.

I propose that we vote on it, and see how that goes. However political threads end in tears 90% of the time and lead to all sorts of undue drama, if you guys really want them then vote for it.

However even if approved, political arguing/sniping/discussion will still not be appropriate in non off topic threads.

5. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

yeah, I don't see a no politics rule.

As long as the discussion doesn't turn into a flame war where people are attacking each other personally, it should be ok. There are some comments in that thread that are borderline flaming.

6. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

i posted a vote. I'm interested to see what the members think. for now since its something that we talked about as mods a while back but never put into the written rules i am going to unlock the other thread.

7. WRXEcho

WRXEcho Well-Known Member

That's why it's important to understand that other people have other views, and they deserve respect for what they believe. As long as you can keep it like a debate, and not a flame fest, or personal attacks, then I say allow it. I find it interesting because I'm very involved in political discussion these days, and some people have a different view, or information that I may not be aware of. Therefore I learn from it. But I just take it for what it is: Someone else's opinion.

8. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Agreed.

I didn't think that the locked thread was really getting all that out of hand. However, I can certainly see where things can escalate quite rapidly and everything goes down the toilet, hahaha.

9. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

Yes, that sauce was saliva-based.

I spend most of my time contributing to zesty political related OT threads on the local MTB site. I'm happy to do it here too.

BRING IT!

10. COBBsoobyStage1

COBBsoobyStage1 New Member

Hows about we just do what this site was made to do... share and enjoy our suby-love? There's enough political crap going on outside of this forum... lets live in a vaccum where everyone is aweXome and blown engines or not making our psi goals is the the biggest problems.

:ugh: