website unsafe

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Front Office' started by thunderdan1313, Apr 29, 2010.

1. thunderdan1313

thunderdan1313 New Member

so my internet tells me that this website is unsafe. never had this before first time iv ever seen it on the site 12:30pm 4/29/010

2. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Please be a little bit more detailed.
    What browser are you using and are you using an anti virus
    do you have addons, adblock, WOT (no it's not what you think it means)

"my internet tells me" sorry dude that statement makes you sound... like you donno what you're talking about at all.

Had to edit that, I don't have a desire to start a fight.

3. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Google ads have been letting some SHADY ads in lately. (Work computer has alerted me as well)

Google is supposed to filter those out, but, well... Not always.

4. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

google ads ARE FILTERED. If you people would read the explanations russ gives you, you'd know that. All of the ads taht are suggestive are turned off. They can't come in here. At all.

The only thing that I'd consider an issue are the pop ups and guess what, mnsubaru doesn't use those.

Did you have anything else open while looking at this website? Is it a popup you get that tells you this? If so, I recommend spyware removal. MNSubaru does not have pop up ads, ever.

Can you take a screenshot? Alt+prtscrn and paste it into paint.

5. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

What I had a few weeks ago from work was an ad (FLASH enabled ad) and Firefox alerted me that it was a phishing site.

This was only ONCE. Ever.

6. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Then we need the address where that came from so it can be added to the filter. Adserving works like adblock, you choose which lists you want visible.
    We can't control what admakers do, though, and if they code something that does popup but looks like a standard text ad, google doesn't know the difference.

7. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, unfortunately, your question/problem is no different than me going out to the general forum and telling people my car doesn't work and asking for help.

I am guessing that it is coming from a certain ad. If you find out what ad it is (with a GOOD description), I can block that ad.

At the same point, I have yet to get any of my spyware/anti-virus stuff to give me any alerts.

Russ

8. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

"this is not a joke"

"this is not a joke"

I didn't want to start a new thread.

I getting a lot of popup adds,
    when ever I see the "this is not a joke" add.

macbook:safari

I've rebooted, tried other sites,
    MNsubaru was the only website open.

9. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

OK. We'll get it added to the filter so it doesn't show. Sometimes they slip through

10. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

at least Phi11 did it right.. cant do anything till you guys see what is actually happening ;)

Yay Phi11.. you rock

11. emjayem

emjayem Well-Known Member

My pop-up blocker has been blocking left and right today with this site, only.

12. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, I did try a different ad company. They have since been removed, so it is just running on the google ones again. Let me know if anything else pops up.

Russ

13. MMC_555

MMC_555 Well-Known Member

I had this happen twice a couple of hours ago... Seems fine now.

14. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

I thought we were going to be done with ads when the donate thermometer hit $500 to support the site? What happened to that? I use adsense at home but my work uses an old version of ie and I don't want crap popping up there where I can get in trouble, (yes i know i shouldn't be on mnsubaru at work).

15. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

There are multiple reasons to keep the ads up. Since we hit out donation mark, no donations have been made since. Gives our vendors a chance to market to their target audience. It also gets everyone off the hook for having to donate. Everyone only has to see 2 ads. That is not terrible. Most sites have more than that WITH adblock running. The extra money that is generated from the ads will go to help cover hosting and help pay for future events and merchandise. Also, the $500 is PER YEAR, so really in 2 months, it will be back up and at zero again.

Russ

16. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Have ABP so this is all I can provide, but I did get this popup.

So this is somewhat of a warning, remember if you get this, don't enter ANYTHING, Just close it.
    If someone who doesn't have ABP enabled gets it could you post a screenshot (like phi11's up there) so Russ knows what to get rid of? Thanks.

17. john

john Well-Known Member

Firefox + adblock plus == goodness.