What did you do to your subaru today?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by PRA4SNO, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

This was last weekend, but tested the structural integrity of the rear tow hook on the Legacy. Figured better safe than sorry, so tested it in the safety of my own driveway rather than wait until it's buried in 6' of snow in a ditch (because that's how much it would take to stop this beast).

We're doing a little "landscaping" at the new pad since this is our first spring/summer here. Closed and moved in last fall so really didn't get to attack anything right away. There were 3 totally overgrown shrubs right next to the driveway so I hacked all the bushy stuff off before winter to prevent the frustration come snow removal time (they were hanging well over the driveway). Fast forward to now and we're pulling the remaining "stumps" out of the ground. It's landscape rocks for several inches, so screw digging...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, the wife wants this big one gone as well. It, too, is overgrown and mama doesn't like it. I will be attempting to yank this one with the Legacy, and fear not, there will be video!

[​IMG]

And she wonders why we keep this thing around...

TMF, MrBlue, joebush44 and 3 others like this.
  2. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Hook up both trucks and the legacy...you got this. Call me cuz I really want to watch this happen!

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  3. Jason C

Jason C Active Member

Thanks!! I'd love a dark gunmetal color if possible. If not, white or black would also work. I'm looking to stick the list on my MacBook Pro 13" which has the space grey color.

4. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Absolutely! You just have to come to Ohio to get them :confused:

Yea, sorry, I moved a couple weeks ago. Fortunately a single hole saw (buy name brand) and a titanium step bit (harbor freight is fine) are not too expensive. Very important tip for drilling with the hole saw....keep your RPM's low for metal! Keep your drill on the lowest speed, and depending on the drill (e.g. most drills), keep the trigger at half speed.

Good luck with the install, it really is not bad at all.

5. MinnesotaFTW

MinnesotaFTW Active Member

There were some large traces of black plastidip on one wheel from the PO. I did what any sensible person does, took lacquer thinner soaked rags, and spent the good part of 30 minutes in class getting all the dip off. Was worth it, it looks much better now!

6. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

A little late, but got the Legacy back from the body shop about a week ago, I think it looks better than ever. Deer hit damage is taken care of, also painted the grille insert body color and debadged the trunk while it was being worked on. It even had some company from @tangledupinblu 's BRZ sitting next to it (same guy worked on both).
    20180515_212451.jpg 20180515_212525.jpg

jubella2, ocie and tangledupinblu like this.
  7. pleiades

In bugeye news, I had my RT/front inner CV boot split today and fling grease on the down pipe. Caused a bit of smoke but was a quick fix, new (reman) axle and a little driving to burn off the remaining grease residue and it's good to go again. Also finally switched back to e85 for the summer and gave it a bath afterward, first one in months. Still loving the new JDM headlights and Prodrive grille too.
    20180515_175251.jpg

JuStaWRX, pillboy, MrBlue and 7 others like this.
  8. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

pleiades likes this.
  9. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

pleiades and tangledupinblu like this.
  10. drac77

drac77 Well-Known Member

pleiades likes this.
  11. Krazylegz1485

Someday I'd like to have something that nice.

jubella2, pleiades and tangledupinblu like this.
  12. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

What ya need see...is a company vehicle like he has.;)

MrBlue, pleiades and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  13. pleiades

Lol, it definitely does help. This thing's been a work in progress for 8 years now and I'm sure it wouldn't be nearly as nice if I were driving it daily. Mostly do it for myself to satisfy the car addiction but I always appreciate the compliments from you guys.

14. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

How's the beam pattern on those lights compared to stock?

15. pleiades

Can't give a full comparison because I went from halogens in the stock headlights to LEDs in these, but so far so good. They're the aftermarket replicas from DEPO, usually a set or two listed on eBay. The low beams are projectors and have a good tight pattern although they seem slightly high. Haven't had anyone flash me but I might try turning the bulbs to see if that helps. The high beams are the whole upper half (the reflector housing where our turn signals usually are) and they give a pretty wide pattern but still throw fairly far. Overall they seem pretty effective, my only complaint is that the harness doesn't clip together quite right so I have them held tight with cable ties. I've been meaning to get some night pics so I'll try to post some soon.

16. MrBlue

MrBlue Active Member

I thought I saw in the listing the reflectors are halogen bulb only for the Depo jdm replicas. The seller was Neondials on e-bay.

When are we getting the mafia together for a spirited drive?

tangledupinblu likes this.
  17. pleiades

Yeah you're right about the seller not recommending LED, pretty sure I remember reading that too. Decided to give it a shot anyway because I'm an idiot like that sometimes. The light output doesn't seem to be an issue but I had to make my own dust caps and swap a few wires for the LED bulbs to work.
    And yes I would like to get a few of us together, the Tue/Fri meets never work for me and it'd be nice to do something for those of us around the border. Plenty of twisty roads and small-town bars to keep us entertained around these parts.

18. MrBlue

MrBlue Active Member

I should have the wagon back together on Friday... maybe sat or sun?

19. pleiades

Sounds like a possibility. My daughter has a volleyball tournament in Amery all day Saturday but no plans other than that. Might need to post something in the event section and tag all of our bugeye brethren...

MrBlue likes this.
  20. MinnesotaFTW

Someone posted a Perrin Lightweight Crank for $50 and I snagged it in 5 minutes. Drove to St Cloud at midnight just to get it so my car could run. Subaru life.

[​IMG]

silver03 and ocie like this.
  21. Krazylegz1485

Gainz...!

MinnesotaFTW and tangledupinblu like this.
  22. MinnesotaFTW

It has an idle lope... I love it.