What is it??

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by imprezed, Nov 26, 2008.

1. imprezed

imprezed Well-Known Member

So, i took my whole intake set up off to figure out what are the oil in my turbo/intake tube is coming from. I noticed that up to the turbo silencer, or what you want ot call it, is dry, but from then on i have oil. i don't think it's my turbo now, as i previously did. but i think i found where all the oil is coming from. I have a 91 legacy turbo, and on the silencer box thing, there are three lines that come into it, two vacuum and one big hose. I'm just wondering if anybody knows what on the other end of the hose? And why i would be blowing oil into the silencer?

Also, i ahve a weird boost thing going on. Everyonce in awhile when i start going, my turbo will start boosting with me barely on the throttle and it seems like it looses power when i get on it alittle more, once i drive it around some more it seems to clear up? could it be related to the oil in the intake? or any other thoughts.

Thanks!

2. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

recirculation...it's normal. You have hoses that come off the cylinder head and connect in front of the intercooler. One of the hoses goes back to the turbo inlet...that's where your oil is coming from and a oily film inside the inlet is normal

3. WRXEcho

WRXEcho Well-Known Member

^^^It's it.

4. imprezed

That's a different hose, i found those ones, but this is a hose that has a 1in I.D. it comes off on the bottom of the throttle body straight up to the intake silencer.

5. imprezed

6. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

What is IT?

7. WRXEcho

WRXEcho Well-Known Member

It's it.

sorry for going OT... but I had to. At least someone got it. :)