What is your most recent purchase? - pics required.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRX1, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

It's the biggest one they make (I think) so I can't really ask for more. Haha.

pillboy likes this.
  2. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

Finally pulled the trigger on a PS4. It's just the slim model, 1TB drive. I debated getting the Pro, but after looking at some comparisons online I couldn't justify the extra $150 for it. Walmart only had the Spider-Man bundle left when I braved the crowds Thanksgiving night. I turned around and sold the brand new Spider-Man game for $35 the next day lol.

If anyone is looking for me, I'll be in front of the TV until spring :facepalm:
    [​IMG]

tangledupinblu likes this.
  3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

What did it run you? Before the “new game” rebate? Lol

4. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

The bundle was 199
    So I'm into the system for $165 after selling the included game for $35.
    Plus $62 for RDR2
    $227 all in

I have a backward compatible 500GB PS3 with like 40 games, several controllers, docking charging station for the controllers, and headset that I am debating selling but no clue what the market looks like for used PS3's. Need to research, but I'd imagine the backward compatibility of it might be appealing to some?

5. Jason C

Jason C Well-Known Member

Not exactly a recent purchase, but the set up is fairly new. Finally pieced together my winter league recurve:

Hoyt Satori 17" riser
    Morrison Max4 medium limbs 44#@27"
    Mountain Muffler flemish string

All together gives a compact 60" AMO recurve. Should be fun working out the proper tune for this bow and the arrows. Leagues start tomorrow evening!

Satorimax4.JPG

6. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

Black Friday ended with a 55" Samsung 4k UHD Smart TV, a Samsung sound bar for the TV, and with new wireless noise cancelling Sony WH-CH700N.

7. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

I didn't know beavers had four balls!

I just lay some self-adhesive felt between the limb and string and have just the one set of balls (lol). Is it that much quieter putting the second set of beaver balls where you have them? Do you really need four balls and limbsavers?

*edit* I see. They're a feature of the bowstring that Mountain Muffler makes. Missed that. Are you just trying to silence it as much as humanly possible or is that just a loud setup?

I also don't see a sight or rest. Good for you! Off the shelf FTW.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Jason C and tangledupinblu like this.
  8. Jason C

Yup! Off the shelf and no sights! I occasionally do stringwalk so the set up can get fairly loud depending on how far my crawl is, and which arrow I use. The Mountain Muffler string and Limbsavers are to keep things as quiet as I can get since I would like to hunt with this bow and I just dislike loud bows. With a regular string, no Limbsavers, and lighter carbon arrows, I get a harsh crack if I have shoot at my crawl for 10 yards. Even with some negative tiller, it can sound harsh. When not walking, I shoot 3-under and things get much quieter - especially so when shooting fatter aluminums for the indoor season.

I find the Mountain Muffler string to be more effective at silencing recurves than the felt pad in the string groove. My opinion is that the pad does eventually get smooshed flat and compacted and loses its sound damping ability, whereas the fur puffs tend to maintain their shape better and cushion the string slap more. I've come to make my own strings with the fur puffs at the string lift point, but Steve at Mountain Muffler Strings does a much better looking job than me. My flemish strings always come out looking like trash.

9. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Nice. Good info too. I'm a noob. I just have an inexpensive non-ILF recurve. I monkeyed with string walking but like instinctive shooting 3 under. Maybe a little Gap while not trying, lol. Off the shelf. I like the simplicity. I think my next bow will be a longbow.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  10. Jason C

I've been shooting for over 20 years. Started in JOAD as a teen and continued shooting Olympic recurve to this very day. I took up traditional about 10 years ago as a way to fight target panic since it was the bow stripped down to its simplest form. Now I find myself shooting traditional style more than Olympic.

I've got a decent collection of some 2 dozen bows that I really ought to downsize... What kind of longbow are you interested in? What is your draw length and desired draw weight? Right handed? If you're looking for a bow, let me know. Even if you aren't interested in anything I have, being able to shoot a variety of bows will really help give you an idea of what you like so you can better make your selection when the time comes. I'm always up for shooting with someone. If you're in the northern burbs, come visit the Rapids Archery Club in Coon Rapids. Great club, great facilities, and even better people. We have a fun traditional league starting in January on Sunday evenings. Recurves and longbows only and it's a great time.

11. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Nice. I've been shooting less than a year. But I really enjoy it. There's a zen quality to it. Maybe I should try Kyudo, lol.

I shoot left handed since I'm left eye dominant, though I'm right handed. I imagine all your bows are right handed?

It would be good to shoot sometime. You can help me with my form! A1 archery here in Hudson has good ranges both indoor and outdoor. I'm also very close to the Hudson gun club which has a good archery range.

12. Jason C

Yes, right handed bows are what I own. I know some who are cross-dominant and shoot that way and are way better than me. Never been to A1 Archery. I do go over to Hudson now and then. Usually to go to the Bill's gun range that a friend who lives in Woodbury frequents. I'd love to come by and check out the range. How often are you there? Although I was a NAA level 2 instructor, I don't claim to be a great coach of form. Be happy to help, though!

13. Leonnosyt

Leonnosyt Member

Finally got around to using my gift card from jm from the cruise. Got some whiteline goodies for the wagon, front roll center kit to help the steering on the lowered car and rack bushings because everything could always be stiffer

[​IMG]

jubella2 and tangledupinblu like this.
  14. tangledupinblu

Very nice!

15. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

That's what she said...

16. Jason C

Got me a new STI! I'm amazed at the detail in these Kyosho AutoScale bodies. Nothing is a sticker. The lights are actual separate pieces of clear (or red) plastic and have actual chrome painted pieces inside to look the part. Emblems are actual tiny emblems glued into place. The STI emblem appears to be painted onto the body. Very cool.

Tamiya always was my opinion of the gold standard for realism in car models, but Kyosho is way up there as well. Even better that this one moves. I ended up ordering a second body just to keep sealed in the box so I'd have a safe queen to display.

Dang... I've spent too much on this little RC car already. So many cool upgrade parts at a fraction of the cost of the real car upgrades.

STI miniZ.JPG

STI miniZ2.JPG

pillboy likes this.
  17. tangledupinblu

Why are the mirrors silver? Looks pretty sweet

18. JaloP

JaloP Well-Known Member

Should be a little easier than stuffing the bike in the back of the hatch. Screenshot_20181222-194010-01.jpeg

19. Jason C

Yup. The mirror caps are painted silver. The "mirrors" are actually reflective.

Edit: sorry, misread your post. I don't know why they are silver. Might be some kind of special edition thing? I just noticed the rear window even has a wiper. Don't know why such features like head light washers and a rear wiper never made it to the USDM. Those make perfect sense here in road salt country

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  20. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

1547390912502289.jpg Didn't even make it home before we modded it. Surprised how different the Momo wheels make it look.

21. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

I like that color

22. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

23. mctenold

mctenold Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

jubella2 and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  24. tangledupinblu

Your head looks funny!?

Ntxhuav_Khang, pillboy and mctenold like this.
  25. Krazylegz1485

Where?!

26. mctenold

mctenold Well-Known Member

eBay! I have a search alert setup for vintage Subaru stuff. Maybe the best $35 ever spent.

It's made in the USA by Bula.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  27. loxx0050

loxx0050 Well-Known Member

I saw this was on sale and picked one up on the way to the office this morning (sitting in the back of my Outback right now):
    [​IMG]

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla...acity-Type-IAA-Duty-Rating-GLMPX-22/303903543

$99 is a pretty good deal for a 22ft reach ladder (19ft actual length for fully extended). The ladder I do have is a Werner 14ft reach that I found at times could be a bit short for some tasks. I also got a bonus 5% cash back rewards using my Chase Freedom too since it for Home Improvement this quarter.

Edit: turns out I have a 14ft reach not the 18ft version and fixed that. No wonder I was lacking a n height in some cases.

Also, I saw people complaining about the weight but once I picked it up didn't think it was that bad personally.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  28. tangledupinblu

Nice ladder...heavy than a mofo, but nice

29. tangledupinblu

Purchased last week, received them mounted and balanced today from Discount Tire. Hankook Ventus 12 Evo 2 summers in 225/45/17. Them ain’t no Prius tires no mo!

No, as you can see in the pic, they went on the shelf.
    DB238A3F-89E3-4262-A009-E9D536E6B9C6.jpeg C3C6EC2A-77B4-4DFA-BC0D-D1B8B15CB1F3.jpeg

Disclaimer: 4 rims with tires mounted to them in a BRZ is a tight fit. Despite what the internets say.

MidnightImpreza likes this.
  30. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

I hope those tires work better for you, than they did for me in the MINI... I think I got about 10k total on them, and they're already pretty much shot.

I don't have a pic handy while at work, but I traded in the FXT and picked up a 2019 GTI Rabbit Edition in Urano Gray.

jubella2 likes this.
  31. tangledupinblu

Hmmm. I didn’t see much for negatives in the reviews as far as wear goes on Tire Rack. It was between these, a set of Generals, or Firestones. Generals were the cheapest and the Firestones were the most expensive.

32. curly2k3

Yeah I didn't see much for negatives either, but Discount Tire even called Hankook with me and Hankook said they had no interest in replacing them as they must have been tracked on or abused.

Left a fairly sour taste in my mouth from Hankook AND Discount Tire in EP, since neither would do jack ****.

Needless to say, neither will likely get my business again, but at least I had gotten a $100 giftcard when I bought the tires....so...yay?

33. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

[​IMG]

jubella2, JuStaWRX and tangledupinblu like this.
  34. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

Derek hears it often

35. curly2k3

Hey thanks guy. That's the out with the old, in with the new.

36. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

37. curly2k3

I have cans for those.

38. tangledupinblu

Ooooooooooooooo!!!!

39. Krazylegz1485

Love these things. I think mine are Keller brand, but have two different sizes of them. So handy. And really not that heavy.

40. tangledupinblu

Quiet you! You’re not OLD!! I can barely lift our 12 footer anymore. Lol

Krazylegz1485 and pillboy like this.
  41. tangledupinblu

4C02339D-4666-43DA-ACB4-8C916A6E30EF.jpeg

42. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Got an S2000! Been looking hard for over 6 months and finally found a great one local to me. Georgia car its whole life and there is literally not a spec of rust underneath.
    White on red is super rare. It has a nice exhaust too, not too loud but 9000 rpm screams. This thing is so fun.

IMG_8941.jpg
    IMG_8938.jpg
    IMG_8942.jpg
    IMG_8939.jpg
    IMG_8944.jpg

Attached Files:

Jerf, pleiades, jubella2 and 3 others like this.
  43. tangledupinblu

44. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

Nice find! I've sat in one of those and you feel like your butt is on the ground.

45. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Yeah I fit in it no problem! Seat is just all the way back