What would you pay for a 2009 WRX?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by MNGman, Sep 16, 2019.

1. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

General question on what are Subarus worth. I've been wasting time looking at something to replace my 2009 WRX hatch. Subaru isn't coming through with anything similar, so I've been researching mid-sized SUV. (Audi Sq5, Acura RDX, and the Edge ST are tops...).
    This is a single owner car, original engine, (you read that right, frickin unicorn), Stage 2 tune by DB Performance with Cobb Turboback exhaust, AEM intake.
    Timing belt and water pump replaced last year, oil changes done at 3000 with Rotella oil and subaru filters.
    There are some minor cosmetic issues, but nothing major, interior is in good but not like new shape. (no tears, just some scrapes on plastics etc. )
    Multiple sets of Enkei RPF1 wheels, most original parts, new RE-71 tires, 2 year old winter tires on factory wheels.
    Multiple sets of suspension parts, currently on stock struts, with around 70,000 miles. I have a set of Bilstein struts by RaceComp Engineering and a set of AST 4150 coilovers.
    I know the aftermarket bits won't add value, but this is a great daily, with all the modern upgrades including a Apple Car Play/Android Auto stereo.
    KBB is giving me a value of <$7000. I haven't bothered to look to see what these are selling for in the open market.
    Just looking for some member feedback on what kind of luck you've had selling your own cars privately instead of trade in.

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

@tehfuzz ? He may have some input on that specific year.

3. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

No pics, no specific info (even miles), assumed limited service records, and the ugliest body style? $5k if its cleanish and not roached out, these provide nothing for me over a GD.

euro and Nhibbs like this.
  4. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

Dude. Not selling, just asking. Not roached out. Agree, got screwed on the body style. Base model, it's nothing special, but if Im unable to match a dealer offer on the open market, it's not worth the hassle.

5. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Fuxx had an 08 which is close but even worse...lol smaller turbo but just as ugly.

Definitely the worst looking WRX of all time. 06/07 FTMFW