Where do you store your car?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by JuStaWRX, Oct 16, 2013.

1. JuStaWRX

JuStaWRX Well-Known Member

I have been playing with the idea of picking up a new DD, but have a hard time parting with my WRX. It is fully paid off, and there have been many hours of blood, sweat, tears, and love in this car. Roger/NF just put a new motor in and I am loving it, and would like to turn it into a more project oriented car. It is at the point where other non-modded parts are starting to show their age, and on one hand, I see the investment in just upgrading, and on the other, I see a comfortable car payment towards a second vehicle.

In order to make this fully work though, I would like to find a proper storage place for the WRX. We have a nice sized two car garage, but especially in the winter, I'd like to have that DD parked inside. I am curious as to what others do for storage, and would like to know what a general price range of storage looks like.

Am I thinking unrealistically? The WRX is by no means show car material, but it's fun, and has potential for more fun over the next few years, and I would like to have a vehicle with a little more size, and for the wear and tear of DD.

Thank you for any input/advice!

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Id park the WRX in the garage in the winter. Get a strong cold cranking amp batter and a remote start for the DD in the winter

Id be afraid that the WRX would start to go downhill if it wasnt driven a lot and kept outside

3. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Agreed. I store 1 car in the garage, the other outside with a tarp under and cover over (moisture) as well as the usual rodent protection stuff, and keep my dd outside so the woman can use the other stall. In the years that I've used storage it's ranged from free to about $100 a month. Which was just a bit more than the difference between storage and full coverage insurance during the 6 months of storage. So I justify it as reallocating funds from insurance to storage. TBH I haven't noticed any added wear on the stored outdoor car(s) compared to the indoor cars aside from needing a polish in the Spring thanks to the cheap car covers and my ocd. It's not like they salt the alley. Imagine it would be even less noticeable with a driveway.
    :shrugs: