White bear lake subaru

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Ravi, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Ravi

Ravi Member

Left with a sour taste in my mouth. Went in for wheel locks, they quoted me $10 over MSRP at the service counter, when parts quoted me the correct price over the phone just earlier in the day.

$20 to install, ok fine. Then get a misc. enviro fee. For wheel locks?

Get a quote for 30k service, came in at $550. Got a quote from my usual dealer in Moorhead for ~$350.

Small things, but this is the kind of stuff that will make me not return.

Would have hit up Morrie's, but work in Oakdale so it was convenient.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

They have to pay for that fancy new building somehow!! lol

DIRTY D likes this.
  3. Niz

Niz Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not a fan of White Bear Subaru either. When we had our legacy I went there for an oil change that came with those free inspections. When picking up, no mention of inspection results or anything else, just took my card and handed me the packet. In the report it said the car had a head gasket leak and it was "severe". Made me wonder if they just put that on every report.

Parts has been fine for me the couple times I've gone there. They even matched an online price that Morrie's wouldn't.

Also, I've tried to take my Saabaru to the new Subaru side of the dealership, but they just tell me to go to the Acura department. I've tried to explain to them what the 9-2x is but they don't seem to understand.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  4. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

I had bad experiences with them as well when I was taking my brz there for oil changes.

-Slow slow slow. With an appointment took nearly 2 hours to do an oil change....
    -Service manager and I got into it over tail light condensation and he pretty much told me to take a hike. (SOA took care of me on that)

5. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

I go there for parts but that's about it (Highlander is an awesome guy to work with, very friendly and knowledgeable). I tried going there for service once, to get the fuel line recall done on my bugeye. The service rep took one look under the hood and said they could do it but they'd have to charge me 2-3 hrs labor because of the mods on it (only thing that would've caused any extra work for them at that time was a FMIC). I told them to forget it and that if they just gave me the parts I'd do it myself, but they then charged me for the parts which were supposed to be covered by the recall because they weren't doing the work on it. Haven't been there since unless it was just for parts.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Ermahgerd a Subaru with mods!? No wayz.

pleiades likes this.
  7. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

I've had zero issues with them. Always been taken care of. Recalls and oil changes are in and out. If I needed to leave the vehicle, they would give me a rental for the day since I work to far for the shuttle.

8. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

I've had mixed results. I have bought two cars there and those two times the sales guys gave me a good deal and were good to work with. I also walked out one time because the sales guy was a tool. Parts has never treated me wrong. Service has been hit or miss over the years. Slow, as has been mentioned, and just always terribly friendly or helpful.

In my experience, you could say all of that about most dealerships.

9. Vektyr

Vektyr Member

Were these issues associated to the Acura Service Center? Ever since they finished the new Subaru building I have had far fewer issues, but when Subaru service was part of Acura I had far too many issues.

10. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

I have not been back since they split.

11. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Luther is where I learned what should have already been known: car salesman are not to be trusted and I hate haggling, not necessarily in that order.

Feel like parts makes up prices sometimes. $6 for a popit that cost $3.50 at walser, for example.

12. Kingnothin

Kingnothin New Member

I had a great experience buying my car at white bear. Got a quote via email after making a request online. The price was good from the start so I didn't need to haggle, and I never felt like I was getting any pressure. Made requests to all of the other twin cities dealerships and I think only one other gave me a number over email. Everyone else was, come down and let's talk (no thanks)

Service experience has been good as well, although the price did seem a bit steep when I got my 15k service recently. This is my first new car though, so I don't have any good reference points. They gave me a loaner for no charge (not sure if that's normal or not, first time I've gotten one) and when my work day ran long, they were fine with me keeping it overnight as well.

My 2 cents

tangledupinblu likes this.