who got your subie stuck today? Pics!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by TMF, Dec 11, 2010.

1. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Hello all,

So for the first time, I got the saabaru stuck. I drove where I thought the road was leading (following other tracks) and turned out to be the side of the road that wasn't plowed... 2+ feet. I got high centered - tires were off the ground.

Long story short, city plowed came and plowed behind me, shoveled and was able to back out. The pics don't really do it justice, but I was in there pretty good!

I actually saw a silver GC that drove by my stuck car and slowed for a bit...might have been a forum member!

First pic: I had already been digging
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Second pic: I was freeeee!
    [​IMG]

Last pic: These are the drifts that I had to bust through to get to my garage!
    [​IMG]

2. Matchbx

Matchbx Well-Known Member

I finally got the MR2 stuck in an Arby's entrance. I had no problem driving on the roads (got sideways from drift busting plenty of times) but got high-centered going into the entrance where the city plows had piled up some snow. Just about got out of it without help, but then got hung up. We had some of the workers from the Arby's helping me dig out, including the manager. Big kudos to them for the help. If you're in Eagan at Town Centre and are hungry, go to that Arby's. They were awesome to help out like that. They have a new customer now whenever I have a hunger for beef-n-cheddar sandwiches!!

3. carl

carl Well-Known Member

I got the wagon stuck leaving the shop today. the lot wasn't plowed and the shop is located in a windy area - by the time martin and I left the drifts were hood high in some areas. I smacked one of the drifts, front suspension completely unloaded. martin had a tow strap so we yanked it back off and I took a more aggressive running start which worked out

4. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

i burried mine in the parking lot at work trying to park it. pics in the snow fun thread. just said **** it and went to work. on break i went out there and rocked it back and forth 3 or 4 times and got out

5. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

my entire car was covered in snow, the snow drifts themselves being as high or higher than the doors and fenders, my car went no where today. so its technically still stuck

6. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

We got about 6 flakes of accumulation up here :mad:

7. Physicker

Physicker Member

Mine was stuck in the garage until a buddy from work came over and plowed the drive way.

8. 03subyR

03subyR Well-Known Member

We got 21.5" here in Shakopee drove to work fine at 4pm had to turn traction control off but on the way home at 9pm got myself stuck, all wheels off the ground. If my car had another 2" of clearance I would have been fine.

9. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

got mine stuck coming up the hill to my place... anyone who has been out here would understand.. hit a 100ft long 2+ft drift....

Wife bought the plow truck and I plowed in front and behind and tugged it out a little...

then about 7 hours later.. I used the subie to pull the plow truck out of the ditch that I dropped the front wheels into...

after the subie pulled her out
    View attachment 23859

what I was moving all night in 2 driveways... 6hrs of plowing to clear 2 country driveways... fun fun
    View attachment 23858

10. tank1987

tank1987 Well-Known Member

Got mine stuck at the end of driveway, live in the country so the wind was blowing and drifting like mad, 2 ft drift at garage door I made it through backing out, but as I continued to the end of the driveway I got high centered, moved alittle snow in front and behind and got out no problem. Pics in the snow thread

11. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Yeah, I know. My girlfriend is pissed that I didn't come up there to visit her this weekend.

12. tank1987

6 flakes maybe Im dumb but you just mean 6 in right? Your unhappy about the amount? We got 18.5 where Im at

13. StanmoXT

StanmoXT Well-Known Member

well got her stuck on 45th and Colfax in so mpls yesterday... the plow company that plowed 2 of the houses out just left it in the middle of the street. Then my car threw a CEL while trying to get it unstuck... I'll have to get that checked out. 11 hour day of working and over 100 miles of driving yesterday. from NE mpls to Rogers and back, then to Uptown and back, plus little other stuff in there.

14. Jackstand

Jackstand Well-Known Member

I got my subi stuck when the motor blew up and i was going 35mph and hit a 5 foot snow mound

15. Grayguy

Grayguy Well-Known Member

No, he means he's upset because we were supposed to get like 6-10" and all it did up here was snow for about 15-20 minutes and that was it. stupid lake.

16. tank1987

Ah gotchya, that is very annoying, yeah living down here we always get screwed on snow amounts Im always looking at how much you all up north are getting and am always so jealous all the time of it. Suprised we actually got as much as we did...

17. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

yea, we got essentially nothing. A light dusting in the afternoon, and then it just got cold.

18. tank1987

Thats definetly unenjoyable ...

19. emjayem

emjayem Well-Known Member

I got mine stuck in the left lane of hwy 694 westbound at about 4pm yesterday. I was cruising along just fine and then BAM a huge snowdrift was in the left lane and sucked me in. Damn near scraped along the center divider, but I was able to control it until I came to a stop in the middle of the left lane. Stuck. sat for about the longest 15 minutes of my life with my fiance in the pass. seat, watching cars, trucks, and semis come up behind us and swerving out of the way at the last minute. ****ing scary, to say the least. Never thought I would be happy to see the police light up behind me, pushed us out with his bumpers and we were on our way. Next big blizzard storm, I'm staying home.