Who has which turbo?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Paul Revere, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

It's tuned for 21.4psi and tapering off to 18.5 @ redline.

2. Rexwagon

Rexwagon Well-Known Member

Ive got an 18G on my 2.0L

3. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

That sounds about perfect.

This is the compressor I want. Its a GT3782, but I want one in a ball bearing water cooled version. I'd have to have Precision put one together for me probably.

Anyways, these things kick ass. Its capable of 20psi at hair before 3700rpm on a 2.2L and stays in the meat of the efficiency range to redline. I plotted a point at 25psi for ****s and giggles and it still looks good.

Granted this would be when I put decent heads on with decently aggressive grind on the cams to reach a .95 VE. 130 degree inlet temp may be a hair high for a front mount too.

[​IMG]

4. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

Wow, that's impressive^ Really!

5. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

I know, thats why I want one baddd. I just want it to be water cooled as the GT3782 is an oil cooled journal bearing turbo as it comes from Garrett. I'd need a custom unit.

I plotted another point after the fact with 10 degrees lower temp and reving to 7500 rpm, and you'd have to lower the boost to not cross the choke flow line. That would be fine as you could get more flow out of it to about 55 lb/min, or 550hp or so.

6. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

Hey Chet, didn't I give you a ride in my car yet?
    I do really like this turbo. I'm sure I'm close to 300whp at the boost I'm running; 20-22psi on pump. Went to Brainerd this last Wednesday and ran a [email protected] w/ a 1.813 60' RWD-ish launch. I wished Wednesday was cooler. Heat soak sucked. Plenty quick and fun!

My little turbo can get you in trouble quick. You've seen the 0-70 video. That's with 3 people in the car. Also I choose this turbo because of the rebuildability.
    EVO3-16G-8cm^2 from SlowBoyRacing. It's almost JDM. lolz

Fuji

7. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Thanks Fuji, I may have to take you up on that ride ... I have a feeling turbo plans went south though :(

8. dipp

dipp Well-Known Member

you need to watch my car and Fuji's car go from a dig. I am really intrested to see who would be the quickest 60ft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.