Who is Elite Motorsports?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by jackbauer, Jan 30, 2010.

1. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

To anyone still white-knighting this place, or saying that it is under new management...this was posted TODAY, he said he was working with DAVE at Elite Motorsports. That's DAVID LAVALLE. He's a hack 'mechanic' that sells salvaged cars that he buys at auction, 'fixes' them, and resells them. This place is a TOTAL SCAM! I don't know why we still need to have this discussion, but we do. I looked back over the comments and saw EXOTIC basically blowing them and typing in italics like he was being provided things to say.

WORLD MOTOR CARS aka ELITE MOTORSPORTS @ 324 Concorde Exchange, Saint Paul, Minnesota is a SCAM. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO THEY HAVE HIRED TO BE THEIR LITTLE FRONT DOOR SOCK PUPPET, IT IS ALWAYS DAVID aka DAVE LAVALLE BEHIND THE SCENES. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE DAMN PLAGUE!

Aegis likes this.
  2. readymix

CORRECTION! It appears they have moved to Eagan. Same name though. Google Reviews are lol-worthy as apparently they are telling people that the bad reviews are coming from competitors. Time to post a link to the WMC thread again it seems.

Elite Motorsports LLC
    1299 Eagan Industrial Rd # 103 Eagan, MN 55121‎

3. readymix

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I thought the same thing when i saw him, his avatar, and comments in italics. Maybe it's David again? He WAS a member before when Taras was having issues with him wasn't he? That or else "Exotic" has Elite Auto confused with Elite MS's. Either way, don't listen to him or his posts. Even if he had 1 or 2 successful purchases through EMS's, we've had 100 that were negative and ended in threatened lawsuits.:facepalm:

I've always thought that it was funny that he'd have a wrecked car...would ask for a deposit and then give the buyer the option to "create whatever they want" from the POS that he has sitting there in pieces. And then would give them half of the **** that they requested and would leave 65% of the "key/most important" vehicle components off of the car.(Probably sold the extra parts on Craigslist)lullz

5. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

6. StanmoXT

StanmoXT Well-Known Member

2010 SUBARU FORESTER W/ CUSTOM XT STYLING AND 3 YEAR EXTENDED WARRANTY UNTIL MID 2015! RECENTLY SOLD TO ANOTHER HAPPY CLIENT. THANKS AGAIN MARTIN

[​IMG]

tangledupinblu likes this.
  7. aqua

aqua Well-Known Member

here we go again!!!! lol

8. dark_stalker

dark_stalker Well-Known Member

Don't we have sticky on this ?

9. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

Can't we put this guy out of business somehow...? Not to mention that Googling Elite Motorsports LLC comes up with the legitimate Elite for the first result and the google reviews for WMC second....Changing your name to be the same as another legitimate business is shady at best.

10. James Grandlund

James Grandlund Member

So is this place still up and running and still the same issues? I'm looking for some head gasket repair for a Forester and hoping not to pay through the roof but obviously also looking to avoid shotty work.

11. euro

euro Well-Known Member

you realize this thread is over 2 years old right?

12. James Grandlund

James Grandlund Member

Yeah, just thought someone who had posted back in the day might have some up to date info on whether or not this dude has turned legit or if it's still got the same issues? Had reached out to them about a week ago and got a great estimate but once I read this thread figured I'd see what's up with the place.

13. xtea

xtea Member

I had them do some work on my car before I found this site. Dave is mostly a nice guy to talk to. They did tell me I needed a new head gasket without doing a fluorocarbon test, which later turned up negative. When I confronted him about the negative reviews I found later he got testy quick. They did give me a free loaner to drive which was nice but I know I overpaid for some parts of the work. $200 to remove a banjo bolt which I later realized was an easy thing I could have done.

I would pm NF about the work you need done and compare estimates. NF practically undercharges. They shoot much straighter and infact they have had to repair Elites repairs. Their response times are little slower then some but they are good people.

14. xtea

xtea Member

What are you looking to have done?

Edit: just saw you needed a HG. Don't let elite touch it, have NF do it. Or try to do it yourself. Honestly I'd love to learn to. If you decide to take it on and want a extra pair of hands on a Sunday or week night let me know.

Edit edit: hg's are not for faint of heart, and you will need a back up car if you try to DIY.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  15. tehfuzz

tehfuzz Well-Known Member

Plenty of other shops out there to hit. Don't deal with shady shops.

NF, RS Motors, Devoted, etc will take good care of you.