Who knows of a good tuning shop in the twin cities

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by r32657, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r32657

r32657 Well-Known Member

I was looking only at Protuner, but now I think I could Just sell the Accessport and buy the VF22 and injectors, then go with what ever tunning software, like Ecutek etc. that the tuner is well versed in. So, who in the Twin Cities is a good tuner of WRX's regardless of software?

2. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

A few of the guys on here seem to be pretty well versed with the UTEC setup.

3. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

why don't you just keep the access port and get a street tuner?? That should be easy enough to tune. If not, the utec has the most local support around here.

Russ

4. r32657

r32657 Well-Known Member

I thought about that, but I have no experience tuning. So, not sure if I want to practice on my only car.

5. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

well, I can help ya out with the street tuner. I don't have any experience with the street tuner, but I do have alot of experience with the utec. I also have a wbo2 so I know we can get the fueling and such dialed it. It will just be a matter of getting used to the software. I will have a street tuner soon.

Russ

6. r32657

r32657 Well-Known Member

I have never used an 02wb, but the scoobysport uppipe is supposed to be tapped for it. How soon are you planning on getting the tuner? I'm not in a hurry, but am looking to ge things set for later this summer.

7. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

A wideband oxygen sensor is not supposed to be placed pre-turbo. It goes in the downpipe somewhere. The uppipe you have has a hole tapped for the stock EGT sensor in all likelihood.

8. r32657

r32657 Well-Known Member

Oh, well the exhaust came off of a rally car out west, so the uppipe was tapped for something different, since Todd Erickson installed the setup and said it was for something like a wide band 02 or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.