Why did you buy your Subie?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Dynapar, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asiandude

asiandude Well-Known Member

i wanted a change.

2. joegengsta

joegengsta BANNED

i got mine from north of the cities.. dangit, i forgot the name... gr... :(

3. hofit

hofit Well-Known Member

I'm selling my '01 Prelude soon after my '04 STI arrives. I didn't want to sell the Lude but I have no choice. 2dr front drive with 2 kids in MN just doesn't work out compared to AWD 4dr where the stroller WILL fit into the trunk. I have suspension mods in the Lude and there was no way I was going to down grade and get some sloppy feel 4dr. STI with Tein coilovers was the only way to go!

4. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

---> Get the Whiteline or SuperPro steering rack bushings. They'll make a HUGE difference. Whiteline's Anti-lift kit also made a noticable difference in turn-in response on my BC.

Got my first legacy in '98 when my first car broke beyond repair(66 impala). Totaled my '90 Leggy in '01 and wanted another. I stumbled across a '93 AWD 5MT and haven't looked back. This summer she'll get her just reward for putting up with 100k miles of abuse.:biggrin:

Nobody can deny the interchangability of parts in these cars. All drivelines from '90 to now in Legacys, Imprezas, and Foresters are mechanically interchagable, for the most part. I love the fact that I am putting a transmission from an '05, engine and rear diff from a '91, coilovers for a GC, and a host of other parts in my '93 that works for all of them.

5. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

are you sure about that statement? If you are driving in the winter i have heard the Teins dont fair the salt to much...

6. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

^^ yeah i have heard that too. what coilovers are they? cuase having very stiff springs in the winter might not be as nice as you think.

IMO go pink or go home lol

7. hofit

hofit Well-Known Member

You are correct. It's a matter of keeping them coated and washed. They rusted on the Lude's and I'm sure it'll rust on the Subie.

As for winter driving, they are fully adjustable from inside the car so it won't be an issue.

8. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

I got my car cheap :)

9. bluebaru06

bluebaru06 New Member

Needed a car, my Dad saw a review of the "new" '02 WRX on speedweek. They loved it so he recomended it. I thought he was nuts, the only Subaru's I had ever seen were the original cheesebox subys from the '70's. Went for a test drive anyway just to shut my dad up...second gear I was stunned, third gear I was in love, 4th gear I had to have it. Left the VW on the lot and drove the WRX home. After 4 years I needed an acceleration upgrade and bought an '06 STi...simply the most fun I've ever had in a car with my pants on.

As long as Subaru keeps making STi's I'll keep buying them.

10. homang88

homang88 New Member

Loved the '04 STi when it came out, and taking a ride in it. Just wanted a good safe car to drive (my '04 RS) until I am ready for a powerul car like the STi. AWD also rules, makes me feel more uncomfortable in RWD and FWD cars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.