WHY ME!!!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Dynapar, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

well today..... was less then perfect. after finishing my physics lab (which took 2x longer than it should have)

i was leaving school. there is a goofy intersection where 2 parking lots meet and then blend into in/out to the road. well i stop (at a sign) let teh incomign traffic go by. let the guy on my right go by(he was there first) then i start to go(i was turning to the left). as i start to go a jeep stop at the sign across from me. i am about half way through the intersection. then the jepp starts to go (very slowly) i cut the corner sharp so we dont collide. (the area i am turnign into is big enough for 2 lanes. i turned into the closest one.) at this point i thought the jeep was gonna squeez by and use the other lane. well he turn and didnt turn very sharp and goes right into me. my mirror folded back (thank God for folding mirrors) his bumper pushed into my door panel making one ginormous dent. and bending the body line in the door.

anywho. we pulled into a parkign spot. his jeep was fine (had some green paint on his rubber trimmed bumper) he claimed i ran the sign. which was stupid cause i stoped to let incomign traffic through. i was ticked, and i didnt want to mess with him, insurance or police. so we called it even and left.

[​IMG]
    there was no mechanical damage to my car. luckily he missed my brand new fender. and the dent didnt get near the rear quarter so its just on 1 panel.

looked into getting a new skin for the door. called morries and apperntly they dont make skins for doors. and was quoted at 400 somethign for a new unpainted door. luckily with soem help i found a door in color in kentucky for $225 shipped.

we will see how that works.

drive carefully. (cause some people just dont know what the he** they are doing)

2. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

That sucks.. I woulda made him pay for it (in some way or another;).)

3. morganm

morganm New Member

Called it even? I'd have called him a moron for saying I ran the sign and took his insurance info. :(!

Sorry bout the door man; think U Pull has one for ya?

4. Dynapar

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by morganm

Called it even? I'd have called him a moron for saying I ran the sign and took his insurance info. :(!

Sorry bout the door man; think U Pull has one for ya?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

i dont think u pull has one. its a coupe. so its a little more rare.

5. kubafett

kubafett Well-Known Member

Come martin you should've kicked his ass:D
    sorry about what happened though:(

6. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I would have called the cop... he's at fault a 100%. Should have his insurance pay for it.

7. AWD 101

AWD 101 Well-Known Member

sorry to hear :(
    i know it's too late now, but for anyone else/next time - always get insurance information, even if you don't think there was any damage. accidents suck a whole lot, but having to pay for something out of pocket can suck a whole lot more. even if the other person is an ass about it usually you won't have to deal with them again, just your own insurance agent (that's what you pay them for.) the guy who hit you got off way too easy it sounds like.
    having had my share of accidents, one of them serious, at the end of the day it's just a car and you're still alive - that's the most important thing. only thing you can do is learn from it.
    i don't know much about this, but you could think about filing a hit and run, or even just say that you weren't able to get their insurance information... but that might be more work than just doing the repair yourself. well anyways - good luck m8

8. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

we should all go to his house and demand money

9. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

:( Sorry for your loss. Either you pay for the damage or you pay the insurance for 3 years.

10. Dynapar

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kickin_81

:( Sorry for your loss. Either you pay for the damage or you pay the insurance for 3 years.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

its almost cheaper for me to do it this way.

11. Klesk

Klesk Well-Known Member

Dude that totally sucks. I was in an accident once ant it feels awful no matter how hard the hit. At least it was a minor collision and your're ok. Back to searching for more body panels huh? Geesh!

12. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

i had a camaro for my first car, i had a horrendus frame bending/screwing around accident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.