why No waves from fellow Subie owners?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by SILVERwrx69, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Also, spotting. If you drive an NA RS like I do, you won't get spotted. Even though my car sounds like a wrx, and I see plenty of other subarus and sometimes I get a wave, never gets put into the spotted thread. The last time I was spotted was when Shibbs came over and saw my car in the driveway, which does not count.
    I donno why it is this way, but that's the way it is. It must be the hoodscoop... which I do not have. Those can be seen from far away, but apparently the rubles can't be heard even right next to someone. Guess that means it's time for more rubles.

And to the guy who said "I don't wave at NA subarus" ... that's part of the problem. Not all NA subarus are driven by old people and lesbians. ;)
    And if I am waving at a wrx and the guy doesn't even bother to wave back even though he's looked at me, well... that's kind of douchey. Just sayin.... this goes double douche in the case of mnsubaru stickers on the car.

2. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

I don't care what kinda car it is , I'll wave if someone is looking my way. It's a bit harder with tint and the cold gloomy winter weather. Come spring I'll have my arm out waving at first site.

3. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I know this. Used to get waves in my bug eye all the time, now with my 09 fxt, nothing. In summer mode it looks way different than stock and I still get nothing. I have even waved at MNSubaru members (swoosh in the windows) and still got nothing.

Russ

4. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

I tend to just wave or throw up the deuces to the hood-scoops or those that are non-stock at least (including tint and decals). Same goes for spotting. The rest of the time, I just assume they don't care.

5. SILVERwrx69

SILVERwrx69 Member

we should all start waving at the super old folks that drive subies. mostly see oldies drive foresters and legacy wagons. i drive a forester too does that make me old?

6. WRXCarl

WRXCarl Well-Known Member

Age is just a number its the mentality that counts

7. CGM2007WRX

CGM2007WRX Well-Known Member

I try to wave when I see other subys. But nobody loves me back!

8. SILVERwrx69

SILVERwrx69 Member

they aren't getting it. so i'm going to have to take drastic measures. i'm going to start blowing kisses to people in subies.

9. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

When they don't wave, do you get out of your car and throw a tantrum on the side of the freeway?

10. Jackstand

Jackstand Well-Known Member

No he takes his stage2 WRX stomps on the gas to get attention and speeds off like a honda

11. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

I wouldnt wave at you either, you smell of garbage.

12. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Careful Erik, you wouldn't want to hurt his self of steams.

13. Goodfellow

Goodfellow Member

This shouldn't even be a thread. Read the car and the drive before you wave at a random Subaru owner. First of all, Window tint, wheels, and exhaust doesn't mean there into Subaru's. What does everyone that gets into cars wanna do. Exhaust,Tint,Wheels... Also play in the factor that a lot of people buy the car as it sits, they don't put in the wrench time or care to search Minnesota Subaru Forums and come across this awesome site. When I see a STI or WRX or anything that could be a potential waver, I roll up on them slow and safely and when I get close enough if possible I will either make eye contact or smile so they are comfortable if its not a Enthusiast. Usually by this point the other person would have waved or not. If not then I just leave it alone and never bother to take my hands off the wheel. This is always better when your on the freeway though, because if you roll by in the right lane and there in the left. If they are part of the forums or at least understand the Subaru Love, Usually you will get them to show you a pull or two of there car. I always noticed that when I owned my WRX, They always waved and flew right on past me.

Side note: I have had people in G35's, Evo's, Miatas, 240's wave at me in traffic before.

14. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

I got waved at by a Lumina driving up to the cities on Thursday, not sure if it was someone on here or into Subarus, but I know I didn't know them.

15. WREX

WREX Member

I live about an hour and a half south of the cities and im the only person in my county with a wrx, I get the look from people like "hey, nice hood scoop, ya put that on with 3M tape?" If they only knew...hahaha. I still have cops looking at my car when im in gas stations or stores, just trying to figure out what the hell it is that im driving. Or maybe they are looking for something illegal to write me a ticket for. Surprising none of them must look at my windows, being they are way past legal.

16. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

I give you guys the single finger wave.

17. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

A few times people have asked me if the scoop comes stock, then have to explain to them that yes it does, and it's functional, not just for show. Tends to pique their interest and I give them a little info on the whole car.

I got a single finger wave for ya. ;)

18. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

ginger on ginger hate?

19. Glock_Turbo

Glock_Turbo Well-Known Member

I get wave all the time by evos, don't know if they just love the awd turbo thingy, cause i get a little itsy, from evo and suby being rival and all. but now i wave all the time to evos and they wave back and we drive side by side with respect. I usually see if they see me, if they're checking my car out, then i wave or salute, and that's when i get a wave back. I like it more on a really bad weather, when i see a suby and we just follow eachother and dust all the rest of the cars on the road, that's always better then a wave in my book!

20. john

john Well-Known Member

Waving is for teenagers. :)

21. Glock_Turbo

Glock_Turbo Well-Known Member

and for hot chicks in a suby, who's the hot chick in a white 2010 sti, driving along hwy36 in the morning? short blonde?