**Wild 08-09 thread**

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by badbennyb, Sep 20, 2008.

1. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

I would tend to agree with this, although we seem to be a special circumstance. Even when we don't take risks we still tend to screw something up and give the other team an odd man rush. Personally, I'd rather give up an odd man rush after getting a better goal scoring chance rather than flubbing up a pass in the neutral zone.

2. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

We don't have the talent level to take chances all the time. Plain and simple. But if our team is responsible defensively, meaning that when a d guy pinches, the center covers for him, we can take a few more chances. The team just doesn't have the talent level to be a run and gun team, so we have to make sure that we limit the other teams scoring chances. And until we can stack a team (like detroilet), we are better off being responsible for our own end. They get themselves into trouble when they play to not lose, instead of playing to win. Then the team gets stuck in their own zone, while the other team can cycle in fresh legs. We had a game where a couple of the d guys logged 2:30 shifts. Hell, even in one of the 2 last home games, on the PK both of our d guys played the whole PK plus some extra. Then they are gassed after that, and that is when the mental breakdowns start to unravel the whole night.

Russ

3. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

I'm a little confused. You say we need to limit the other teams scoring chances...but then you say we get ourselves into trouble when they play not to lose (ie: not taking chances). I agree that we don't have a whole lot of talent anywhere...however it's inevitable that we give the other teams gifts in the form of scoring chances. I'm just saying that I'd rather the wild get a scoring chance then have to back check their asses off than fiddle around in the neutral zone/defensive zone and give up the puck (see: Brent Burns this season).

4. webcrawlr

webcrawlr Well-Known Member

So Doug Risebrough is out the door, too.

5. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

wait...what!?

:runs off to Wild website:

zomg! There is a God!

6. Goalie

Goalie MNSubaru Goaltender

yeah just saw this on ESPN, if I were a Wild fan I would be jumping for joy

7. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

Wow...I can't wait to see what this summer brings to the team!

8. twofiveRS

twofiveRS Well-Known Member

x2

We are, thanks!

9. twofiveRS

Yes, this will be a very interesting summer.

10. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

:eek4::eek4::eek4::eek4::eek4::eek4:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

11. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

This is promising...

12. twofiveRS

Well who's going to come out on top in the east tonight?

Devils
    Canes

Rangers
    Caps

13. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

Devils and Caps

14. wall of tvs

I'm rooting for the Caps and the Canes......thus creating a Caps/Penguins series which would be ftw.

15. twofiveRS

Oooh boy, both games currently tied.

16. twofiveRS

Epic failure by the rangers in the last min. couldn't get the puck out of their zone.

Caps take the rangers

Canes take the Devils in the last 1:20. crazy.

17. twofiveRS

We went yesterday and picked out seats of our own for the 2009-2010 season. There was a pretty good selection in the 100 section but those were just too much for us at this point. So we picked some(basically the only ones available) in the 200 section. section 222 row 8. Pretty excited!

sorry for the really crappy picture, but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

18. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

It is SOOOOOOO far away from the ice.... We tried to get closer, but to no avail.

Russ

19. twofiveRS

Nice if you're a baller, we couldn't justify over $150 a game for a pair of seats. :biggrin:

When did you go? when we were there there were lots of seats open near the ice, sides ends and corners.

20. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

We are not baller, it is just our thing to do. We are not the people who go hit the bars every weekend, so our extra money goes to having season tickets so we have something to do all winter. Otherwise we would never leave the house.

We are in 112 row 11. Right about where the rink hits the right edge of your picture. When we went for out time (4:30), the only thing that was really any lower was some of the stuff on the sides. We don't want to spend another $880 plus just to get a couple of rows lower. And after sitting in the end, you get kinda spoiled that everything happens right in front of you. Its not like watching a tennis match.

Russ

21. wall of tvs

Yeah, the ends below the glass (basically anywhere "under" the goal line) are my favorite places to sit. The sides are only good if you are up high enough; otherwise there are huge blind spots due to looking through angled glass.

22. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

23. wall of tvs

Malkin for Weller trade!!!!!!!!

24. wall of tvs

buh-bye Gabby....can't wait to watch Clutterbuck lay your panzy ass out next season. :laugh:

25. Goalie

Goalie MNSubaru Goaltender

It was very obvious he was going to the rangers when they traded Gomez away, and followed that up with signing Brashear. I hope Ranger fans enjoy watching him play 10 games a season.

26. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Good thing I got a jersey with no name on it... I would've chosen Gabby or Rolston at the time. Unfortunately, I did get a couple T-shirts with their names/numbers.

27. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I am kinda excited about next season. Gabby will play all 82 games and rack up his 100+ points, then all the haters will say it is because of JL and the system.:rolleyes:

Hopefully Havlat has his injuries behind him, the last thing we need to is get rid of one injury prone star to pick up another.

Lets finish off the week by picking up Saku on the cheap.

Russ