**Wild 08-09 thread**

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by badbennyb, Sep 20, 2008.

1. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

Wild boards stopped loading for me a while ago...I'm sure I'm not missing much besides threats directed at DR :)

2. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Arg... its always so close this time of year. Alot of things havent been going our way, mainly alot of small things during the games which hurt us in the long run.

Clutterbuck got called for diving after he took a shot to the face..... Boogard got a 5 game suspension for an elbow, while whatshisface only got a 4 game suspension for lumberjacking Koivu's leg and breaking it! So many bad calls either dont get us a power play or put us in the box making it harder for us to score.

Atleast we signed Backstrom. That is a good thing. Now just so he doesnt groin himself like Groinerick always does we will have something to start with. ARG!

3. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

Some guy offered up $10 to anyone who would throw a shoe at DR during his next press conference. :laugh:

4. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

:banana:

5. wall of tvs

Yeah, just don't confuse your shoe with a hockey skate. :eek4:

6. Goalie

Goalie MNSubaru Goaltender

A big biach to go along with all the other big biaches we have :laugh::laugh:

7. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I guess at this point I am ok with doing nothing. It would have been nice to get rid of Gaby, but he has not done a damn thing, so he is worth a big mac right now. What else do we really do?? I guess you can try selling off some of the 3rd/4th line guys, but who really wants them?? No point in moving Harding now. The teams that are heading to the playoffs don't really need good goalies. Really, unless someone threw a nice juicy bone in my lap, I probably would have held on to what we have. From here on out tho, Harding would be playing 50%+ of the remaining games. He will either have it or not. If he has it, we can trade him this summer when teams are trying to build for the new year. I would be trying to pick up Camallari from the Flames and see what falls into place after that.

Russ

8. wall of tvs

Oh quit being reasonable.

FIRE DR!!!!!!!!!! lolz.

9. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I am not saying that we shouldn't fire DR, I am jumping onto that bandwagon more and more every day. But I guess I would rather do nothing than pick up Chris Simon. At this point, I would be making damn sure that Harding looks like a rockstar on the ice so we can get something good for him. If it wasn't for dip**** Doug, we wouldn't be in the hole we are in now.

Russ

10. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

I am all for playing Harding alot to make him look awesome. There are a fair number of teams out there who could use a goal tender like him, which is good for us. I am terribly POed at Groinerick like everyone else is that he is getting paid to sit on his butt. The worst part of it is that we wont be able to get any good trades for him. A friend of mine has a theory and I think he is 100% right on it. Gaby will sign a one year deal this summer with someone for 5-6 Mill. Prove that he is now fully healthy and no longer has groin issues then the following year sign a big multi year deal elsewhere.

Saku Koivu anyone?

11. wall of tvs

You missed my sarcasm....your thoughts are (and have been) right in line with how I feel.

12. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

I hate how our play fluctuates from period to period!!!!!!

I think we need to go back to fundamentals. Lets start out with passing! Lead the player with a pass...don't pass it behind him! Step two, don't bunch up! We looked like a bunch of squirts all chasing the puck leaving people wide open in front of the net! Step three, keep your feet moving! I don't know how many times I saw the puck end up on the stick of a Wild player while he was flat footed!

13. wall of tvs

Agreed on the passing. I don't ever recall another year where there were as many passes that end up in their skates as this year.

Oh, and lol at the backhand dump-in goal last night.....mwahaha.

14. Goalie

*sigh* with Nabokov in net we don't lose that game, I think Greiss will start against the Nucks if Naby is still out. The 2 new guys should be in the line up Saturday to fill in some of the injury gaps. McGinn looks like he's going to be good but needs some more time in the minors still.

15. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

It seems as though California cannot keep good ice...

Maybe it's a sign that hockey doesn't belong there :D

16. Goalie

People keep saying that, but the Sharks for example are in the top 10 for game sell outs, they lead the league and the fan base is very loyal. There are a lot of really nice ice facilities in the SF bay area, frankly some of them are nicer than most but certainly not all around here. Here it's great because there's one in every town and in the winter you can just go play outside. But yes ice is very hard keep out there, I once had a tournament in a horrible rink inside a mall (Fashion Island if we have any other Cali people on here) it was like playing on slush, my pads were soaked they weighted like 50lbs. each. I would stand on them squish tons of water out of them after the game.

I think hockey does not belong in the South, as has been proven by dismal ticket sales and teams in Florida(2), Atlanta, Nashville, etc. Phoenix is pretty pathetic too.

Bring back the Whalers, the Jets and the Nords!

17. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

I was just kidding about hockey in Cali ;) I share your pain of playing on slushy ice. I had a couple tournaments in Florida and Tennesee. How did your pads get soaked? I was a goalie too and had no issues with my leg pads! Even some rinks here in MN over the summer had issues keeping their ice!

Anyway, back on topic here! Win over Anahiem! Is it just me, or do we look like a bunch of chickens with our heads cut off once we leave our defensive zone (and sometimes in our defensive zone too)!

18. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

If we do somehow make the playoffs...it's going to be really embarrassing :(

19. Goalie

I had old leather and deer hair stuffed pads, followed up by some sweet:rolleyes: cooper durasofts.

20. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

Oh lol, I remember the old cooper durasofts. I bought a set at a used equipment sale for our neighborhood street hockey games :)

That must've sucked! And I thought putting on slimely glove and blocker sucked on those 2-game days!

21. twofiveRS

twofiveRS Well-Known Member

Lol Florida panthers fan exposes boobs at game.

NWS link

^^ the above site is legit but I wouldn't try and watch the video at work, there are both PG and adult versions of the video.

22. Goalie

Nice:eek3::biggrin:

23. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

I heard about this on the 93x morning show :)

On a side note...the Wild won't be televised tonight! Boo!

24. 9blackmax6

9blackmax6 Well-Known Member

my mom with..yup you guessed it! :D

[​IMG]

25. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

been there, done that. I would have to look for my picture. I got to hang out with the cup guy for a night when I worked all star game weekend. I also had to protect the bobble heads for a night. Everyone is a tough guy when they are fighting a piece of foam.:biggrin:

Russ

26. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

w00t!

6 to 2 biatches!!! :biggrin: Welcome back Maryanne Gayborprick!!! 2 goals, 2 assists... 3 goals in last two.

Gotta say, if that SOB played the entire year, it would be quite a differenct team adding about 30 goals and 30 assists to a lineup that desperately needed some scoring. Who knows in hindsight... Gotta say that even though he is quite obviously rusty, a bit slow on his stride, and a general lack of puck handling and quickness compared to what we have seen in the past, he has added something to the old offense. Only royal pain in the ass is that Koivu is hurt on a flukey play from Sunday's game, which is a big loss.

Could almost see them making a run if he can return, with enough games left, but it might be too little too late.

Here's my question for all, how do we get better next year after resigning Backs and leaving ourselves enough for maybe a 5 million dollar man or couple more 2 to 3 million dollar middle of the road players? Does Maryanne resign to a one year deal or something since his stock has probably dropped to it's lowest? Will any young players develop to take on bigger roles?

I think this team is in a bit of quick sand, just fighting to get better but steadily sinking... I was almost in favor of letting Backstrom go even though he might be the only reason we are a point or two out of a playoff spot, due to the fact that in this system Harding could be very effective and has shown some promise and we could have closer to 10 million in space to go after some key pieces. What are those key pieces though?

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

27. mke723

mke723 Well-Known Member

Clutterbuck will take on an even bigger role next year, if that is even possible, 318 hits in a partial rookie season? and 21 yrs old? wow, hoopefully his body dosent break down. if only he cared about goals as much as he does hits. ohh well makes for excitement on the ice, islanders game was nuts, a 3 on 3? beeen a while since that has happened.

28. twofiveRS

A run at the playoffs maybe. But if you think they have a chance in hell at making a run for the cup you're crazy.

As for the rest, I really hope Burns gets back on track next year, almost seems like he lost his desire to play this year. I agree with clutterbuck, if he could concentrate on scoring a little more that would be great, he already has the intensity level.

Anyone know how long we signed Nolan for?

On a side note, a question for the STHs:
    We are currently sharing tickets with another couple(they control the account) but would like to get our own seats so we have a little more control over which games we choose. So far the easiest way to go about it seems to be to go to the "select a seat" with them, if we can. put the new seats under their account but with our name on there too. Then in a year tranfer the seats to our name. This should guarentee us seats without having to wait through the warming house. Anyone have input on this?

29. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

We have Nolan next year also. He signed a 2 year deal.

As for the tickets, that won't work. EVERYTHING goes off of your fan priority number. EVERYTHING. You can get your names added to their account, but YOU still don't have a fan priority number, so really all you will get is a free yearbook and media guide. Select a seat is all based off of the priority number. The lower the number, the sooner you get to select open seats. If you don't have a number, no select a seat. When we spit tickets with someone last season, we had our number, and they had their number (they were part of the warming house). When we got our season tickets, our discount cards had our number on it, and their cards had their number on it. The only reason they got to do select a seat so soon was because our number is so low. So the issue will be when you try to transfer the seat into your name. You need a number. And from here on out, everything you do will be based off of that number. So even if you can end up with your own seats, the next select a seat is based off of priority number, so you might not get to select a seat until 4-5 days after they open it up.

Russ

30. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

I knew this would happen with Gabby came back...we win a game and he gets the praise! Yippe, we beat the last place team in the NHL...

31. twofiveRS

I wish he would get a little more involved in play instead of just skating around looking for a pass.

Did you guys see him lower his shoulder to one of the rangers and take him out? Awesome, looked more like an accident, but awesome none the less.

wrx1- I pm'd you to keep the thread clean.

32. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

Ya...that was the one thing I caught myself enjoying about his play. It was like the dude hit a brick wall!

But still...:mad:

33. Goalie

And if he's going to be throwing hits all over the place for a whole season he better learn how to fight.

34. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

Lolz...he wasn't that bad against Avery :)

35. tmarc12366009

tmarc12366009 Well-Known Member

Believe me, Ithink its obvious he doesn't deserve all the praise, but I think it is naive to deny the fact that he gives this team an element they don't have when he is in th lineup... Big underlying issue is WHEN, but he can score with some of the better scorers in the game. Who knows, what will happen but I would like to see this team get to the next level since it is so damn awesome to watch playoff hockey!

36. twofiveRS

I don't think anyone would call it in clutterbucks favor. He needs to go through boogards fight camp:laugh:.

37. Goalie

Lol I thought he was, maybe Nolan is giving him the fighting lessons. LOL

38. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

lol I liked Nolans strategy...put your head down and swing away!

39. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

I just remembered that I didn't get a mug from the Feb. 21st game vs. Detroit so if anyone has an extra or maybe it is the only one you have I have a couple extra from other games this year I'm willing to trade if you can give that one up:) I know they aren't that awesome but I just want one complete set.

also did anyone else get a puck on St. Pattys day. I got a Koivu and a Bergeron and I know Russ got Nolan.

40. twofiveRS

Who was on that one? we recieved one with Koivu and one with with Burns.
    I'm hoping to get them signed next year when they have the various meet and greets.

41. Treylizardo

Treylizardo Active Member

The Wild need to miss the playoffs so they can fire the GM and field a team that can do better than being average in a mediocre division. Going on a tear to earn the right to be blown out by Detroit or San Jose isn't beneficial for the future of the team.

42. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

I missed the defensemen/Burns mug. And it looks like I'll end up with an extra of each Koivu,Lemaire and Gaborik.

43. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

And that is exactly why we are where we are. We haven't sucked enough to get the good draft picks. Too many years of being in the middle of the road and only getting middle of the road draft picks (plus the flops and DR's uncanny ability to not sign free agents).

Russ

44. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to take the Koivu one off your hands...I have a friend who loves him :rolleyes:

Let me know...

Ya, last years playoff "run" did nothing but hurt us :(

45. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

If you can get me the one I'm missing you can have all three;) otherwise if someone comes through with the missing one and doesn't want that one then yeah I don't need more than one of each.