Window tint group buy special?

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by bikerboy, Mar 24, 2005.

1. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

i'm in if there are ten.

2. scoobydreamin

scoobydreamin Well-Known Member

I will be out of town until next week, Monday night but am interested in having my STi done, the front windows of my Town and Country and a friends Civic, can I say that word here? Talk next week.

3. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

Bikerboy AGAIN I SAY THIS, Please add me to the list, trust me, I can afford it:(!;)

4. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by TheGC8

Bikerboy AGAIN I SAY THIS, Please add me to the list, trust me, I can afford it:(!;)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You need to chill! Your original post said "if there are 10 people" so I did not include you as you didn't say yes.

5. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

that is true. you didnt say add you, only add if there was 10 or something. ;)

6. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

no tint for me. i need to work on my sun tan:p

7. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

hey matt,
    whats is the timeline, my boss has a montecarlo he is interested in doing....

also, is a front brow included?

8. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DISCOPOPE

hey matt,
    whats is the timeline, my boss has a montecarlo he is interested in doing....

also, is a front brow included?

No real time line I was going to talk to Tony and see what dates are good.

Brow is not included in the price but can be added

9. DISCOPOPE

kool.

10. bikerboy

Sent Tony an email to get a date going

11. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

Sent Tony an email to get a date going

would it be possible to pay now, and do it later? the car it'll be on is not at all mobile now...but this is an awesome deal.

12. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

yes, we can give you a gift certificate, so you can come on down with the certificate whenever the car is done being worked on or from storage.

13. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by j0hnniz

yes, we can give you a gift certificate, so you can come on down with the certificate whenever the car is done being worked on or from storage.

awesome...then count me IN (assuming there are 10, which I think there are)

14. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

Hey bikerboy, or john, can u count in another person under my name, he own a 97 maxima...Thanks;)

15. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

sure. bikerboy can take care of that. your guy that came with you last night, right? the one interested in pete's 2.5 RS?

16. TheWRX

TheWRX Well-Known Member

Yep, that's him...:D

17. AWD 101

AWD 101 Well-Known Member

I want to get in on this, but two questions first:
    1) If I need to remove the tint for whatever reason, is this possible and what does it involve?
    2) To keep it as legal as possible I'd have to do 50% or higher, right? Can you legally tint the windshield at all?
    Guess that's 3 questions :) Anyways, thanks for putting this together bikerboy et al - I'll get you a firm answer within a week's time.

18. Speedemon

Speedemon Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by AWD 101

I want to get in on this, but two questions first:
    1) If I need to remove the tint for whatever reason, is this possible and what does it involve?
    2) To keep it as legal as possible I'd have to do 50% or higher, right? Can you legally tint the windshield at all?
    Guess that's 3 questions :) Anyways, thanks for putting this together bikerboy et al - I'll get you a firm answer within a week's time.

50% or higher is legal. Taking it of is possible, Don't know about the windsheild.

19. Cole

Cole New Member

The subie is already done, but I know of a camaro desperatly in need of tint-age. So if that's cool, put me on the list!

20. WannaBlack04WRX

WannaBlack04WRX New Member

I know I'm new here and this is my first post, but I would be interested in getting my Saturn done if it's open to me. I hope to get a WRX later this year (have some money saved up, but not enough...plan to pay 1/4 in cash...about 8000 or so). Going to try to get a 3 year loan if I can.

Anyway, if this is open for me and my Saturn I'd be interested in the lifetime. Any idea what would be good looking for a dark green Saturn coupe? Maybe 35% or should I go 20%?

Thanks everyone.
    Mike

21. WannaBlack04WRX

Also, I noticed someone said get contact info from those interested. If you can get a date/time for this, then I will let you know for sure (I work 2nd shift full-time and part-time 3rd shift). Hopefully it would be morning or weekend, then I'm definately in.

22. WannaBlack04WRX

I would also like to say my fiancee is in if that would be all right. She said for that kind of money she would definately get her Pontiac G6 tinted now. She was going to wait.

I have to say that I'm in as well.

That would be 2 more people/cars if I'm accepted to doing this.

Thanks.
    Mike

23. TrisNiN

TrisNiN Well-Known Member

I have a Wagon, possibly 2 that need a little darker shade on the windows ;)

24. RexN

RexN Well-Known Member

Bikerboy, count me in.

25. bikerboy

I am still waiting to hear back from Tony

26. scoobydreamin

Pardon my ignorance, but do they have to pull door panels, or can they tuck the tint from above?

27. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by scoobydreamin

Pardon my ignorance, but do they have to pull door panels, or can they tuck the tint from above?

Either way, I pulled my panels to do it, they come off in 5 minutes

28. scoobydreamin

That was why I wanted to know, so I could pull my own panels.

29. bikerboy

Yup you just need a number 1 and a number 3 philips to remove them.

30. scoobydreamin

I know it is not too tough, I installed car audio for about 12 years. I just figured that if they have to be pulled, I would rather do it myself. I can dynamat (or equiv) at the same time and maybe a speaker upgrade too.

31. bikerboy

they do not have to be pulled but it is easier for the install

32. Grimm

Grimm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by scoobydreamin

I know it is not too tough, I installed car audio for about 12 years. I just figured that if they have to be pulled, I would rather do it myself. I can dynamat (or equiv) at the same time and maybe a speaker upgrade too.
    It is a good enough excuse to pull them :D. I waited 3 weeks before putting in some real speakers.

33. RexN

RexN Well-Known Member

I have a screw that is rolling around inside the door panel from a speaker install. I can hear it during fast turns. Can't wait to get the tint done so that I can get rid of that screw once and for all!

34. scoobydreamin

Accelerate faster, it might drop out of the drain hole in the back of the door, and if not think of the fun you will have trying!

Note to self: RexN has a few screws loose.

35. RexN

RexN Well-Known Member

Hehe. Yeah the screws are from the crappy audio install of Ultimate Elec. It's hard to earn my trust right now for any work to my car that's not done by a stealership. Those bastards punctured my gas tank trying to ground an amp wire. Had the car for like 3 weeks and that happens! And the door panels never seem to be on tight like it used to - probably because the speakers are big and they had to mod it somewhat.
    Anyhow, I hope the tint installer guys are pros.

36. scoobydreamin

Yeah, you will find hacks in every industry although it sound like these tint guys take their time. I installed car audio, actually for Audio King for over 10 years, there were good guys and bad, just like in every industry, even I made a mistake or two believe it or not, never a fuel tank though..... Anyway for that reason, I will be pulling my own panels etc. Let the tinter concentrate on what he is best at, tinting.

37. bikerboy

I talked to Tony, we decided that we are not going to make a meet out of it due to scheduling. So what you need to do is call MAS to set up an appointment to get tinted. Please call ASAP to set your time up.

Midwest Auto Salon
    7604 W 147th Street
    Apple Valley, MN
    952-997-7113

38. WannaBlack04WRX

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

I talked to Tony, we decided that we are not going to make a meet out of it due to scheduling. So what you need to do is call MAS to set up an appointment to get tinted. Please call ASAP to set your time up.

Midwest Auto Salon
    7604 W 147th Street
    Apple Valley, MN
    952-997-7113

I was wondering what we tell him? Just say we're from MNSubaru? Also, what do they use for their film? I read a few posts he made on tintdude.com, but was curious. Lastly, how long does it usually take for them to do a car? Just curious on a general time frame for a coupe or sedan...also if it would save time, I can remove my door panels (the pair) in less than 3 minutes.

I timed myself...sad...

39. RexN

RexN Well-Known Member

Just tell them you are from the Subaru club and in the group buy. They are cool guys and will try to accomodate your schedule. They got bikerboy's car out in an hour - so it shouldn't take too long for your coupe. I have my appt this week, will post pics for you if you want.

40. scoobydreamin

Sounds good, thanks for the update. I will call in the AM.

41. DISCOPOPE

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by RexN

Those bastards punctured my gas tank trying to ground an amp wire.

holy christ!
    it takes a special kind of stupid to pull that off.

42. RexN

RexN Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DISCOPOPE

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by RexN

Those bastards punctured my gas tank trying to ground an amp wire.

holy christ!
    it takes a special kind of stupid to pull that off.

I don't know much about gas tank placement in cars but the guy swore up and down he didn't think it would be where it was. It was teh suck for sure.

Anyways, I am going to do 35% all around...what is everyone else doing for tint?

43. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by RexNAnyways, I am going to do 35% all around...what is everyone else doing for tint?

Good question. I know that the state's legal limit is 50%, but I'm not sure how well it is enforced, as I've only lived here for around two years.

44. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wall of tvs

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by RexNAnyways, I am going to do 35% all around...what is everyone else doing for tint?

Good question. I know that the state's legal limit is 50%, but I'm not sure how well it is enforced, as I've only lived here for around two years.

There was an Evo at firestone a couple weeks ago that a cop read as ~20%, and didn't ticket him for it. I think I'll go 20% on the back, and 60-70 on the fronts. I'll have to talk to them.

45. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ChuxThere was an Evo at firestone a couple weeks ago that a cop read as ~20%, and didn't ticket him for it. I think I'll go 20% on the back, and 60-70 on the fronts. I'll have to talk to them.

Which window was this on?