Window tint group buy special?

Discussion in 'For Sale : Car Parts' started by bikerboy, Mar 24, 2005.

1. scoobydreamin

scoobydreamin Well-Known Member

Maybe this should have it's own topic?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DISCOPOPE

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by RexN

Those bastards punctured my gas tank trying to ground an amp wire.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

holy christ!
    it takes a special kind of stupid to pull that off.

Aside from install hacks stapling this finger to a sub enclosure or drilling through stuff into their hands, unfortunately damage by repair shops is quite common. Of course it was frowned upon by the store, so if you did something to a car and could repair it without anyone knowing that was best. The repair or a portion was taken out of your check too so I found the best fix was not to do it in the first place.

There were accidents every month though. Gas tanks, gas lines, wire harnesses and even a/c evaporator cores. One shop had a drywall screw all the way through a BMW computer to mount a cross over in a kick panel.

And of course dash scratches or damage too. I saw our inner store delivery drive back right into a newly restored older box car Nova. Need less to say the owner was not too thrilled. Down south there was one tech who lost control doing a "test drive" and totaled a new Vette and the other when a guy went to pull a car around and didn't see the big bright tag that read "NO BREAKS" on the steering wheel. We lost a old Camaro and a water cooler in that accident.

When I worked for Crown Auto years ago, they would publish damage done to cars. Little stuff like the mechanic forgetting to put oil back in the engine and burning it up. Starting a cars interior on fire welding exhaust and a few cars that fell off the lift!

2. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wall of tvs

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by ChuxThere was an Evo at firestone a couple weeks ago that a cop read as ~20%, and didn't ticket him for it. I think I'll go 20% on the back, and 60-70 on the fronts. I'll have to talk to them.

Which window was this on?

the evo had it on all 4 side windows:
    [​IMG]

3. RexN

RexN Well-Known Member

I got my tint done this morning. I went in at 8AM and
    was out the door at 8:50AM. Tint looks great! :D
    The 35% was perfect...not too dark like the 20 but
    darker than the legal 50. I am impressed and loving
    the new look.

I can post pics if anyone is interested.

4. scoobydreamin

I would be interested in seeing some pics posted.

5. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

I'll second that. Post some pics!!1

:D

6. Neef

Neef New Member

Hey, Im glad you love it. Hey guys, just call in and identify yourself with the club. Thanks

7. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

how soon does this need to be done, i'm in the goupbuy, but my car isn't out on the roads yet, probably won't be for at least another week, whenever the brakes arrive and i have time to install them.

8. Neef

Neef New Member

This will be good for a lil bit...i will post when 10 ppl have called, count as of now is 2...:D

9. scoobydreamin

I was planning on stopping over today to check things out. I have a friend with me interested in having his Civic (shhh) done. I also have a Town and Country (front windows only) that I want done. Does that count for two ot three more. No need to answer. See you over lunch.

Rich

10. wall of tvs

I plan to call tomorrow before I go to work in the afternoon.

11. RexN

RexN Well-Known Member

Sorry I was busy. Here are the pics.

This is daytime: 35%
    [​IMG]

12. RexN

RexN Well-Known Member

And here are night pics:

[​IMG]

another angle:
    [​IMG]

Hopes this help with your decisions!

13. wall of tvs

sex on wheels, lol.

It looks as if I'm going to have to jump on the 35% bandwagon.:D

14. scoobydreamin

Thanks, Nice looking ride.

15. RexN

RexN Well-Known Member

Thanks! Can't go wrong with the 35%. From the inside, it's not even that dark.

Now I need to focus on removing that gap inside the wheel well. :D

16. scoobydreamin

Due to some changes here at work I found out about today, I am going to have to put my tint on hold.... :-(

My appointments were for Friday and Monday if anyone wants to get in soon.

I just left a message. Appriciate the generous offer and discount though.

17. Neef

Neef New Member

Hey Rich, thanks for the call..just let us know when you are ready..THANKS

18. scoobydreamin

I have worked service before, last minute cancels SUCK!

19. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

hi neef!
    i'll be giving you a call either tomarrow or monday for my apointment..

20. Neef

Neef New Member

Coolio!! Its all good Rich, do what you gotta do then give us a holla when ready...

21. wall of tvs

w00t!

I've got an appointment for Saturday. :)

22. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, we were there Sat morning and got both cars done. Looks good, I will post up the pics of the leggy once it stops raining. Those cars look so much better with some window tint. thanks to Matt and Tony for getting the gb together.

Russ

23. wall of tvs

Russ, I believe I saw your Legacy at MAS today. It looked really nice!

And yeah, I'm really happy with the way my tint job turned out. The guys there were super cool, and did a very good job. :D

24. Neef

Neef New Member

glad you guys like your tint, right now i have about 5 done tint jobs but we have been giving out the 10 ppl price....Thanks all

25. Klesk

Klesk Well-Known Member

Got mine done of Friday. Looks awsome! I'll post some pics later. Thanks for the great tint job!:)

26. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Put me down for one car. 1996 Civic 2 Door.

27. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I won't be able to do it until summer...should I call/pay now, or just do it whe ther car is mobile again.

also...any idea on how much the wagon would be? I'll be doing all 6 side windows, and the front two not as dark as the back 4.

28. Neef

Neef New Member

Please call Midwest Auto Salon to make an appointment, please identify yourself with the club. Wagon would be 225 lifetime for you guys...Camaro's fyi are 225 also...thanks guys

29. hercules

hercules New Member

hmmmm...might be intrested too...

30. WannaBlack04WRX

WannaBlack04WRX New Member

I was wondering if someone could post the shops hours online real quick because if I call, I'll either forget them or misplace them (if written down)....this way they'll be here for me to see.

Thanks.

I'll try to call by the end of this weekend to get an appointment for next week (get paid bi-weekly...which means a week from Thursday).

31. Neef

Neef New Member

Midwest Auto Salon
    7604 147th Street
    Apple Valley, MN 55124
    952-997-7113

Monday-Saturday 11 to 6

Any other hours we can accomadate to your needs. Thanks

32. jk78

jk78 New Member

this is what i get for not reading the board often.

Anyway, I'm in for a wagon tint. Out next weekend, but I'll call next week to set something up.

35% looks nice and I've had that before, but does anyone have pics of 50%? What brand tint is this Neef? You told me a long time ago but I forgot.

33. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

Llumar, I believe.

34. WannaBlack04WRX

WannaBlack04WRX New Member

I believe that's good stuff. I think I'll definately have to get in there this next week to get my car done. Pay day on Thursday..stupid bi-weekly paychecks. Anyway, I recall seeing something on tintdude.com posted from you when you were first starting up your shop...looks like you got some good info from other shop owners. Hope we can get enough people in to get you some decent business and get you some more jobs (I know if all goes well, I'll definately recommend you to others).

35. scoobydreamin

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jk78

this is what i get for not reading the board often.

Anyway, I'm in for a wagon tint. Out next weekend, but I'll call next week to set something up.

35% looks nice and I've had that before, but does anyone have pics of 50%? What brand tint is this Neef? You told me a long time ago but I forgot.

Here are a number of good tint examples.

http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20813&highlight=show+tint

Rich

36. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

here is the lgt after tint. i will get more pics this weekend.

[​IMG]

Russ

37. Neef

Neef New Member

Sweet Russ!! SOrry I wasnt able to be there to chat with ya...Still appreciate that day with my wrx...

We use Madico and Llumar tint.

Yea I surfed tintdude.com frequently before finding Dave the tinter..=)

38. FelixTheCat

FelixTheCat Active Member

Neef, I will be calling you this week to setup an appointment for later this month. I just picked up 2005 WRX last Friday, and am looking forward to tinting it. I will want 35% all around with a brow and a lifetime guarantee.

Thanks for helping out on the price!

39. Flipndabrd

Flipndabrd Well-Known Member

off-topic, this is a MAS group buy offer.

40. beeloo

beeloo New Member

I am up for this weekend and you will hear from me tomorrow!

Would like to get 35% Platinum with lifetime guarantee.

I have to drive up from Rochester so will need to set an appointment.

41. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Flipndabrd

I am working on striking a deal with the Gjerde's in Savage at the moment. They offer tinting, and 3M film. They are a well respected business and have been around for many years which is nice because you know your lifetime warrenty will be serviced if a problem ever surfaces. At the moment they will give $10 off a job for MN subaru club members but I would like to see that increased. I will try to keep you all posted.

Gjerde's Solar Shield
    (952) 226-2000

Is it necessary to hijack my group buy thread with your personal deal? Start your own thread please

42. Flipndabrd

Flipndabrd Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for the hijack.
    I did not get any "scratch my back, I'll scratch your back" type of deal with Solar Shield. I am just trying to let everyone know about what they offered the club including myself. I thought about starting it's own thread for this, but since the title of the thread was "Window tint group buy special?" I felt it was appropriate. I guess I was wrong. There is now a thread for what I mentioned earlier and I will consider this issue an end with this apoligy.

Matt

43. Neef

Neef New Member

hmmm 10.00 off? Um ok, i will go back to my original pricing, and give you all 15.00 off!!! how about that?!?!?! FYI our tinter worked for Gjerdes for over 10 years and was his best tinter....Im sure if you brought your his name up to Scott, Scott would know exactly who our guy is....

So anywho, 15.00 off sound fine to you guy??? :D

JP you all get the same pricing we have been giving out...no 10.00 off junk here...

44. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

I'm interested but that's once I get the new ride so if this is still going at the 10 people price I'd love to get in on it for the pay now tint later plan. Thanks!

Pete

Also, did anyone get the 50% legal limit? Does it look ok? I don't want to deal with getting pulled over for it.

45. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

we just did Fong's new forester today. he loves it!