Window tint prescription

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Mike, Apr 10, 2013.

1. tehfuzz

tehfuzz Well-Known Member

All law enforcement needs is probable cause, but I never understood why cops are bothered by such things like tint. When I worked out in Minnetonka a few years ago the cops would sit and troll the parking lots running plate numbers...

2. FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint

FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint Vendor

Okay, that's just not enough to do in that precinct! Or too many cops... ? You know you live in a safe area when that's all they have to do!

3. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Its just like New York with its stop and frisk law. The cops have too much control.

4. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

No it is most definitely not anything like New York stop and frisk law. Simmer down with your "national revolt over cops having discretion with writing tickets" or "states shouldn't be allowed to write their own laws" thing. You realize the most likely logical result of forcing that issue is EVERYBODY gets tickets according to the letter of the law... right? Oh, and states forfeit... well... being states.

Quit whining. Find a real cause. There are plenty of existing ones to choose from.

Kneel Weiß likes this.
  5. Brayden Hebl

Brayden Hebl Member

I've got 15% on back windows, and 20% on front two, and a 6inch brow 5% on windshield. Now I know that all of these are bound to get me sooner or later. I live in a small town and only commute a mile down the road for work, so yes my odds of getting a ticket from the local cop (whom I know personally) are slimmer then some of the fellas here commuting on major highways near the cities, but I've always said, law or not I'm still gonna do it because I like the look and I like my privacy. Sucks to sometimes pay (I have before on three other cars) but it is what it is and I'll keep runnin tint :) ya gotta pay to play

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386627420.100131.jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    mnnice likes this.
  6. FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint

I just love it when an older person tells the younger to settle for what it is... My senior union members tell me the same thing, and my dad tells me I should vote a certain way... The truth is, this country has what it has because we vote. Our fathers voted it in or settled for the way it is now. The nation is one day gonna be in the hands of the younger generation, and they will shape it the way they want. All the older generation can do is sell you on the way it is, and hope it doesn't change. That's a tad more idealistic than this thread was intended to be, but whatever.... Young guys...affect your change. In the mean time, the rules are what they are and you play by them(get your prescription if you have a need), or play cat and mouse and usually get cited....

Scott likes this.
  7. SurlyOldManMN

I agree with all of that. I respect conviction. However I consider critical thinking to be an important prerequisite. Claiming cops are corrupt because they cut people a break (unless it's for you in which case awesomecopgoodjob), is not well thought through. The idea that laws MUST be consistent from state to state directly assassinates the principals of states rights the country was founded on and has fought wars over. Throwing a claim like that out there because you got/may get harassed for illegal tint... Really?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  8. SurlyOldManMN

Anyway, work on figuring out how a national tint law would function and how you would sell states on forfeiting the right to govern the matter themselves. If the case is strong enough, it may be possible. But whining about it being corruption is... disingenuous.

9. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

wow this thread is still going on. just so i can update everyone, i ended up getting a prescription for 25% also had a 15% brow and had ran it for some 5 months. i didn't use the groupon and used suncontrol(sorry chris, i'll be using you in the spring for my bimmer) didn't get pulled over or harassed once...

10. Kneel Weiß

Kneel Weiß FUMP BDI Staff Member

Thank you Surly. Unfortunately there are a lot of cops that are in it for the power trip. Picked on as kids or whatnot. I am an MP and a lot of my friends are either becoming cops or already are. Most of them will have a legit reason for doing something.

tehfuzz likes this.
  11. tehfuzz

tehfuzz Well-Known Member

I wouldnt mind getting a quote for tint. I do have sensitive eyes and need transitions on my glasses so I think it would be nice to find a doctor that i can talk to about it with.

12. FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint

Surly, well said and thought out. You are spot on.

13. Rideride2

Rideride2 Member

I remember a thread a few years ago that had all the Dr.'s information in it but that seems it was taken down, not really surprised. Could someone please PM me contact information? Thank you!

14. Stuck686

Stuck686 Member

15. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

bow chicka wow wow

tehfuzz likes this.
  16. Brayden Hebl

Brayden Hebl Member

it's not. It's exactly 6inches

17. b00stWrx11

b00stWrx11 Member

Thats what she said! :bounce:

18. Greasemunki

Greasemunki New Member

Hey looking for the same doc for prescription tint window. If you can help where to get one please thanks

19. G Noble

G Noble New Member

Could someone please PM me the name of the Dr. I went to mine and asked for a prescription ( I had eye surgery that left me with a permanent 3/4 dilated pupil) and they told me they couldn't because of the liability to them if I got in an accident. I need someone who understands the value of tinting for safety and actually not getting in an accident :) Thanks,

20. STIsomeday

STIsomeday New Member

Checking back in here on the window tint prescription topic!! Is anyone still in contact with a Dr. willing and able to write prescriptions for tint? THANK YOU!!