1. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

I'm next, well if I get a chance to actually schedule some time to have him do his thing.

2. Gumby4mayor

Gumby4mayor Member

Just got my 2011 wrx 5 door done. window tint and the red tail light overlay. Good guy, AWESOME job and a terrific price.

3. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Chris did an amazing job with my clear bra (lower 1/3 of the doors, rocker covers, front end, hood, a pillars, roof, mirrors, door pockets, behind the rear wheels and front fenders) as well as my taillights. I highly, highly recommend his work to anyone. He'll be doing my windows at some point when I decide just how dark I want to go.

4. GreenGiant67

GreenGiant67 Active Member

More positive comments for Chris of Flawless Front Ends and Tint. Chris just did clear headlight and red tail light overlays on my '11 STi hatch. Looks terrific! Huge improvement on the tails. I already have a clear bra on the hood. Seriously considering having Chris do the full front end wrap with the side mirrors too. Great guy, great work, great prices. Thanks Chris!

5. chriswelckle

chriswelckle Well-Known Member

6. chriswelckle

chriswelckle Well-Known Member

Thanks.

7. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

++1 Chris did a great job installing a clear bra and overlays on my '11 wrx. He has great customer service and did a great job getting it done in a pinch! Thanks again Chris.

8. Starkall

Starkall Active Member

What do you charge for tint on an 11 wrx hatch

9. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Hey Chris - I just sent you an email...I've got a couple cars that need tint!

10. FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint

FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint Vendor

Sorry if I don't get back to you. I get about 50 emails a day and sometimes I miss the important ones. Great doing work for you guys! The best method is emails or texts. 612-226-0295. I fly planes a lot and my phone is off. Sometimes I am just out of the country....but I will return and would love to help you out!

11. Kosh

Kosh Well-Known Member

Anyone have tint done recently by Chris? I wanted to get another car tinted but his website is down and haven't been able to get a hold of him.

12. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

Call him

13. Curry

Curry Well-Known Member

Sorry, I meant to say his email address is on the op. Did you try emailing him? This is his second job and sometimes it takes him a while to respond.

14. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

A whole bunch of us have. Like, a lot. If you search the forums (or google with a "site:mnsubaru.com" suffix), I'm sure you can dig up quite a bit.

15. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

He did mine in 20% and it looks great!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. kvang

kvang Well-Known Member

^No he didn't^ That looks like 50% to me;)

17. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

I have a prescription :)

kvang likes this.
  18. thakrazymule

thakrazymule Active Member

Tint question. My car came with the back 3 windows tinted. Do most tint shops have a way of seeing how dark the existing tint is so I can get the front 2 tinted to match?

19. kvang

kvang Well-Known Member

^^ Yes, most of the tint shops should have a meter to get an est. on how dark the window tint is. For sedans, Max. darkness is 50% legally.

20. thakrazymule

Cool. I'm aware of what's "legal" haha, I just like how dark the back windows are, and want the front to match.

21. Bryan621

Bryan621 Well-Known Member

Whenever I got stopped for windows they just told me to take the front two off, and it was 35% all around.

22. thakrazymule

Correct me if I'm wrong. On cars the the tint has to be 50% or lighter all the way around. Vans, trucks, and suv's have to be 50% or lighter on the front 2 windows, the backs can be as dark as you want. Which i think is ridonkulous.

23. Bryan621

Yea Im pretty sure that's right. But I don't think most of them will bother you about the back windows.

24. FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint

For the most part that is true. Don't confuse that with it being legal, though. I did see a guy with a prescription that said he could have "30% on the front windows" and got a ticket for the back windows of a sedan.

25. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

I need to set up a time to drop of my car Chris. I'll shoot you a text.

26. FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint

Text me, or email. I am a busy guy, but want to schedule you in. Lots of voice mails to go through all the time, texts are easiest to reply to, because they are easier to separate from the garbage voice mails without having to sit down with a pen and paper. Thanks! Always GLAD to help!

27. FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint

TEXT please. Out of the country alot, airborne alot, too. When I'm not either of those, I am in the backseat of a car trying to install an immaculate back window....can't pick up. No secretary, or person to puck up my calls....
    Letting the website die...:bye: so much work, so little time. Still continuing on, though. I prefer the Subaru people anyway! Business STILL ALIVE AND WELL!

612-226-0295
    [email protected]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  28. FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint

Also, I may become REALLY hard to get a hold of in MAY/JUNE 2013 due to my career job improving/training. Just a minor hiccup, sorry. Maybe more available after that.

29. FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint

30. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

I might be able to help you with that depending on what hurts. I'll send you a text. :)

31. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

When the brz comes in ill be hitting you up. glad to see your business is still booming :)

32. 02_Rexxxy

02_Rexxxy Active Member

Actually, the state of MN just says "vans" but click on the hyper link and read their definition of a "van" haha I guess a WRX wagon constitutes as a van :) 0% it is! (behind the drivers seat anyways)
    https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=169.71

33. Bryan621

Yes, hatches are considered vans.

34. 02_Rexxxy

02_Rexxxy Active Member

Has anyone had any issues with the police that has a WRX wagon with tinted rear side windows? I was going to go 50% on the front 35% on the rear and then 5% on those small windows over the cargo area but debating if it's worth having to argue that my WRX is considered to be a "van" by legal definition as defined in the state constitution. Has anyone went to court over this and got their ticket dropped? If so, did you use a common law defense or what?

35. Jason

Jason Member

Based upon all of the positive feedback on here, I had Chris do the red tail light overlays yesterday on my hatch. He does amazing work at simply awesome prices. The tails turned out perfect and Chris has to be one of the nicest guys.

If any of you are looking for clear bra/tint or tail covers, look no further because you will not be disappointed.

Thanks again Chris!

36. MightyP

MightyP Member

Just noticed this thread. Wow, 50% is the darkest you can legally go up front here? Crazy. I have 35% up front and 15% on the rest of the windows. I was thinking about replacing the front tint with 15% to match. Guess not.

Do the cops generally bother you about tint here?

37. Jason

Jason Member

It's hit or miss with window tint it seems. I've had 2 tickets in about 8 years with 35% on my old car. Both were from small town/suburban cops. I've been pulled over by state troopers before that didn't seem to care though.

I do know of a guy if you do decide to change up the fronts. ;)

MightyP likes this.
  38. Ntxhuav_Khang

Ntxhuav_Khang Well-Known Member

You mean how to get prescriptions for tint? Pm'd ya

39. FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint

Read your car's title. Mine says Model/body....SW IWL. I'm pretty sure that stands for sport WAGON. My 4 door has 4D IWX. NOT a Wagon.

It would be hard to argue with that in court. You have to go all that way, though if an officer cites you. Armed with that info, and the statute in hand with all the definitions, you should win your case. BUT you might have to go through all that, including days off to appear in court and the aguish of thinking you might not get out of the ticket. I know I would take it that far if I got cited for that, but everyone is different.

Just look at the Honda Accord Crosstour. It is tinted dark on the rear half. That is less wagon like than ANY car I have seen yet, but it is NOT illegal because it fit the definition of a VAN/SUV.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  40. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

I need to get my car to you soon. My 5% on the rear is all degrading and looks like crap.

41. FlawlessFrontEnds&Tint

Sounds good...lmk

42. thaiv

thaiv Member

Pm'ed

43. SCIFIDELITY

SCIFIDELITY Well-Known Member

PM'ed

44. Kevin Harrington

Kevin Harrington Member

do you do vinyl wraps on the exterior of cars?

45. Bugeye18

Bugeye18 Member

Pm'd you. Thanks!