Winter Drive - Sunday the 12th.

Discussion in 'Mini Meets' started by MidnightImpreza, Dec 10, 2010.

1. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

Posting this up to see if I could generate any interest in getting people together for a 'winter drive' this Sunday the 12th. Nothing specific in mind, but thought it would be cool to get some people together and go cruise the snow. My thoughts are maybe drive to a State Park, (http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_parks/william_obrien/index.html is one option) have a mini meet and photo shoot with the Subarus. Find a place for some burgers after that. Other destination ideas are more than welcome.

2. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

This has bad news written all over it. No offense.

3. MidnightImpreza

None taken AWDimprezaL. Maybe I didn't explain it right. I'm not looking to go tear up a state park or anything like that. Or tear up anything. Just thought that would be a neat area for group pictures with lots of snow. Hwy 95 is a neat road to drive any time of year. The state park has a fee to enter anyway. X that idea. Any other destinations of interest?

4. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

i would be totally down for a winter cruise but i have to work at the viks game

5. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

In order to effectively do something like this, it has to be planned. Even a couple months in advance, you won't get the turnout you want, but you'll get some people. The earliest that we've planned things before and had them actualy have a decent turnout was about 2 weeks.

6. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

The other problem you'll run into if you do manage to get people to show up is that there is a major snow storm that will be rolling over us through tomorrow. Usually the road crews are good about clearing up the snow, but in the event they don't, you'll have half a dozen or more participants with varying degrees of winter driving ability cruising together as a group. If the roads even have the tiniest bit of slush on them, I can guarantee you that I wouldn't show up. I don't need to get rear ended or spend an hour in the cold dragging someone out of a ditch because they weren't prepared for the slick surfaces.

7. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

All negativity aside, it's a good idea, and maybe can be planned for later in the season considering there is no ice race. :)

8. MidnightImpreza

I understand what every one is saying. Thank you for the replies and imput. I appreciate it.

However, it anyone wants to go out tomorrow, let me know.

9. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

There you go!
    Also, usually when there is snow like this, people will meet at the Firestone lot (link is stickied in event forum) and then go find a spot for fun. I am not sure if this is happening tonight though.

10. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

it should!

11. MidnightImpreza

Went out for a bit. It was almost too much snow! Almost got the car stuck. Didn't bring my camera.