Winter Tuesday Meet

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by RexNEffect, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  2. WillC

WillC Well-Known Member

Sounds great.....Hope you guys see me on the tv...Ill be at the Wild Game.

3. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Too far for me to justify it. Dont quite feel like making the 20 mile drive into the cities on a weekday. I might try and make it out some other time though, especially if this is paired up with a snow shinanigans meet.

4. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

STICKIE!

sorry CHUMS but i came home to a pool of water.... a swiming pool known to me as my basement. needless to say i have a long night of ripping up carpet, sucking up water and swearing.

5. RexNEffect

Once the snow flies, shens will be had.

6. lukas

lukas Well-Known Member

just got back from over there. i saw 3 suby only.

7. seal

seal Member

sorry brian,i worked tell 6:30 and was to tired to go back out.

8. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

When the snow flies, most of us meet up at FS, regardless of the day. Personally, I don't want to be driving down Hennepin while it's snowing, but that's just me.

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Well-Known Member

ill be there next tuesday

10. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

If you pick a place with a bigger and/or better beer list and not uptown, I'd love to join you guys next week.

11. predavore

predavore Well-Known Member

Why don't you just make it the top level at the MOA? Nobody parks up there in winter.

12. RexNEffect

Good suggestions, Ylime and predavore! Green Mill didn't turn out too hot this week, due to the Twins game.

Do the bars in MOA have any decent specials on Tuesdays? Or maybe any other day?

13. carl

carl Well-Known Member

:???:

also, with sheen - beer selection is critical. i don't mind uptown driving/parking but it's "not ideal"

14. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

15. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

Personally, I think this is a great idea. Beer and food are a great way to get people interested, rather than standing outside in the cold :).

16. scoobypwnz201

scoobypwnz201 Well-Known Member

apparently from someone i know they said galaxy has bon fires and stuff every so often its quite a lively place :) im interested

17. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

^^^ really? damn, that would be pretty cool then.

18. scoobypwnz201

i think they have car shows on a certain day too...i saw a crap ton of imports up there a couple times over the summer

19. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

galxy is not as cool as you think and the foods not that good, wagners drive in, in bp is way better food..but I am thinking we stick to one place, a bar/restaurant make it is less confuesing. LIKe i said

big ten in hopkins,

applebess in knolwood mall,

old chicago in ep or any of there locations,

tgi fridays on 394 and louisiana av,

fudruckers on 394 as well,

jjs club house on 394,

majors on 394

20. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

I think we may want to also think of some places that dont really cost money. Not sure about how thats going to happen, but I can only imagine that not everyone is going to be able to afford to eat out every tuesday. And I know the resturants may get pissy if we have a big group and not all of them are buying.

And Emily, JJ's and Majors are REALLY busy and the parking is crappy for their happy hours. They dont clear out till about 8pm. Im not sure about the rest.

21. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

so we need a cheap place for some people, place with lots of beer for idget, lots of parking, not so busy..well we cant have all of those cause places with lots of beer are not always cheap, and most restaurants are going to busy at that time...so basically were damned if we do and were damned if we dont..we cant please everyone we need to try and find a median..seems like most people wanna have a place where they can drink so that means a restaurant and or bar...otherwise I suggested a coffee shop or ep bowling cause it has pool tables and darts and you dont have to buy a thing pluss they hvae cheap food and ample parking.

22. idget

This is a good idea. Decent beer list, family friendly, they have most of the games on, etc... Most of their locations also have seating where you can see the parking lot (not the uptown location. Parking sucks there). EP or Harmar? JJ's is more of a bar, right?

The harmar location has never cared when I've gone with a large group just to watch a game. Half of us drink but the other half are usually DD's. The seating is split between restaurant/bar/patio (lol)

23. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

where is harmar??? I usally go to the one in minntetonka and plymouth (plymouth service sucks but we go there for the mistustyle meets every week with at least 10 plus people and it works out ok besides crappy servers) and no jjs is a bar/resutrant..they have games and pool and lots of tvs and free popcorn..we ate there once for a meet you where there i think..I drove u home to carls.

24. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

calm down killer! damn, these are just suggestions. no need to go off. :rolleyes: I think the place Sheen agreed with you on would be great.

25. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

not going of..just stating the obvious....its way to hard to please a whole group..

26. tonyM

tonyM Well-Known Member

which is totally fine. With being unemployed, I'll probably not be going to many of these, especially if they're pricey. With the calhoun meet, it was nice because A: it was free and B: it was close. I understand winter is coming, and thats the whole point of this, but there has GOT to be an option none of us are thinking about, that will please most everyone.

27. idget

It's free if you want to just hang out. You can get a coke for a buck something as well.

The HarMar location is right off of hwy36 and Snelling (south on Snelling).
    It's in a strip mall so there's plenty of parking. It's also close enough to Firestone so that we could caravan down there on really snowy nights to meet up for mayhem.

There are also a really good snow lots over in that area as well. Tim the Plumber knows one of them REALLY well :laugh:. The other 3 are HUGE.

28. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

humm maybe we can make this winter firestone meet?? I think we were hoping to have it more on the otherside of town that way we have one for east siders and one for west siders (sounds like a gang LOL!)

29. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

You could have a meetup in the Down in the Valley strip mall parking lot, and there are plenty of restaurants around (fuddruckers too, hehe) so you could caravan there? Just an idea if you wanted the west-siders to have a meet. I would not recommend doing snow fun there tho, they have blocks on their parking spots and driving over one isn't fun :p

30. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Really? I thought that is what Subaru owners lived for?

I do think it would be cool to do a meet at the MOA parking garage. There was discussion of a loudest exhaust contest that could be held there....

31. idget

gotcha. Just throwing out suggestions. Location is always going to be an issue. Especially if it's through weekday rush hour traffic... although with a 7ish start time, you'd hopefully be catching the tail end of it.

In terms of Firestone. I was thinking that on those rare occasions that we get the perfect snow storm on a Tuesday night, I'll be heading to Firestone to meet up with everyone else. Not a big deal, just throwing a suggestion out there to get the ball rolling.

32. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

yeah it was a good suggestion, and yes I will also be meeting up at firestone for shens. moa could be fun anyone know if there is a good restaurant and no not hooters.

33. scoobypwnz201

resturaunts in MOA? most are expensive...lest we hit up the food court ftmfw

MOA is a good idea..id rock that no problemo..and of course the firestone meet for winter fun and games as tradition demands.

34. Ej22TIM

Ej22TIM Well-Known Member

Pick somewhere thats NOT uptown for a car meet if you want a good turn out, theres never anywhere to park down there.

35. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

well I don't see why we couldn't just do it in bakers square and have people bring food to share have a half dozen grills n what not and a bonfire. I mean there is nowhere for the fire to go and **** big parking lot all buisnesses so not really gunna disturb anyone there

36. carl

carl Well-Known Member

you must be new to mnsubaru.

this would require people to bring food and bring grills and actually do something. :eek3:

37. JasonoJordan

yea I am new to it lol. Sad that people don't wanna be active in having a good time n just wanna show up..

38. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Yes, the only way that MNSubaru is ever really happy is when nothing gets done. Then everyone can bitch about the fact that nothing gets done. And when people are bitching, they are happy.

Russ

tooch pac and tehfuzz like this.
  39. JasonoJordan

yea i guess thats a good theory lol..

40. scoobypwnz201

uptown is really only good for summer meets winter meets would blow nuts :hsugh:

41. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

+1.

I am all about the har-mar meet... or even perkins (across the street) if we want to go cheap. I vote East Side... because uptown is sort of West Side so it would be a good trade off for the winter!

42. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

Why not something like ridgedale applebees, or champs, or something more west! Hella parking and lots of places to choose from.

43. Ej22TIM

Ej22TIM Well-Known Member

agreed!

44. idget

Plus we could dominate the hall of foam with MNSubaru members :biggrin:

45. RexNEffect

Old Chicago in Har Mar is pretty good. I've had good times there, for sure! Good beer selection, and the food is damn good. Parking is also real easy. It's pretty much in the middle of the cities, and so easy to get to, since it's right on Hwy 36 and Snelling. About 15 minute drive tops for me, and maybe 20-25 minutes for those further west.

As for Fuddruckers and Ridgedale Mall spots, those sound really good too (Fuddruckers rules) and they're close for us west sider's. But my vote is gonna be for the Har Mar Old Chicago for now due to geographical reasons.

I say let's give it a shot this Tuesday.

tooch pac likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.