Winter washes

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by bobafett04wrx, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

I stear clear of washes with those stupid rails! I run prodrives.

2. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

yeah, i think I'll continue to do the self wash...it's only 2.50 in chan anyways

3. 1meanrex

1meanrex Well-Known Member

+1 on avoiding rails. Me with my cobb springs and stock sti struts barely make it over the rails, and when i had my vlimited lip it was impossible. Oh and holiday unlimited wash pass ftw!!

4. twofiveRS

twofiveRS Well-Known Member

Holiday had buy one month get one free. Two months unlimited for $30. I think the deal either ends today or possibly yesterday.

5. spoolem

spoolem Well-Known Member

No matter what just make sure you always wash out you door jams!!! You dont have to necessarily get water in you door jams but I recommend when you are done washing your car wipe them out really really good with a damp towel. Also wipe under your doors between the rubber weather stripping and the door on the bottom because thats where most rust starts!!!

6. illegal2.2

illegal2.2 Well-Known Member

so does all holiday have rails or its a drive up ramp or no ramp at all? lmk

ching

7. twofiveRS

twofiveRS Well-Known Member

At least the one in arden hills (hwy 35w and hwy 96) doesn't have any sort of rails or ramps.

8. Rusty

Rusty Member

i wish the holiday by me on university would have a wash. what do you guys think about washes that have the brushes? i've always thought they scratched the paint.

9. nm+

nm+ Professional Hypocrite

In Theory, a brush wash should be better.
    However, it all depends on how well you take care of the wash. And I don't trust gas stations.

10. devildevil

devildevil Well-Known Member

LOL im gonna fill out the form and bring it to the holiday in duluth and see what they say. i hate my truck dirty. i'll wash it a few times a week at $9 a wash if i have to. self washes suck because its so tall and big, i will easily spend $15 in a self serve.

The pink in the triple coat stains my clear coat on my blaze yellow and you can see the pink for a few days. :( the wrx no longer goes to the holiday wash.

every holiday ive seen has no ramps or rails.

11. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

I'm still loving the Paradise washes, just got me one today as a matter a fact.

12. Gridlocked

Gridlocked Well-Known Member

I stop by Holiday on the way home almost every day! The wash pas rules!!!
    I get all the road junk washed off so the garage floor stays relatively clean. It sucks when that crap melts and there are huge puddles of nastyness on the floor. Now I just have to get my wife one so she can do the same!

13. 03subyR

03subyR Well-Known Member

^^^ That's a good plan, bath before bad time :)

14. Goalie

Goalie MNSubaru Goaltender

I just got one of these too, got it while they had the free month sale going on. I go through there every other day since the Holiday on 41 is right by my house.

15. hella_sti

hella_sti Well-Known Member

Those washes with the brushes DO scratch the paint. I know because I spent 11 hours polishing and waxing to get all the micro marring and swirls out of the paint. I'd highly suggest against it.

As long as the car has a good coat of was on it and retains the ability to bead water on the paint's surface a touchless wash is fine, the wax will help the dirt come off easier.

16. Gridlocked

Darn it, Goalie, we HAVE to get together. I can almost SEE that holiday from my office.

17. Goalie

Goalie MNSubaru Goaltender

LOL I'll be at the toys for tots event this weekend, maybe meet up early with any other west siders and cruise over together.

18. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

The touchless at the BP at Snelling/Larpenteur did a good job on Saturday. Somewhat retarded that you have to go inside to get the $2 discount vs. pay at the pump. Tax Fraud 101.

19. Gridlocked

yes, this! When and where, yo?
    and to keep it on topic, I'll use my unlimited Holday pass on the way there.

20. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

I'll get a wash at Paradise Saturday also :)

21. Impreza 2.2 T AWD

Impreza 2.2 T AWD New Member

uhhh on side matter any one know of a wash that can fit a truck with a ladder rack. Shes dying for a wash. the truck is 7 feet tall with the rack on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.