Word of Caution: Ride Auto

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by readymix, Sep 6, 2013.

1. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

It has been brought to my attention that there is another WMC / Elite style car dealer operating out of Burnsville. I did some digging, and they are not owned by David Lavalle, so don't worry, it isn't just WMC 2.0 or anything. But they have the same schtick. Passing off salvaged cars at retail price to unsuspecting people, and then telling them 'AS-IS' when the problems show up shortly after the sale.

Normally, I don't give a crap about BBB stuff, but the frequency and consistency of the complaints tells an interesting story. I invite you to read some of the experiences and tell me if this sounds like a place you want to shop, or if it sounds like WMC all over again.

http://www.bbb.org/minnesota/busine...n-burnsville-mn-96008245/complaints#breakdown

Keep in mind, these guys sell on Craigslist and eBay. If you or anyone you know is in the market for a used Subaru, and you come across any in Burnsville at Ride Auto, be forewarned, there's a good chance the car you buy is salvaged and will have issues the moment you leave. And if you read the BBB complaints, you'd know, their response will be "AS-IS NO WARRANTY."

There are currently 3 Subarus on their lot. Don't be a victim.

Weird0 and BroCo like this.
  2. retreif

retreif Well-Known Member

I love that their website pictures are straight from the Insurance Auction site. You can see the Silver STI's front end damage.

readymix likes this.
  3. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warning! I always do a lot of research before buying from a place but a lot of people don't so hopefully you save someone here a lot of misfortune.

4. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Wow, actually now they have 7 wrx's listed!! Wonder where they all came from.
    They also have an evo, srt-4's, a MS6, some 350z's, and a bunch of pickups...they seem to have a very particular type of vehicle that they buy. Cars that young irresponsible guys tend to buy who just want a cheap "fast" car and the salesman hopes they overlook any glaring problems and sketchy sales tactics to get the car they want. Also pickups for wahtever reason. Probably because they are cheap/easy to fix up and have them run for 50 miles before breaking down.

Reminds me of the pawn shops in Atlanta that sold cars. All old Mercedes S-classes and BMW 745Li's with huge wheels for really cheap but will barely roll out of the parking lot without $30k in repairs.

Also, look at this poor blobeye with that terrible body kit...I would bet a lot of money that it actually has a lot more than 30k miles.
    http://rideautosale.com/viewcar.php?idnot=2854

5. pho_real

pho_real Well-Known Member

^^^LOL I also looked on their site. Not only that silver blobeye, but that blue bugeye has some work done to it, but doesn't say what. Someone should go check out the cars and be clueless and see what BS they spew.

6. tehfuzz

tehfuzz Well-Known Member

what a joke.

7. tonys

tonys Member

They have been around for years. They just recently graduated from selling primarily pickups and family sedans to poor credit Spanish speakers (that's based on their ads not a prejudice) to selling more performance oriented cars. I am guessing that they discovered 20 somethings are as easy marks as their primary customer base.

They are a couple blocks from my office so I have stopped in a couple times when there was something interesting on their lot. I don't know if I can adequately describe how sleazy these guys are. They had a mini cooper that the guy told me they had just put brand new brakes on. It had large open 5 spoke wheels (with the wrong size tires I might add) that you could clearly see the rotors were shot and the front pads were on or nearly on the backing plate. Why lie about something so clearly visible? Especially since I had been squatting down looking at them when he walked up. Since it was a screaming deal and I was looking for a project I asked if I could run it down to my mechanic who is about four blocks away so he could put it up on the hoist and take a look. They said they don't allow their cars to be taken to outside mechanics because of the risk the mechanic may damage their car. Huh? What? They did offer to have their mechanic put it on their lift for me and "Inspect it". Yeah right.

After about three conversations with these guys I wouldn't take a car from them if they gave it to me.

Weird0 and readymix like this.
  8. 05subieGT

05subieGT Well-Known Member

I went here a few years ago to check out a car, I immediately received a bad gut feeling on their lot. Seems now that they advertise poorly modified affordable street cars straight out of F&F.