"Word on the street...." Local Honda hits 656whp

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by devildevil, Apr 25, 2008.

1. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

yes, a (brown) star

2. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

a SPHINCTER????

Sphincter

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

is a structure, usually a circular muscle, that normally maintains constriction of a natural body passage or orifice and which relaxes as required by normal physiological functioning. There are over 40 different sphincters in the human body; some of these sphincters are microscopic in size except Bill's aka 02bluburu, word on the street is, his has exploded due to his over consumption of Chipotle.

Many sphincters are used every day in the normal course of digestion. For example, the epiglottis is used to seal off the windpipe when swallowing, so as to ensure that no food or liquid enters the lungs. The use of the epiglottis is a typical example of an involuntary action by the body.

3. jb05sti

jb05sti Well-Known Member

that car with 600hp should be running alot faster than that i'd think

theres a couple civic hatches here with half the power in the 10's.

4. TSTRBOY2004

called LACK OF TRACTION which means less acceleration

5. wrxpeed

wrxpeed CobraPeed

Psh, he sounds like a tool. And 650 HP isn't that much in relation to "fast" cars. Go to any supra or cobra forum and that's run of the mill HP. Hell, there are almost half dozen of cobras here alone that would whoop him. A little shot of NOS and I'm there but with torque, something he wouldn't know anything about.

6. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

an s2k is quite a bit lighter then a brobra

7. HoLsTeR

HoLsTeR Well-Known Member

lets not forget about the Black Honda civic EK hatchback tuned by shane at DBperformance. last i herd it was well over 600hp. and there is another dark silver EG hatch thats over 500hp. they are REALLY fast civics. and look close to stock other than their huge tires they runn daily.

that s2000 isnt that impressive. he should work on his trachtion before bragging about having all that power....

i know there has to be some other hondas that can give him a run for his tons of money.

8. StatGSR

StatGSR Well-Known Member

ok, mid 11s on street tires with his old 500hp. think about it with slicks and traction that means its well into the 10s.

comparing supras and cobras to an S2K is just silly so just dont do it.

yes nates EK hatch is fast we all know this.

how many high hp S2Ks have you ever heard of? one, now, would be the answer for most of you. he has been breaking lots of ground making an S2K handle that kinda power.

jeez people, give props where props are due. you dont have to want it or like it, but just bashing the owner just cause you dont grasp the concept is absolutely retarded.

9. TSTRBOY2004

getting all defensive cause you may or may not have your nose up the owners poophole is also retarded..... its an open forum.. opinions are gonna happen.. grow thicker skin...

10. StatGSR

iv met the guy like once or twice before, im sure he doesnt even know me, but whatever, your right nate i shouldnt get all defensive, just one of those things where stupid people piss me off and im feeling bored. i mean how many of you guys go talk **** about fobia and his ride? we all know its guna be bad ass, and i like to think the better part forum wishes him luck. this s2k build isnt all that much different.

11. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I saw and HEARD an S2k at MAP on the dyno. Believe they said it was at 600+hp. White in color and sounded a bit like the world was coming to an end!:eek3:

12. TSTRBOY2004

I respect any car that someone has genuinely put hard work into it.. not necessarily lots of money... but someone who pays others to do all the work then sits around jerking himself about how awesome it is... fine.. the car is awesome the owner is a jerk...

that goes across the board... rice, domestic... bicycle.... yada yada

13. StatGSR

^ yea i agree with you 100%

14. tux121

tux121 Well-Known Member

Saw him also. Loud and very fast!!! The LC was awesome also!!

15. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Joey's car is badass. I've seen/heard it before. Him and Badd Brad are the resident Honda ring leaders in D-Town.

I also understand Dustin's want to take them down, since they think they are king ****. Brad is alright though. He's let me use his garage before.

16. devildevil

devildevil Well-Known Member

Brad is awesome. VERY cool guy and willing to help ANYONE, honda owner or not. If you were turboing a moped he'd say sweet let me know if you need help. he has actually taken down nate's black hatch with 2 people in a 4 DOOR integra. Brad is now working on his COMPLETELY gutted and caged crx that IF he can hook, will be nasty. i just want to beat joey because he, as dan put it, "thinks he is king ****" and he needs to be beat to be brought down a level or 23. the car doesnt have the soft top, it gutted out on that part and rolls the carbon hard top that lifts off over 100mph and has to be held down by hand. no power steering, a/c, or anything and he will NEVER tell you whats done or pop the hood. he CONSTANTLY wants to put $ on ANY race and will jump in your face and try to start a fight basically if you disagree with him at all. Brad does almost all his work and Jordan does his tuning. If he would just chill out and not make everyday a competition he'd be cooler in my book. Look out for "HNDAPWR" in the coming summer months. My brother told him to line up with his '68 nova 496 stroker but he wouldn't do it. I, in all honesty, dont think i have seen him line up against any muscle and he always pulls his famous line "lets do highway pulls" but he wont go from a dig. I believe he is on rear end #4. I am not trying to bash Joey in any way, we were at one time good friends. Hell, it'd be cool if it were that way again but I just wish he'd chill out and be more friendly. I would certainly buy him a drink in celebration of his numbers. The car is damn sexy on the exterior i'll admit that. the 4" mufflerless exhaust is ear drum exploding, especially in the tunnels of duluth.

Matt(fobia) what do "the numerous cars that would beat that" consist of? Just curious as i am not familiar with everyone's builds. If my engine setup isnt enough i can always change turbo's (for the fourth time) and retune.

On the dsm part, the 4g63 is a powerhouse. hate it or love it, the thing responds and makes gobs of power. Think about it, what would it take to make 1130 all wheel on a subaru? The guy with the 42r sti hit 1000 all wheel yet? last i read he was still in the 800 range. Yes the dsm's break a lot but if you dont cheap out and build all of the car, they can produce crazy power and do it reliably for the numbers they make... and you dont have to dump $30,000+ to get the car in stock trim (aka a supra) to make those numbers.

I created this thread for discussion, opinions(good and bad), and to get people excited to see some good races this summer.

17. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

this never happened. nates car should be up and running in three of four weeks and i personally will put $100 on that race and nate will win. as far as cars that will bet him. i should when the new motor goes in, nate will, dustins hatch will, maps talon and there new dsmrx7 thing will, as well as that white eveo that db tuned ect....

not being cocky at all and not trying start ****. like his car and think its fast as hell. all i can say is there is always some one to beat you.

18. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

Are you a jerk for bragging about the garage and house you're building but not really *building* it? Or is that you doing all the work?

19. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

you cant race garages so that has no point.

20. Colin

Colin Well-Known Member

I'm buying a new house. It's amazing. Im going to open a brag thread about it,

21. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

IIRC, one of the four rules in Brad's garage is "DSM's not welcome", lol.

Phil said Brad's integra was putting down about 480whp on race gas. Brad himself told me he was running a GT3040.

But yeah, Joey has always been tight lipped about his car. He doesn't understand that the Duluth/Superior area is not large enough to hustle for money like that. He could in the cities with his V-mount setup since you can't see an intercooler.

22. gimmefuel

gimmefuel New Member

Taken from Jordans (Consumate Tuning) post on MNSC
    http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68454
    And WOW there are alot of assbags here.
    I've worked on, ridden in and helped w/ this car.
    The owner has completely funded it himself, no help from mommy or (new) daddy.
    Joey is about the most down to earth guy ya wanna meet.
    Yes he knows what he has. If he wants to be secretive about, who gives a ****.
    If he wants to race for $$$$, who cares, step up.
    This car ranks up there in the top 3 "f'n insane" cars I've ridden in/drove. My uncles blown BB 68 camaro, and a buddies 10 sec talon being the others.
    Traction hasn't been an issue really either, launches about as hard as the previously mentioned talon.
    I'm not saying this thing is Gods chariot, but c'mon...give respect where its due.

23. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

Well, you can still brag about something you bought, not built ;)

24. Grayguy

Grayguy Well-Known Member

Amen Jason. I've only met/talked to joey a few times, but he always seemed like a really nice guy to me. Like I said, if ever given the opportunity to ride in this car, I would be willing to pay for the ride.

25. TSTRBOY2004

where have I 'bragged' about building a house....

heck then I may as well seeing as everyone pisses and moans about gas prices, and eveyything else I may as well be happy about not giving a crap about everyones fear...

or maybe I should brag cause I aint an idiot spending all my moneys on my car just to turn around and sell it cause gas prices went up... or cause someone on this forum called me a name so I am selling it and leaving it just to log on regularly anyways...

now am I a jerk... shall I continue...

sorry if getting so friggin tired of all the whiners on this site about how they cant afford stuff... STOP pissing away your money...

I get picked on all the time with smart arse comments cause I have 3 kids and a fourth on the way... sorry if I find more value in being a Father and great husband and a trustworthy friend then someone who is loved and worshipped on some stupid internet forum....

am I ticked off... Nope.. just calling it as I see it!!!

so F5^&^& off... ha haha:laugh:

26. TSTRBOY2004

and after I have finished doing a bunch of sheet-rocking, painting, electical, designing the house etc etc... then you dont have to come over and enjoy the fruits of my labor... thats fine by me...

and Colin if you are buying a house.. CONGRATS that is something to brag about.. it shows you know to spend money on things more important then a ******* car...

27. subynate

subynate Well-Known Member

hurray for houses!!

28. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

you cant drive a house....:(

29. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

anything is possible matt..

30. tangledupinblu

FAIL!!:biggrin:

31. carl

carl Well-Known Member

FAIL! the truck is being driven. the house is cargo ;)

32. tangledupinblu

shhhhhhhhhhhhhH! whyuspoilnmahfunzcarL?:laugh:

33. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

some people live in a motor home like its their house and they are drivable..

34. tangledupinblu

yus, some people live in their cars...one girl I know comes to mind.:p

35. carl

carl Well-Known Member

for the last time, I'M A BOY!

err, what?

36. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

ummm.............looks around..crap im the only female here.....seriously wow off topic again imagine that....back on topic s2k powa ftw!

37. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

are you sure..cause you dont seem to sure.

38. carl

carl Well-Known Member

:( it's hard to keep track of these things

39. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

That's probably true for you asian guys.

SHAZAM!

40. carl

carl Well-Known Member

THIS :eek3:

41. devildevil

Joey is a good guy, i wish the spat would come to an end and we could shake hands to settle it and go cruise together again. I dunno if i should be drinking at his house anymore tho, i still have the scar from his sink last time. Still do not know how it got there. I want to see some high powered cars having fun together this summer thats all.

Matt- the brad/nate race was a few years ago. Brad was c16 and had JJ in his teg, they pulled away from RS motors so JJ could have a ride and Nate followed him out. They did a pull on the freeway in front of the shop and Brad beat him. The next summer(summer before last) we took the integra down again and saw nate and his friend with the gray hatch at db but i dont believe they noticed us until we saw them later that night at porky's in which Nate prompted the guy with the gray hatch to ask brad to race, but brad had a lesser setup in at the time and we didnt race that night.

About this evo at db, what'd it put down? i am a fan of evo's.

42. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

the evo did 700 something? at 41psi. had allot of ams parts and belongs to some young kid.

as far as the nate race. nate is one of my best friends and has been for along time. i will never for get the call of when he bought that car and i gave him **** about having vtec and he assured me it would be fast one day. every year that car gets a new power plant and just makes more and more power and gets cleaner and cleaner. and on every turbo he he puts on their he never comes close to maxing it out. he just never wants to run race gas thats over 5 bucks a gallon. and when i think back to 4 years ago and what setup he had, he was up words of 500hp and still then not too many people were that fast. and nates a kid that will **** with every body when it come to him telling you what he has done or what gas he is on or boost level. i just cant see that story to be true if he was actually racing?

and if your friend with this guy and when you get your car done you better get your ass down to midway and do some power runs or come to some of the spots. we need more imports that are fast out there beating up on all these turbo stangs and camaro's.

43. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

yes bums often have the use of the internet and brag about there house on wheels......:roll::roll::roll::roll:

44. devildevil

i will be down lots this summer. hopefully we can get the d-town cars that have some balls to all roll together for a fun cruise down. i dont need much for my car to be together. i want to reverse my intake mani and am going to pull the engine to do it. i am awaiting my dog box to come from andrew and i just need a few bits like my r&p and drive shaft. i actually cruised by firestone a few times friday(a week ago) but wasnt sure if i knew anyone there that night and didnt want to be the newb rollin up in a acura to the subaru lot.

45. fobiawrx

fobiawrx Fabiola

sounds good. don't be intimidate of firestone. thees nothing to worry about there. i show up in the explorer when im working on the car or if there is bad weather. get that car done and get down there