WRX flashing

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by LSE Performance, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LSE Performance

LSE Performance New Member

I am not the fastest with the Open ECU software, and am still trying to figure out a little bit on the boost tables, but I did the first WRX flash for a customer today.

2006 WRX 5spd. Mods: STI Intake, STI Exhaust.
    I left the boost alone pretty much, I think it made .1 more psi from 4k+... The "dip" is when the boost falls back down after a 13ish psi spike. For dropping 2psi, I think it smoothed out nicely. I will probably have him come back at a later date and try to flatten out the boost.
    Just messed with AFR and timing control. Only messed with 2500rpm up, as under that it seemed fine. The baseline pull I must have stayed on the gas a bit. These were all back to back pulls, not a "cool down pull" compared to a hot pull. No ATM2 correction as it would have reflected "up".

I will begin to start taking on different type's of projects as time goes. Just letting everyone know I didn't forget about the local subaru guys!!

This sort of flash work is typically $150-450+, pending how involved the tuning gets, problems with the cars...etc

2. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

FUNKY i dont know what the difference between dynos is but a freind of mine's 06 with a tbe and k&n intake did 195 whp and 225 TQ no tuning on the DB dyno, 95+ degrees...i guess the downpipe is THAT restrictive

3. LSE Performance

LSE Performance New Member

Atmosphere corrections up can artificially inflate power numbers....

I just realized that the graph is on 2 different axis's :(. I'll fix it and get a new one up in a few minutes.

4. krees23

krees23 Well-Known Member

Good gains! Great job, Josh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.