WRX STI Test Drive Possibly?

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by MNAutomatic, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I know this is a longshot since I dont know any of you yet but I am just curious what ya'll would say. My bro is seriously looking into getting a STI but he wants to drive one and no delearships around town got one that they are letting people drive. So my question is if any of you guys would let a complete stranger drive your car for an hour with you in that passenger seat? I should probably let you know that he is 23, not younger than me. Once again I know this is a long shot but I figure it is worth a try seeing how all you guys are pretty close around here and seem pretty friendly

2. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Heh...good luck. Just have him drive a WRX and tell him the STi will have: more torque, especially low-end; a firmer ride; better handling; better braking; and a confidence-inspiring gearbox...among other differences.

If he's familiar enough with driving a WRX and likes it, there's no reason he couldn't just go buy an STi and almost certainly like it even more (assuming he doesn't care about the lack of interior creature comforts, something the WRX doesn't have much of anyway). But you never know, there might be a kind soul here willing to hand over his keys to an unknown 23 year old. :p

Joel

3. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

I figure this is a long shot, actually a very long shot but I figured it was worth a chance. He actually likes the fact that it comes with less creature comforts cause he is gonna change that all out anyways. I think he is gonna test drive a WRX this weekend but he was just hoping he could find a person willing to let him drive a STI so that he could really see and feel the difference instead of guessing. Sh*t if anyone would even take him for a ride I am sure he would be happy.

4. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Hmmm... not sure about the test drive but, maybe a test ride... Let me know.

5. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

alright, I will let my bro know. It will be greatly appreciated. He is looking to trade off his m-coupe for the STI so maybe you can drive that and he can drive yours? Just a thought

6. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Now, remember... a test ride... not drive LOL. We'll see...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.