WTB: Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 or your verizon upgrade

Discussion in 'Want To Buy : Cars/Parts' started by Ryan, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Ryan

Ryan Sled drifting master

I'm looking to buy a verizon samsung galaxy s4. Or, if you want to make some quick easy cash sell me your verizon upgrade. I'll buy the phone and have it assigned to my account right away, plus pay you cash on top of that. We can work out details. PM me if interested.

2. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Is there any way to sell upgrades without losing my unlimited data? I have 3 of them on my account that I haven't used because I don't want to lose the unlimited. I'm assuming there probably isn't any way to transfer other than me actually using the upgrade and then selling you the phone.

3. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

4. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

IDK Ben. I just used my upgrade for a phone on my plan but kept my phone and unlimited data. Maybe there is a way?

5. Ryan

I'm not sure, but if you want to find out and make some easy cash I'll meet you at verizon. PM me if you want to hash out the fine details

6. Ryan

7. KA-T_240

KA-T_240 Well-Known Member

How?????????

8. KA-T_240

Wait, you upgraded one phone on your plan or you upgraded the phone with unlimited data?

I have unlimited data on verizon, my phone is about to take a dump so I am trying to figure out how to upgrade my phone with out signing a contract and loosing unlimited. We have 1 non smart phone on our account which is also due for an upgrade.

9. Moleness

Moleness I can change the internet Staff Member

You could pay full price the phone, or pay the discount (new contract) price and get the phone for less, but you will be signing a new 2yr contract w/2G of data for around what you pay now or pay $$$ for unlimited. Unless something has drastically changed since I did this a few months ago...

10. KA-T_240

Yup, that's the way it has been since unlimited data goes away. I use way to much data to leave an unlimited plan.

11. Moleness

Moleness I can change the internet Staff Member

Are you really using data outside of wifi that much? I have had no overages since I started making a point of getting/staying on the wifi and home, work and wherever else I can.

12. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Verizon does have an option now to pay for the phone over 2 years. They just divide up the price of the phone and tack that onto your monthly bill. I think it's also like $5 month in fees you have to pay for that service. I'm guessing that's what Derek did. My wife and I are just buying phones full price to avoid the "interest" fee. $750 each for an iPhone 5 and a Galaxy S4!

Also, Verizon called me "to review my plan", just minutes after I posted in this thread. Seemed very suspicious, lol. Turns out we use an average of 5,000 texts per month and 20+ GB/month of data. He didn't even bother trying to offer us any other plans. He said we were well suited to our plan, haha.

13. KA-T_240

We don't get the privilege of using company wi-fi at work. I use I heart Radio/Pandora probably 5-6 hours per day(cant use computers either), and on road trips. That's where my data usage comes from.

14. KA-T_240

Yikes! I use an average of 6gb, sometimes more on my phone. I have been debating buying a used phone or doing something like this thread as well.

15. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

16. Ryan

Well, I think I found my phone. I'll have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus for sale here soon. Unlocked bootloader, rooted, running mmuzzy 4.2.2. I can flash everything back to stock if wanted. If any of you are interested just PM me.

17. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

I've been looking at a new phone as well after cracking the glass on my galaxy nexus. Still works fine just looks like ****. My problem isn't being able to change to a limited data plan but that I'm not able to renew till January. So I've been looking on craigslist

18. KA-T_240

Have you thought about getting it repaired?

19. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

To repair it myself would be about $125-$175. The screen digitizer and the glass is one piece from what I understand. Picked up a used HTC droid dna for $340 off craigslist. With car and home charger and 2 cases.