Xxr 527.

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by slowwagon4now, Nov 28, 2011.

1. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

Considering that size fits great on a 17x7, I'm thinking that adding 1.25 inches of rim width is going to be less than optimal.

Edit: Looks like Jason won the quick draw there. Everything I've read has said 7-8, with 8 really pushing it.

2. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

Lol, it really isn't that bad at all. I see more stretch everyday on factory cars such as M3s, M5s, M6s, etc. It's really no big deal.

3. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

8.5 was maximum stretch distance. 7 to 8.5 isn't the "optimal zone" or anything. It is just the range where the tire wont shred itself. 7" wide is the optimal width for that tire. 8.5 is more of the "yeah, it'll fit, and you'll be fine, but there are better options that actually perform the way the tire was intended to perform"

4. blackozone

blackozone Well-Known Member

Stretching a tire isn't the same as having a low-offset/convex wheel (which is what BMW has been doing lately). Do you have any pics you can post up?

5. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

Here you go. This is a crappy cell pic from last summer on the way to lake of the woods. My car was filled to the roof with coolers and fishing equipment, hence the sag. It's all I have at the moment.

Lake of the woods '11.jpg