Yep, we get snow here, too

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by stoooo, Mar 8, 2009.

1. stoooo

stoooo Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

We just got back from a trek up into the mountains. They've actually got snow up there, which is a novelty in these parts. So novel, in fact, that we made the trip up there just to see it. The temperature down at sea level was about 70*, and up on the mountain at about 6,000ft it was down to 50*, but there was a chilly wind. It was funny to see all the locals wrapped up like it was -20* in a whiteout; they just aren't used to it.

So, here we are on our way up the mountain, with our friends in the black Nissan in front...

[​IMG]

Here are the kids throwing snowballs at one of our friends. We had to stop in town to buy them gloves, since they didn't actually own any.

[​IMG]

And here, on the way down, Trish managed to get a shot of the "Old Road" across the valley. I am now planning a special Subie trip up the mountain, and I'll be taking the old road for sure.

[​IMG]

And now for the super special Subaru content. As we went through a little mountain village called Platres, on our way to a restaurant for lunch, we passed another little restaurant that had at least a dozen STi's of all vintages parked outside. Sadly, I don't have any photos. Yet. But it looks as though there is a Subaru club of some description locally, and I now have an idea where they meet for lunch on Sundays. If we'd've been in the Subaru instead of the Land Cruiser, we would have stopped for sure. It is now my mission to tap into that group, and I promise all of you that I will get photos next time. It would have been absolutely perfect for the current COTM competition :emo:

Bye for now,
    Stuart.

2. retreif

retreif Well-Known Member

Lovely scenery!